• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV May 24 update adds survey to title screen regarding future updates

Toth

It's impossible for any FFXV thread on GAF to not immediately devolve into meaningless shitposting.

It was (is?) the same as FFXIII threads back in the day. I predicted it would happen but oh I hoped so much to be wrong....

On topic, I plan to request more lore.

_Ryo_

The way SE seem to treat XV as if it were an MMO with weird updates and time based one time only events is just Wrong.. I'll probably never play it, it's so disappointing. :/

I was gonna jump on this game on the sale that's currently ongoing on EU PSN.

But I thought it better to wait for the E3 sale coupled with the Spend 100$ and get 15$ promo that the US PSN is gonna be doing.

Is it really worth waiting for the game to get more updates before I get into it? I gotta say the game seems like a lot of fun and they've certainly seemed to have added and fixed a hefty amount of stuff since it's original release.

Plus, that music

I was gonna jump on this game on the sale that's currently ongoing on EU PSN.

But I thought it better to wait for the E3 sale coupled with the Spend 100$ and get 15$ promo that the US PSN is gonna be doing.

Is it really worth waiting for the game to get more updates before I get into it? I gotta say the game seems like a lot of fun and they've certainly seemed to have added and fixed a hefty amount of stuff since it's original release.
Bah jump in have a good time. Combat is fun ,story is whatever I liked it not gonna pretend that's a popular thing tho they dropped the ball. Main characters are a good time,some sides are good some aren't. They can't fix the story tho so jump in

Yes the music is fantastic

O and great villain

I saw this was on sale yesterday and considered picking it up since it's been six months and the story stuff seems far off. Then I saw this and.. nope!

If you follow gaf for every single opinion and hop on hype trains, you would miss several good games such as doom and Nier automata.

And the story changes you're expecting it won't be fixed that dream is dead.

LordKasual

Banned
If you follow gaf for every single opinion and hop on hype trains, you would miss several good games such as doom and Nier automata.

you know after Nier, i think GAF has completely lost its cred for requesting games for me

was not expecting this place to shit on Nier with the way that game plays

you know after Nier, i think GAF has completely lost its cred for requesting games for me

To be fair, the game has several issues such as performance and combat. But overlooking such aspects is well hard for some.

JayEH

I just want aranea and iris available as party members and a chapter select.

Should be getting news on the prompto dlc soon I hope.

Can you really consider all of this new content? The game was released as an unfinished product and this is mainly evident in the story. This isn't updating the game post release with new content. This is them trying to finish the game to the best of their ability.
I consider my first time playing FFXV to be a finished experience, so yea I consider this new content.

hemo memo

Gold Member

Join us my friend in the club. You missed us becuase we're quite here. Nier is great.

Reset

Is it safe to buy the game and finish it without having them make any updates to the story?

Yeah. If you play through it now, you should be able to understand what's going on. The story isn't incomplete lol. You just kinda need to watch the movie to understand what's going on in the first chapter, the movie sets up the game.
And the best part of the game is its combat system, it's up there in terms of fun action rpgs.

Damn it. FF XIV set a bad precedent for them. They've released the game and now they want to spend the next year or two trying to make it good. Not how games should be developed.

It's kind of embarrassing how many people here either a) don't understand basic game development or b) they do and decided to troll the thread with nonsense instead.

These updates have absolutely zero impact on FFXVI. None. It it a very small team of people doing this and they would not magically be working on some new long-awaited game otherwise.

XV is a very popular game that far more people like than dislike. If you don't like it, that's fine. But get the hell over it. It doesn't impact you that these updates exist.

Well, considering your opinion that the game is "shit" is actually that of a very small minority of people, that's probably why.

It's perfectly reasonable to be pissed at SE at how they handled this game. Maybe if they would have properly developed the game in the first place we would have liked it. Also, it's pretty ironic that you pan people for being ignorant on game development and somehow act like what is happening here is normal. I would also say the game is probably panned more than praised but it's hard to offer definitive evidence either way.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah no, I dont really think so anymore. Also see my other posts. And see the other posts. But I also posted what I would want in the survey so there is that.

Yes, random shitposts in a GAF thread is clearly proof that more people dislike XV than like it.

