• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSReborn

So, do we know anything about other modes and stuff now? (or any info at all, did that YouTube guy end up being a fraud?)

This game is definitely going to end up being a slow-burning cult hit at best, maybe culminating into a very successful sequel.

Not yet Sony is being tight lipped as usual. I remember when I was following Twisted Metal the first time I seen many things for the game was on a GS Now Playing. That was I believe the first time I knew what the single player structure was like and some of the different weapons you can unlock for your cars and other things of that nature. In the last week they went full force with media and what not and released these videos doing a deep dive on the mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0oF5MTEbw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYBwEcgG4Q

...but by the time they started releasing them no one really cared which is what I figure is gonna happen with All Stars especially with Blops 2, Wii U, Halo 4, etc.

Dreweyes

Does anyone know if theres been any more information released on that steelbook that leaked not too long ago?

Would love a Dreweyes steelbook, but I'd love any steelbook over nothing at all.

Dude, if my design was a steelbook, I think my brain might explode from excitement. ♥

https://twitter.com/SuperBotEnt/status/264512004847460352

Looks like a good place to advertise. Hope it does not have the opposite effect.

Yup saw it tonight, grinned. :D

KalBalboa

Banned
All these HD collections have me getting even more eager to see this game hit.

A few months back I finally beat a Jak and Daxter game and this week I've nearly beaten God of War I again (for the first time since it launched). I actually just put Killzone HD down too, after getting the trilogy for only $20 at that Gamestop sale.

Normally I wouldn't be playing so many PS2-era games, but all these cheap collections combined with All-Stars coming soon has my inner nostalgia dialed up. It really feels like a coordinated effort to get guys like me to buy up these franchises right before All-Stars hits... and I hate to say it's been super-effective on me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There's a Halo 4 tournament too. It's an interesting way to promote your game.

What was the crowd reaction, if any?

So just a reminder that MLG is this weekend and tomorrow (Sunday) at 5 CST is the Playstation All Stars tournament semifinals which is going to be streamed.

SD is free and HD and DVR playback will cost money

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/fall-championship-broadcast-schedules

I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway that someone can tape that for those who will miss it?

SmithnCo

dat Fat Princess

jdI9N5XRVuZev.png

So it'll actually get advertised? Nice.

Its a shame Sony are sending LBP Karting to die. They'll do the same for Sly 4 next year too. They did the same for Twisted Metal and Starhawk. I don't understand why they greenlight these projects and see them through to completion if they can't be arsed to stand behind them until the end.

SSReborn

Its a shame Sony are sending LBP Karting to die. They'll do the same for Sly 4 next year too. They did the same for Twisted Metal and Starhawk. I don't understand why they greenlight these projects and see them through to completion if they can't be arsed to stand behind them until the end.

They have ads running for LBP Karting as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3CSepwCX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZSkA_CmSw6o

cyborg009

Banned

LBP Karting is getting advertised in UK I'm not sure about in America but Sony really failed at keep people in it.

Funfact Twisted Metal and Starhawk were advertised but extremely poorly. But Twisted Metal did sell well at around 500k I think.

Funfact Twisted Metal and Starhawk were advertised but extremely poorly. But Twisted Metal did sell well at around 500k I think.

That is not selling well at all. Given the length of time it was in development and it being the longest running PlayStation franchise. . half a million is disappointing. Jaffe and Shu would say otherwise of course, but at the beginning of the ramped up development they would have hoped for more.

SmithnCo

Sorry, but am I missing the joke or are these commercials really the real tv-commercials?

In the comments for the us-spot someone even said this:

So i'm really confused now. :p

Sony had a contest for Karting commercials. So those might be from before it won apparently.

Takao

Banned
LBP Karting US commercial was actually a contest where fans could submit their ideas and Sony would choose which one they felt was the best. Fueled by Imagination was the winner. Some overweight guy in a rocket chair won $5000 for spamming his minor youtube celebrity status for votes.

cyborg009

Banned
That is not selling well at all. Given the length of time it was in development and it being the longest running PlayStation franchise. . half a million is disappointing. Jaffe and Shu would say otherwise of course, but at the beginning of the ramped up development they would have hoped for more.

Such a shame and it was one of PS first million sellers

I-hate-u

It was out of market for a long time and people taste have changed

-TK-

Just played this a few games and I can't believe how cheap and generic trash this game is. Everything from the game menus to gameplay felt like I was playing a two dollars mobile game on big screen, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom