• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

styl3s

Sorry for double post but big (bad) news, all MHO games are being shut down: https://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-marvel-heroes-1820475273

I guess we've all seen the writing on the walls.
I don't regret spending as much money on the PC version as i did since i did get hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment but i am fucking cheesed i put money into the console version.

I was hoping someone else would pick it up because even though it wasn't going in the direction i wanted it to, i fucking loved the game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So this is it I assume? Xth week without news and no Thor movie tie-in yet.

I don't see any other company buying the broken mess that is MHO but one can hope... it is the only Marvel MMO out there after all that is kind of fun (if you ignore all the latest cash-grab or annoying gameplay changes). Can't believe I've put 200h+ into this game..

I played it on PC while back. I really enjoyed it until got to the end game. All of the different materials and crafting just got too complex for me and I just went ahead and leveled characters and moved on to the next. I put in over 100 hours for sure, I enjoyed it. I always wondered what it would be like if it wasn't F2P.

So, do we have a date?
And what about the game? Can I at lrast finish the story mode?

Game is going off line Dec 31, 2017

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/330038/official-statement-from-gazillion

We're sad to inform our players and our entire Marvel Heroes family that Marvel Heroes Omega will be shutting down. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we'll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

We've had the privilege of entertaining and collaborating with our players for over four years. We're extremely humbled by that privilege and wanted to get this message out: Thank you. Thank you to our players, our tireless employees, and everyone involved in the life of Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016, and Marvel Heroes Omega.

Xevren

Welp, thanks for all the memories over the years. Had a lot of fun playing with you guys in the supergroup or just chatting it up. We kinda knew it was coming so it is what it is.

Zurick

Banned
Thank you all for the opportunity to make items for you guys and try to fix your issues. Sorry I couldn't get to them all in the end. As a fan like you guys I'll always cherish the time I spent playing, and creating.

HMC

Never been in the PC master race, but as a Marvel fanatic, I've been waiting for the console version for years. I've played this game nearly every day since it dropped. Every day. Personally, this is devastating...

Faaark. Cant believe it... well, I guess I can.
I invested thousands of hours into MH and had a heap of fun with it. Im sad to see it go.
If the devs could do it again, I wonder what they'd change to make the game profitable? No costume blender? I had probably about 50 free costumes from leveling heroes - but I also spent close to $200 on the game. I guess thats not much though, considering how much time I spent in it.

RIP, MH.
Thanks for all the hard work, devs.

giphy.gif

robgrab

I played this game countless hours and loved it but eventually fell off due to them changing the way Dr. Doom played and the complexity of all the crafting materials. SWTOR is another game with way too many different crafting materials.

HMC

Seriously, this is really fucking with my depression. I've missed out on the thousands of hours I would have spent on this game, patiently waiting for the console version...this was literally the only game I every really wanted to get a PC for. I swear, after a really tough 2017, this is like a kick in the gut.

-H McCoy

Newk86

No because barely any logic is handled on the client itself. It‘s all server side. They‘d have to either ship a heavily modified local server with the game client or completely rewrite the game.

Nuts, such a waste of content when stuff like this happens.

TimFL

Anyone know what the fastest way to 60 is now? I figured I could buy and take the rest of the roster to 60 before it closes.
You buy boosters and max them out. Everything is dirt cheap now and they hand out Gs every day.
I‘d wager you could plat this in less than a week due to everything being essentially free.

styl3s

Console version (at least xbox) doesn't give you 1000g a day but everything is 1g/1splinter but you can buy everything because if you just buy a bunch of x5 loot boxes you get almost infinite splinters.

Don't know if it's soloable since i have never beat it on console yet but the omega prestige you can buy does not pop the trophy/achievemnt. If you can be Doom solo i will probably just grind out all the achievements.

Veggy

Had a lot of fun with MH over the years, had 300-ish hours racked up and was something I would randomly come back to :(

creid

Gazillion keeps Gazillioning, up to the very end. Game is shutting down tomorrow:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/marvel-heroes/marvel-heroes-shut-down

Sources have confirmed that Gazillion is laying off the bulk of its staff and shutting down Marvel Heroes tomorrow, a month earlier than planned.