Nice bubble you're in there.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I see a lot of praise for FFXV's combat and while I think teh core foundation for the system is excellent and great, it lacks depth and is not that great. And no, adding the air attack node on the Ascension system doesn't make the combat more involved or complicated. The game is very basic and hollow.

Mendrox

Yes, random shitposts in a GAF thread is clearly proof that more people dislike XV than like it.

Nice bubble you're in there.

Yeah okay let me live in my internet bubble of 81 review, 7,6 user critic (GameFAQS wont be counted of course!), the daily reddit threads on the ff subreddit where people are disappointed, my friends whom i sold the game to by word by mouth who none of them finished it, the daily NeoGAF shitposts, the newer Amazon reviews, my german forums Multimediaxis where people even dont post about the game anymore which is the FF German community from back then

My bubble is cool what about yours? What do you like about the game? You dont even tell me. I wanted to like it at the end but reflected about it and found the faults astonshing. It is in no way a shit game, but a disappointing Final Fantasy. Let us end this here. I know people like the game and I am glad many bought it so we maybe get a good one in the future.

And the story changes you're expecting it won't be fixed that dream is dead.

I just have a thing for playing finished games. I don't mind waiting - hype trains don't get to me anymore cause I already have more games to play than time to play them.

Yeah okay let me live in my internet bubble of 81 review, 7,6 user critic (GameFAQS wont be counted of course!), the daily reddit threads on the ff subreddit where people are disappointed, my friends whom i sold the game to by word by mouth who none of them finished it, the daily NeoGAF shitposts, the newer Amazon reviews, my german forums Multimediaxis where people even dont post about the game anymore which is the FF German community from back then

My bubble is cool what about yours? What do you like about the game? You dont even tell me. I wanted to like it at the end but reflected about it and found the faults astonshing. It is in no way a shit game, but a disappointing Final Fantasy. Let us end this here. I know people like the game and I am glad many bought it so we maybe get a good one in the future.

Not to mention SE themselves think it's lacking enough to have to patch in essential game elements.

ZeoVGM

Banned
My goodness, to try and tell yourself that more people dislike XV than like it with the logic of "it has an 81 on Metacritic and some people on internet forums trolled threads" is pure delusion.

This game constantly going on sale at BB. I have a $5 voucher that's about to expire. As someone who loves the KH series combat, y'all think it's worth a play through for the cheap?? Thanks

Canucked

More hunts. That's it. Maybe some simple background lore. the story is so choppy I'd rather just hunt monsters.

FFXIIZodiac Age can't come soon enough.

Mediking

Anybody who was even on FFXV GAF's hype train BEFORE the game released knows the truth.

Then there a drastic shift soon after launch when most of us beat it and was like, "Wait....."

I really did defend this game when I beat it near launch. I thought it was a magical suicide mission ride. Lmao but then it hit me that too many issues was glaring. For every one good thing, there are 5 bad things.

My goodness, to try and tell yourself that more people dislike XV than like it with the logic of "it has an 81 on Metacritic and some people on internet forums trolled threads" is pure delusion.

You are defending a game that the developer themselves know is incomplete and severely lacking. This kind of practice shouldn't be defended by gamers.

Ri'Orius

Have they changed that one chapter some people really hated? I remember hearing I should put of my playthrough until that came down the pipe...

LordKasual

Banned
the daily reddit threads on the ff subreddit where people are disappointed, my friends whom i sold the game to by word by mouth who none of them finished it, the daily NeoGAF shitposts, the newer Amazon reviews, my german forums Multimediaxis where people even dont post about the game anymore which is the FF German community from back then

3 forums (including GAF lol), Amazon comments and your buddies

that's not a bubble at all

My bubble is cool what about yours? What do you like about the game? You dont even tell me.

Oh please

FFXV updated! = "when r they gonna update shit gameplay??"

FFXV to add free content = "when r dey gonna add the story"

Patch adds cutscenes, improves chapters = "omfg wish they'd give up already"

DLC for the game drops on X date = "early access game so shit even devs know its shit so shit"

FFXV breaks sales record for series = (actually these threads die off pretty fast because people have less ground to shitpost)

FFXV director talks about future of series = "Tabata is shit pls fire whens Nomura"

You can't discuss specific flaws of the combat because the "whole system is shit". You can't discuss specific flaws of the story because "the whole story is shit". You can't even praise the visuals because an optional mode has frame pacing issues (and the game "actually looks like shit.")

