• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over My Dead Body 2 (Vita) Debut Screenshots - it's kind of beautiful

Poke

Neo Member
Not the type of beauty I was expecting. I came in thinking I'd see some good graphics for a handheld game not this. Wow.

Here's an example of the game attempting to turn a photo of your face into an in-game character.

ore03.jpg
ore04.jpg

Welp.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I enjoyed the first game a lot so I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully this one will be more popular.

jengo

Having never played/heard of this series before, I don't see why Sony isn't setting this up to be the next big Vita JRPG. It may not have the general aesthetic appeal of Persona 4, but you can't say it doesn't grab you by just looking at it. Those waves T_T

so I've been looking for youtube gameplay of this and found some stuff

found a video of someone playing the psp version and explaining the game in english, although he's still not 100% sure and still trying around, this game looks really interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHUpjk2MFVw

and this one I assume is the first cutscene in the game, there's probably the boss demon who curse your family that bastard. (okay, entry said this is actually the ending...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAmTzYRszxE

and this is probably the soundtrack album, which is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFNhl6eecI

Glass Rebel

I love everything about the look of this game except for the characters. Backgrounds and enemies are stunning but the PCs couldn't look more generic D:

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo this will be localized, sony won't miss the chance of localizing a their good game for vita this time...

Yoshida is noticing that people want it

untitledshs1t.png

untitled1xfsah.png
... or maybe not?
Thanks != yes -> probably means no :(

This game gonna look soooo good on OLED.

Looks quite good. No doubt that OLED screen will really make it shine. Now I want to see it in motion.
These comments make me die inside a little... a vita without the oled :(
We can't say anything about the oled anymore when the vita 2k will be released :'(

Holy crap that's sexy. I hope the gameplay/story/writing don't suck.

not much of a story apparently, all your playable character are randomly generated, pick job class etc. most of the cool/unique looking character from the screenshots are gods/demigods that you align with to create new generation of characters, I assume they're kinda like the Persona/SMT demon, you're kinda fusing your older character with demons to get new younger characters.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Looks like somebody took the watercolor filter from Painter 7 back in 2001 and slapped it over an entire game. Bleaugh. If only they'd copied Okami...

Maybe it looks better on a small screen and in motion though.

Why is he saying that as if it's not in his power to make it happen? I mean who's the one deciding which one to localize or not, Tretton?

Because it isn't in his power. His job is to look over the actual development of the software, but each territory has people in place to figure out which games are appropriate for different markets. That why I think he added that @aqizil to his "thanks" tweets that I posted earlier. That guy runs some first party division at SCEA.

Because it isn't in his power. His job is to look over the actual development of the software, but each territory has people in place to figure out which games are appropriate for different markets. That why I think he added that @aqizil to his "thanks" tweets that I posted earlier. That guy runs some first party division at SCEA.

Yeah, any effort needs to include inertia directed at SCEA and SCEE.

Love the look of this

Over-My-Dead-Body-2_2013_09-12-13_077.jpg

Tried doing this for the PSP version but since no one in the west play it we couldn't get much support.

(A lot of info here)
http://opdemonbane.tumblr.com/

You can see like the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane

Huh! There you go. Maybe the climate is different, this time around? Fingers crossed and the usual slacktivism avenues of twitter and digital signatures ahoy!

Usobuko

Banned
Not sure if the trailer has been posted yet. Anyway, I think it looks okay. As I never play this before I find the multi-generation premise more interesting that the art style.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Would you need to play the first game to understand what's going on? If not, I'm hoping this gets localized as well.

Sinople

Holy crap that's sexy. I hope the gameplay/story/writing don't suck.

Shoji Masuda's games are an acquired taste, as he's always trying to put a different spin on the traditional gameplay mechanics and storytelling cliches present in JRPG, but they're never bad.

Top Bottom