• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 6/23/2017: YOU’RE THE MANHOLE NOW

bm2OldH.png

8-4 Play 6/23/2017: YOU’RE THE MANHOLE NOW
The hype train has once again departed for parts unknown, but there’s still plenty of E3-related goodness to discuss in its wake. Join us as we tear through all (OK, most) of the games announced at this year’s show with the usual mish-mash of thoughts and impressions on everything Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony had to offer.

Running Time: 2:04:06
・ Direct Download (71.1MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
18:22 – Doshin the Giant
26:26 – E3: Nintendo Games
1:07:04 – E3: Xbox Games
1:27:48 – E3: PlayStation Games
2:01:50 – Closing Comments

Daffy Duck

Man, I came here expecting a game where you play a man hole cover in a busy sprawling urban metropolis.

I am disappointed.

Kyoufu

That Housemarque game is called Nex Machina, Mark! Looks dope.

I agree with JJ about E3 being mostly unspectacular but Monster Hunter World was all I needed for E3 to deliver.

PillarEN

Doshin the Giant, eh? The director was somewhat recently interviewed on the YouTube channel Toco Taco (sp?). It was neat.

I chuckled how Xbox talk time is half of the time given to Nintendo and Sony.

Hope it's a good fun listen this week.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The rumor about Metroid that's being going around for a while is that Tango Gameworks and Shinji Mikami were asked to pitch a 3D Metroid game for Switch, so maybe they're the ones working on Prime 4... they confirmed Mikami's not directing Evil Within 2, after all.

The Giant

Banned
The rumor about Metroid that's being going around for a while is that Tango Gameworks and Shinji Mikami were asked to pitch a 3D Metroid game for Switch, so maybe they're the ones working on Prime 4... they confirmed Mikami's not directing Evil Within 2, after all.

What? this is the first time i've heard this rumour.

Jintor

Vanquoid

you know i don't even care how remotely unrealistic this is, i want to believe

seady

Holy shit if true. They are probably the best people to inject some fresh ideas into a Metroid Prime game.

TheMoon

What on earth are you on? Where has that "been going around for a while?" Certainly not here. Never heard anyone even JOKE about this like they do with PG making it.

What on earth are you on? Where has that "been going around for a while?" Certainly not here. Never heard anyone even JOKE about this like they do with PG making it.

Fake news, lol. Literally the only mentions on google for Mikami Metroid are on neogaf.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Yeah, I must be lying.

Nintendo said this is a "new" team so it stands to reason that the developers are a company that never produced something before. It doesn't mean "a new [to us] team [that is Tango]"

TheMoon

Nintendo said this is a "new" team so it stands to reason that the developers are a company that never produced something before. It doesn't mean "a new [to us] team [that is Tango]"

It might very well mean just that. This isn't as clean cut as you think it is. It doesn't even have to mean that the team is one they haven't worked with before. It could just as well mean it's a team that hasn't worked on Metroid Prime before.

namabiiru

Dude what is that outro song? It sounds like Geinoh Yamashirogumi and Shugo Tokumaru and I need it in my iTunes yesterday.

Squire

Banned

Huh. Would Beth let them use IdTech 6 for this? They'd be lending out the studio as it is. I wonder.

The best part of the episode was John explaining the Doom VFR title and JJ's response. I laughed out loud at that.

Gah damn it. That tease/non-tease. I'm guessing they're working on one of the From Software games.

I KNOW! I'm playing Nier Automata right now and their work on it really elevates the game to a whole new level. The idea of 8-4 and From is too much for me to handle.

I'm sure it's mostly done in jest but sometimes the Europe bashing rubs me the wrong way, must admit. It's really sneering and elitist at times.

Great E3 podcast though!

Top Bottom