• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIGHT! Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Sonic The Fighters Rated for XBLA

Kokonoe

Banned
Mmm, will finally get to play Sonic The Fighters. I'm going to take that fighting game seriously no matter how good or bad it is!

Probably just ports of the Sega Ages versions of these titles. I'm still in just so I don't have to boot up my Saturn or PS2 to play these.

Burning Rangers & Clockwork Knight next. Please and Thank You.

Eusis

Well, PD Saga was coded very specifically for the Saturn, which was the PS2/PS3-style alien machine of that time, to the point that many Western games on Saturn don't use the second SH2 processor at all, so reverse-engineering stuff like that is a nightmare, not only because the machine itself, but also because back then devkits and documentarion weren't standarized at all like they are now, so most probably the guys at Team Andromeda used custom tools. Emulation is our best bet, I'd say.
That does sound like it'd make it more of a pain even than MGS or God of War for Bluepoint.

Well, guess I have to hope Nintendo pushes the VC more seriously again on the Wii U and gets Saturn (and Sega CD) games to show up.

To my knowledge everything that was released during the saturn era and before, including arcade, is lost. They have most of the stuff from the Dreamcast era, which explains all the ports on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube of all the dreamcast hits.

For House of the dead you'll notice that 2 to x have been released several times on multiple consoles, in bundles etc. All iterations except the first one.

What about Daytona USA? Not sure if that's a port, or emulation.

Model 2 emulation on PC is quite good, even on older PCs, so I imagine console emulation would be fine if they had to go that route.

Then there's also the PC versions they could port over, like they did with Panzer Dragoon on the Xbox in Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Khaz

Again though, the majority of these HD remakes are being reverse engineered from the originals, and have nothing to do with source code. A PDS (or seriously, a proper Panzer Collection) is not out of the question. Visually the NiGHTS HD remake is absolutely lovely, it's just the controls that took a bit of a hit.

And I would love it. I agree it's perfectly feasible but PDS is a game with a lot of content and it would take time and money to remake it. Which leads me to believe that without the easy solution of emulating it, it will be one of the last to me remade (if they do it at all).

Oh man.

If these sell well.

Maybe we will get sequels. Or games! I'm sure they are doing this for money, but who gives a shit when you have loadsa old remixes coming out.

Please, Sega. Give us more games.

Atolm

What about Daytona USA? Not sure if that's a port, or emulation.

Model 2 emulation on PC is quite good, even on older PCs, so I imagine console emulation would be fine if they had to go that route.

Afaik Daytona it's an hybrid between emulation/port, kinda like the recent JSR.

sonic-the-fighters-fang-vs-knuckles.jpg

Look at all those quadrilateral polygons.

And I would love it. I agree it's perfectly feasible but PDS is a game with a lot of content and it would take time and money to remake it. Which leads me to believe that without the easy solution of emulating it, it will be one of the last to me remade (if they do it at all).

Somebody should just email Sega the Ebay link of a PDS search, so they'd realize how much money people are willing to pay for it. I'm certain a dedicated remake would perform, just on reputation alone.

I always wanted to play fighting vipers but never owned a saturn as a kid.

I own the gems ps2 collection but not actually played it yet as my ps2 is packed in the loft somewhere, might as well rebuy it on xbla.

iavi

The next Sega Heritage triple release a fighter-focused pack?

I'll take a whole set of fighters if it means the next does RPGS.

xemumanic

I'm so shocked by this alls I can say is:

"Get The Fuck Outta Here, REALLY?!"

This really needs a GIF of Elaine pushing someone out of a door.

Megaton!!!!

This is sick. I would love to see a Virtua Fighter 3 port, Die Hard Arcade, Burning Rangers and.....whatelse am I missing?

Tizoc

Neat, looking forward to these, one can expect Megamaix in 2013 if they keep up this pace.

By the way those games are cool and all but it's like Playmore, they keep re-releasing the same stuff over and over...
Eh baby steps I guess. At least these titles are more interesting than what SNK released on PSN.
...and they released Fighting Vipers and VF2 on PS2, GC and X-Box?

I'd kill for home ports of unseen stuff like Ollie Kings, Virtua Cop 3, Scud Race, Daytona 2...Sega has such an impressive arcade games library it's not even funny.

Like I wrote above, baby steps, we'll get these games eventually, just be patient kiddies.
TBH I'd put more faith in SEGA releasing their classics than SNK
WHERE'S MY GAROU+GGPO PORT SNK?!?!!?

adelante

What I'd give for a balls-to-the-walls action packed, current gen version of Fighting Vipers with best destructive arenas of DOA5 and progressive damage inflicted on fighters during battle thru torn clothing, broken armor, etc

To my knowledge everything that was released during the saturn era and before, including arcade, is lost. They have most of the stuff from the Dreamcast era, which explains all the ports on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube of all the dreamcast hits.

For House of the dead you'll notice that 2 to x have been released several times on multiple consoles, in bundles etc. All iterations except the first one.

Their is always the PC port of House of the Dead. Which if you had a capable machine was slightly better than the arcade. Edit: I just tried it...hmmm maybe I was wrong. While the frame rate is better I don't remember the polygon count being this low in the arcade version. >.>

Want list:
Planet Harriers (The one Sega game I never got to play, that is a squeal to a game I love
Dragon Force 2 (US version of the sequel I love)
Brave Firefighters (Would make a great move/wii-u mote game)
Burning Rangers (Loved it)
Napple Tale (The underrated DC game)
Fighters Megamix (Why no sequels)

I owned all of these on Saturn except the Sonic one. There is really no reason to care about in 2012. So much other stuff Sega could be doing.

Would be good if this was the next bundle pack of titles on XBLA.

I would really like some version of Last Bronx or Fighter's Megamix. Never got to play any of these titles.

I'm in that mind that I'm all f yeah about these games getting released, but only I only have a little interest in one (FV). I had VF2 on Saturn and while it was alright, I have no interest in going back to anything pre 4Evo (besides the novelty of VF Anniversary). I had Sonic Fighters on GameCube and it was terrible. I guess it excites me because it just tells me Sega is continuing to remember their games, but I would much rather have Fighters Megamix.

I'm just hoping that if VF2 has poor sales because VF5FS is already on there (and one could guess the price difference being 400msp...or for this week -200msp) it won't effect negatively effect FM's chances.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't people just play VF5FS?

Sonic the fighters is probably real shitty without the pizza hut buffet to go along with it

Top Bottom