• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Affordable Nintendo Switch Accessories From Nyko: Dock, Controller, etc.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I thought maybe their was a sequel for Affordable Space Adventures when I saw the thread title.

jts

...hate me...
Will definitely grab a mini-dock. Always asked for something like that to take on the go.

However, with so many accessories, why not something like this for the Pro Controller yet? Come on.

New-Cellphone-Clamp-Mobile-Phone-Clamp-Smart-Clip-Holder-Handle-Bracket-for-PS4-DualShock-4-Controller.jpg

Joqu

Definitely interested in the mini dock, but I'm gonna wait for some impressions before I bite. That thing could turn out dangerously flimsy.

Steiner

Banned
Will definitely grab a mini-dock. Always asked for something like that to take on the go.

However, with so many accessories, why not something like this for the Pro Controller yet? Come on.

Uq4kHSK.png

You didn't see the clip grip? It's not the pro controller, but that's exactly like what you posted. It's also capable of charging battery / storing carts and microSD cards.

M3d10n

Uq4kHSK.png

You didn't see the clip grip? It's not the pro controller, but that's exactly like what you posted. It's also capable of charging battery / storing carts and microSD cards.

Why are they using the picture of an Android phone in there?

Fularu

Banned
After Nyko killing consoles with their various "cooling" solutions I'm satying as far away from them as possible

At least I know Nintendo respects the USB-C standards of quality, really can't say as much about Nyko.

Amazon links:

Boost Pak - $30
  • Keep playing after the internal battery runs out
  • Conveniently turn on Boost Pak whenever charging is needed
  • Keep Boost Pak attached when the Nintendo Switch is docked in TV mode
  • Easily recharge the Boost Pak through a Type-C cable or the dock.
AC Power Cord - $25
  • USB Type-C compatible
  • Dock compatible
  • 8ft cord length
Core Controller - $30
  • Full sized Console Controller provides a more ergonomic feel than with Joy-Con alone
  • No lag or connectivity issues. No syncing required
  • Programmable turbo for any face or shoulder Buttons
Travel Charger - $20
  • Easily charge the Nintendo Switch while in the car
  • 6ft. USB Type-C connection
  • Charge and play at the same time
Intercooler - $30
  • Increases the airflow to the Nintendo Switch Console
  • Built-in Sensors automatically turn the intercooler on and Off as needed
  • Plugs in through a USB port on the dock
  • Allows the Nintendo Switch dock to be placed Horizontal or vertically
Charge Base - $25
  • Conveniently Store and charge the Nintendo Switch and two Joy-Con
  • Plugs into any wall outlet to recharge
  • Secondary charging dock - Perfect for charging while you are away from your main dock
  • Acts as a Stand while the Nintendo Switch is charging
Portable Dock - $45
  • Conveniently Store and charge the Nintendo Switch and two Joy-Con
  • Plugs into any wall outlet to recharge
  • Secondary charging dock - Perfect for charging while you are away from your main dock
  • Acts as a Stand while the Nintendo Switch is charging

...and other things.

foltzie1

Will be interesting to see some of those in actual produced forms instead of renders, that control grip in particular is interesting.

Steiner

Banned
Why are they using the picture of an Android phone in there?

Because they're marketing this as a a grip that will be useful for the Nintendo online app interactivity. I guess if we can't plug our headsets into the controller this is the next best thing...

Also... Do the Joy-Con connect to phones? If so, then this is the official emulator grip.

Costia

the switch is x2 the weight. it will get uncomfortable fast.

So is there really much of a difference in what the Power Pak and Boost Pak do? Seems like they both serve to expand batterly life/charge the switch while in portable mode, but just attach to the console differently and the boost pak can stay attached and charge while docked too.

Wish I hadn't spent $70 on a pro controller and $80 on joycons. Would have bought some cheap accessories and been done with it since I'm only going to use them once in a while. That dock is pretty slick though and at half the price.

Okay, definitely think I'm gonna go with the Power pak when it comes out, I didn't notice that it had a reasonably better battery than the Boost pak.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If only the charge base had TV out it'd be perfect to charge a spare set of joycons

What's the best option for charging an extra pair of joycons and a pro controller? I have a USB cable for charging the pro controller, does the switch dock have enough USB ports to connect that 'charge block'?

forrest

formerly nacire

New-Cellphone-Clamp-Mobile-Phone-Clamp-Smart-Clip-Holder-Handle-Bracket-for-PS4-DualShock-4-Controller.jpg

This is the closest thing I've found.

https://utorcase.com

But yeah I'm hoping we get some pro controller mounts for the switch console.

FaintDeftone

It's a bummer that the dock doesn't have a USB 3.0 port on it. I hard wire my Switch when it's docked using an Ethernet adapter and not being able to use one is kind of a deal killer.

VeeP

Really wish that controller was $40 and wirelsss. Oh well. Hopefully the pro controller drops in price when I pick up a Switch.

Was wondering why they would attach a phone to the controller grip... It's so you can use the Nintendo app without digging it out of your pocket. Not sure I'd be up for that, but I WOULD love the part where it carries your games in it, if the ergonomics haven't been fucked with too much.

Top Bottom