It's futile to actually try to discuss XV in a rational manner because people only walk in the threads to shovel salt all over the damn place.

There's never a discussion taking place in these threads. Just the same few shitposters having a field day and people who'd actually like to discuss the game wasting time refuting their nonsense.

FF7 and KH3 aren't coming out any time soon which is why they want to extend the longevity of this game as much as possible. It's a tactic. They're trying to also increase the LTD sales for the product so it's guised as a success.

See? Like this shit

In what world was FFXV not a success?

The whole reason the game is getting extensive DLC is because it performed better than they expected it to

Honestly id be fine if they just moved on and put the people on this to work on getting other big projects out sooner...like ff7 r and kh3. I enjoyed xv quite a bit, but after 105 hours and the platinum, im not going to play it
Again

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly id be fine if they just moved on and put the people on this to work on getting other big projects out sooner...like ff7 r and kh3

FF7 and KH3 aren't coming out any time soon which is why they want to extend the longevity of this game as much as possible. It's a tactic. They're trying to also increase the LTD sales for the product so it's guised as a success.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I left off around chapter 10, but it blew mind how many podcasts and journos were giving this game such a free pass even amidst their own self-admittance of the severity of problems on display. It really felt like most were struggling to find justification with the most tepid praise due to some stalwart need to see a mainline success beyond the MMO.

"Everything built for players to do turned out garbage, but I loved Prompto's photos! You really get a sense of comraderie despite all these unexplained story beats! I can't explain it, but I really enjoyed the game despite its issues!"

ZeoVGM

Banned
You are defending a game that the developer themselves know is incomplete and severely lacking. This kind of practice shouldn't be defended by gamers.

No, I'm not. I've actually posted numerous negative things about the game in previous threads.

But the game is complete. They are adding random free content here and there along with the DLC but the main game is done. "When are they going to add the story LOL!!" is not valid criticism. It is trolling.

... Huh?

barybll

Banned

Not like there is evidence that the dislikes are minority either

If you mention sales I can just counter with No Man's Sky

silva1991

I honestly think you guys are waiting for nothing. The idea that "it's going to be a complete and perfect game eventually!" is just marketing hope that I don't see coming together at this point.

It's going to be the same flawed game with a few DLC-ish additions patched into it. You can play it now or you can play it later with some extra junk sprinkled on top. There will be no perfect XV worth waiting for.

I know a persona who played the game, but still haven't finished because he is waiting for it to be complete....

At this point I don't think he'll finish it lol.

Not like there is evidence that the dislikes are minority either

If you mention sales I can just counter with No Man's Sky
So what do we mention than? The fact it sold well will get written off, its meta will get written off, hell its #6 on this very sites goty. What's the metric

Toth

Lemme rephrase. the largest financial success for FF in history and a mega blockbuster hit that sold dozens of millions.

Nothing will probably come close to FFXI in that regard.

If you want to get real technical, they have been updating the game regularly because a) it is part of a new business model to extend the life of big budget games, b) they want the game to get better so that the people who did not buy at launch will be more tempted to in the near future and c) an improved or new FFXV experience thanks to these updates means more people come back for the mulitplayer / expansion, generating far better profits.

We know that FFXV was a success already.
Nah, it's a failure and SE is desperate to get more sales out of it hence they are releasing post-launch updates for it and keeping it supported even though they are also committed to the DLC.

Anybody who was even on FFXV GAF's hype train BEFORE the game released knows the truth.

Then there a drastic shift soon after launch when most of us beat it and was like, "Wait....."

I really did defend this game when I beat it near launch. I thought it was a magical suicide mission ride. Lmao but then it hit me that too many issues was glaring. For every one good thing, there are 5 bad things.
Every FF that I have played has its own share of flaws and despite that, I have loved them. FFXV is no different here, to me atleast. There is no perfect FF that everyone universally loves and praises aside from, maybe, FFVI. But that was a product of time when SE released games like Chrono Trigger. It also had all the big names behind it from Ito, Kitase, Nomura to Sakaguchi.

Top Bottom