A source has shared a company-wide email from Gazillion CEO David von Dorman with reporter Jay Allen that confirms details alleged by employees yesterday evening. The email tells employees that there has been "a company-wide reduction in force" and that "The bank has decided not to pursue any course of action that sees Gazillion meaningfully continue into the New Year and this requires that the company terminate its workforce."

A few staff are staying on "to facilitate the bank’s transfer of assets and for other similar matters."

Tied to the staff termination, the email also states "We also intend to shut down Marvel Heroes Omega per the bank and Marvel’s wishes on Friday, November 24, 2017. At Marvel’s request we have prepped succinct messaging and are preparing to shut everything down."

The email also confirms that staff will not be paid the PTO (paid time off) that they are owed, saying “If at some point in the future these obligations will be met, you will be contacted.”

Allen's sources also say that Gazillion employees were informed that the company had lost their license with Disney to the Marvel properties on the 23rd of October. Development continued, but they were not allowed to publicly discuss the loss of the contract or the reason for a lack of announcements. They stayed on until November 10th, at which point they were informed that they were all furloughed as of the 11th. This explains the company's silence over the last month.

M_sk

Neo Member
Logged in expecting to delete it...still on! I enjoy every last drop, lol.

Sorry I haven’t followed this correctly...
Wasn’t it supposed to be closed by now? I thought it was supposed to be down on the 24th or have they changed the dates and extended it?

Most people expected it to end the other day. Many of us gathered on the bridge and waited for the servers to shut off. I stood around for about 20 mins.

Rje_ne1xO5RNh_4HrythBdk09ZN_OMW6vNiIkEn6yVUo-2FIgiISWWmQaSDZYaCiC1sCgGcMQeEd-x0F_DlSPr-LIqYTn1lb1TWXo9qUqfYb5INz8Npp9wPQNd-qN8Ju9tn-CfOmu-MVQ4uP8HOiGM6hiwv7y_1n18q53yi7Lo15dQJanC7u8mIR8x1HT21cUfC14rXPO9uz9Y2Hq0JIPS9Y4xb-Xm1q5BLCO7GUALnqrvCSnjy64UG69gSZJfZ1EsixkLANPyxlc2j4qblaA7p_KZ_djtxe82ya5G3CyoOY_ZaOcoyffN5-BeAqeTqpGJ9zuzp4vp19TL3YuNm5_ARiAttpm4AbzndF-KL3waQaz_1O5aWGMmu7nzsTvp16bX23feY62Ox3G3szncczQwutE5XGcQwXt0B4_lJzwZuTOvjkLxy9ANAuBEfIzB_uV8qTtv9TSJ-ngAW42HVP0iLEjrs3PJ8vSo7yr5HEV48xpfzZIYWX-q8Lp4A-JwWBVtJTioyoXeCkza71Mhe2ZVYefXC8oi0ihK-b3EhlBAjDFhDZD92zmGpzBf_kJ5tI4XeT4Rssa0Dwtzl2J2EwUW1LPKSaRiHo4q8e-shjbNfDXFuYaKiUHJSEDaZTXXKh3vgnsmxkyWK2xN4ODquBN_IylAqmxpIjeqI=w1688-h949-no

Mulgrok

RIP
4k hours and hundreds of dollars spent, and no regrets

Game failed because they botched initial releases of stuff too many times in a row. Gained a lot of negative publicity that killed any momentum to gain new Players. There was no 1 reason though.

What's the story here with Gazillion? Massive mis-management?

I have heard stories about the game not (ever?) being profitable and Gazillions CEO caught up in some sexual harassment accusations.
I was worried about this games future ages ago, when the devs started giving away 90% off store currency as random daily login gifts.
And now it seems to be finally over. The Marvel Heroes forum is gone and I cant login to the game. It was fun while it lasted - at least in the pre-Biggest Update Ever period.

Top Bottom