• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Cautiously optimistic. TW1+2 didn't need to be open-world to be great games, and I could see a lot of things being sacrificed for it.

Oh my God, I will be so happy if Ciri is playing a big role in The Witcher 3. =D Great cover art, though. Can't wait for tomorrow's conference.

CDP if you sacrifice gameplay for empty space just so you can brag you got a world "20% bigger" than Skyrim I will lose all respect I had for you. If you truly did make a world that big it better be fun to play in.

zkylon

zkylewd
He looks old, I don't like the beard.

That's probably not even a girl on the horse next to him, lame.

Wild Hunt is a terrible name.

Where are all the women at?

Comparisons to Skyrim?

RIP in peace Witcher series.
Pachter would be proud

Unfortunately, no.

Nope. No scans outside of covers, ads, teaser pages, and tables of contents.

Sounds good except the console stuff. The world size is a little worrisome too as it's already hinting that it will fall into standard open world design of "fuck we made it too big. Uhh...throw some random shit on the map to make it look not as empty".

Yea I guess we'll have to wait and see. They're a different sort of developer. Even with the restrictions of the land sizes in W2, it felt bigger than it was, ya know? It seems they may have the capacity to do it right.

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

I'll be back with more.

Is it ok to post the screens from the mag, mods?

Tsmifvz.gif

Sandfox

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

No chapters/acts
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

I'll be back with more.

This sounds like it could either be pretty good or pretty meh.

Riposte

I'm pretty sure once they release a trailer on the level of those ones for The Witcher 2 I'll get too hyped.

No chapters/acts
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in

Hnnnnnngggggg. Straigh into my veins. I feel sorry for whatever games come out the year this is released, because this all I will be playing. Also, if my PC starts to show its age when this is released, whichever next-gen console has the better version just shot up to day one purchase for me. This is the kind of game I'll buy a new console for, assuming they are more powerful than my current PC.

Camp Lo

Banned
Those details my goodness. No chapters, 20% bigger than skyrim with all those fucking creatures. Please launch this year!

Just read he has no alliance too!!! Omfg

OMG the details. The trailer is going to be MARVELOUS!
I knew they were going to bring yeneffer, but I had only a glimmer of hope we would see Ciri... AND BAM! The girl in the horse is possibly her and and she will be a very important part of the game.
Thank you based CDProject

as many have said... geralt with beard? GOTY inc :p

Female Witcher? interesting. I wonder if she will be playable. My guess is probably not, but that would be interesting.

Its probably Ciri, so not fucking this time.
is his "adopted" daughter

Darkkn

Gonna make a bold prediction: The Witcher 3 is gonna shit all over Dragon Age 3. First infos sound amazing.
Hopefully the game is not too far out. In-game trailer would be nice to see soon.

No chapters/acts

I'll be back with more.

so it's open world? hmm. idk.

I'm okay with sexy mini games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sounds good except the console stuff. The world size is a little worrisome too as it's already hinting that it will fall into standard open world design of "fuck we made it too big. Uhh...throw some random shit on the map to make it look not as empty".

Why would it be a bad thing that it's hitting next gen consoles early in their lifetime? It certainly won't hold the game back.

The thing I'm most excited about is what they do to their towns/world approach. The step from 1 to 2 was incredible, and I can only hope they take another full step forward with it all.

Riding a horse... Going to be so great. I hope Roach is there. : D

i-Lo

No chapters/acts

I'll be back with more.

1. Can someone care to estimate the world size of TW1 vs TW2 vs Skyrim?

2. Does this mean no "Fast Travel" between two locations?

I have high hopes for this game because CDPR promises that it can tie a great tightly knit story (I would assume something akin to TW2) with a world that is much bigger which has its caveat pertaining to losing interest. It happened to me in GTAIV and Skyrim. And before the end, you have pretty much seen every thing (like enemy types etc) before the end.

Read a summary of the first game on Wikipedia or something. It really helps to know what happened, Geralt's place in the world, and who Triss is.

Aye, thank you.

Riposte

Gonna make a bold prediction: The Witcher 3 is gonna shit all over Dragon Age 3. First infos sound amazing.
Hopefully the game is not too far out. In-game trailer would be nice to see soon.

Hmmm... yep. This is going to be the comparison that we'll see a lot of, along the lines of Dark Souls vs Skyrim.

Hypron

I hope the world actually contains stuff instead of just empty space like Skyrim. I hope they don't reuse assets too much, because that's one of the things I loved about TW2, every location looked like it had been designed from the ground up, as opposed to locations in an Elder Scrolls game for example, where you can clearly see they just assembled the same walls, tables, stones you've already seen in 100 different places before.

Still really hyped though, but I'm a bit worried.

We need a trailer!

BraXzy

The details sound frikkin' awesome! 20% bigger than Skyrim's world? As long as it is filled with interesting, unique areas couldn't ask for more.

On the topic of the cover itself, I really like the art piece.

The horses in the foreground grab your eye, following their 'movement' with your eyes leads you to the destruction and chaos below in the village. The plumes of smoke lead up towards a mysterious winding path leading into eerie mountains, then the distant light catches your eye to the right and the gap of light leading down returns you to the focus of the piece.

Complistic

If there's any dev that can pull off a world that size, and still keep it fun without sacrificing story telling it's these guys.

ezekial45

Banned
Is this a true open world game? As in one giant seamless world? I know they said bigger than Skyrim, but that doesn't mean it isn't in sectioned out.

Nairume

Banned
i know. i read the books, just wondering if that girl on the cover is yennefer.
Nah, it's definitely going to be Ciri.

Of course, if Geralt has his memories back, there's no way Yennifer isn't going to be involved, even if she doesn't have her memories back either.

Folstern

There couldn't be a more perfect character to fit into an open world setting than Geralt of Rivia. I upgraded my rig for the Witcher 2 and it looks like I'll be doing the same for the Witcher 3. Please uproot Bethesda from their throne.

Alxjn

i know. i read the books, just wondering if that girl on the cover is yennefer.

Probably not. The girl on horseback looks like she has blonde hair. Yennefer's hair is black, if I'm recalling correctly.

Ciri is my guess.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
He's still got the same sword, when's he gonna get a new one?

When is Geralt gonna change his clothes and get new armor?

That cover looks like Mexico from RDR, I don't like this.

Horses are such a cop out, give us some imaginative travel system.

His beard still looks bad.

Why are his thighs so big?

Where's Trish?

Where's the sex cards?

sigh

Mononoke

Banned
The details sound frikkin' awesome! 20% bigger than Skyrim's world? As long as it is filled with interesting, unique areas couldn't ask for more.

On the topic of the cover itself, I really like the art piece.

The horses in the foreground grab your eye, following their 'movement' with your eyes leads you to the destruction and chaos below in the village. The plumes of smoke lead up towards a mysterious winding path leading into eerie mountains, then the distant light catches your eye to the right and the gap of light leading down returns you to the focus of the piece.

Skyrim to me, was an absolute bore. I loved the world, and being able to explore it. But it really felt lacking in missions and things to do.

So I totally agree. I'm cool with the big world, just make use of it. Give us something to do.

UrbanRats

1. Can someone care to estimate the world size of TW1 vs TW2 vs Skyrim?

2. Does this mean no "Fast Travel" between two locations?

I have high hopes for this game because CDPR promises that it can tie a great tightly knit story (I would assume something akin to TW2) with a world that is much bigger which has its caveat pertaining to losing interest. It happened to me in GTAIV and Skyrim. And before the end, you have pretty much seen every thing (like enemy types etc) before the end.

Aye, thank you.

Nah, probably just an estimate to show the game world's size.

Top Bottom