• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
took advantage of the deals with gold this week and got this for £26

Any gaffers in an xbox group?

drotahorror

Hadn't played for a few months....

DIUz8si.png

Thanks rockstar!

SomTervo

Maybe not the best place to post this, but the OT is so dead and gone.

So I got the game on PC. Downloaded and installed to my SSD via the Rockstar Social Club launcher/bootstrap thing.

And it won't launch. Won't even boot up. If I do it in 'Safe Mode' it gives me that "err_gfx_d3d_init" error.

And that's it. Can't play the game.

My setup:

GTX 1080 FE @factory
i5 4690k 3.5GHz @ factory
16GB RAM
Windows 10

It's fucking shambolic. Don't want to do another entire 60 GB overnight download... But I might as well try it

PS I've tried launching it through GeForce Experience as 'optimised', I've tried editing the settings.xml file to turn on/off/adjust which DirectX I use, and I've tried running it in Windowed Borderless. All lead to immediate crash.

EDIT: Nobody responded, so hey, but evidently re-installing the game entirely to my HDD fixed it. I think my girlfriend rebooted the computer mid-install first time around so that might have fucked it initially.

TVexperto

So whats up with all the huge boats and yachts in online mode? I tried to get on one but cant do anything, cant even steal the chopper thats on there. Can we buy one?

Vic_Viper

Just started playing for the first time since the PS3 release. Is there a GAF crew still playing and if so how do I apply for the group?

Also what is the best option for getting a good start on cash? Do I get money from playing the single player and is there a good choice for which pack to buy to start out with?

Is this really the most active GTAO thread?

I wanted to ask, is it smart for me to transfer my PS4 GTAO profile to PC? (If it is even possible). Or is the PC GTAO community riddled with cheating?

I am assuming that GTAO will never be patched to run at 60fps on PS4K, considering Sony's rules with online games.

So whats up with all the huge boats and yachts in online mode? I tried to get on one but cant do anything, cant even steal the chopper thats on there. Can we buy one?

You can buy them, there's a few models. About $6-10m. I haven't bought one yet, I don't think they have much benefit, other than being a floating ostentatious property. You can do piracy prevention as VIP/CEO work which gives about $30k each time.

Just started playing for the first time since the PS3 release. Is there a GAF crew still playing and if so how do I apply for the group?

Also what is the best option for getting a good start on cash? Do I get money from playing the single player and is there a good choice for which pack to buy to start out with?

PM Baron Von Beans to join the GAF crew. I wouldn't buy any shark cards, just grind with the gaf crew. Its easy to make around $100k an hour doing VIP/CEO work and sentinel selling in between work cool downs.

Is this really the most active GTAO thread?

I wanted to ask, is it smart for me to transfer my PS4 GTAO profile to PC? (If it is even possible). Or is the PC GTAO community riddled with cheating?

I am assuming that GTAO will never be patched to run at 60fps on PS4K, considering Sony's rules with online games.

I think you can only transfer 360>XB1 and PS3>PS4. No cross platform or PC as far as I know.

Rockstar might release a patch to improve the visuals on the Pro. I doubt the Pro could run GTAO at 60fps though.

I think you can only transfer 360>XB1 and PS3>PS4. No cross platform or PC as far as I know.

Rockstar might release a patch to improve the visuals on the Pro. I doubt the Pro could run GTAO at 60fps though.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: Actually, it just transferred my PS4 characters/funds/inventory to the PC version. So it does work. I'm not sure if I can still play on PS4.. I am guessing not unless I transfer it again. But it seems to have worked!

Wolfe

Pretty sure you were able to transfer from 360>PS4 and PS3>XB1 as well.

Apt101

Mang, my character is bugged in Online and can't run. I exited the game and reloaded, no dice. Also ever since getting the new PS4 Platinum headset I can't hear anyone in chat, even after toggling settings (All > Crew Only > etc).

Fucking butt cheeks. I don't want to reinstall this big-ass download. Even with a 120 Mbps Internet connection it's gonna hurt.

Top Bottom