• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

I think he means the series could have been super edgy just for the sake of being super edgy. I'm glad that it's relatively restrained considering how dark the premise is.

This

When I call something derp dark I'm talking about a series like Akame Ga Kill which tries to be mature/edgey but ends up being comically dumb.

Attack on Titan

I liked how they didn't have months of mindlessly hunting down Titans. The Titans have a finite population.

Looks like this is the endgame here. I give it 10-15 more chapters..

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Attack on Titan

I liked how they didn't have months of mindlessly hunting down Titans. The Titans have a finite population.

Looks like this is the endgame here. I give it 10-15 more chapters..

Oh shit, is it that close? If its winding down I might pick it back up again. I kind of tapered off the series awhile ago, but I keep hearing stuff that sounds vaguely cool. And nothing is cooler to me than a series with a proper ending!

Lain

Levius volumes 1-2
T6mc.jpg
U6mc.jpg

In a steampunk/cyberpunk world, people compete in mechanical boxing.
Levius is a young boy who lost a lot during the war. Now living with his uncle and grandma while taking care of his comatose mother, he starts competing in mechanical boxing, mostly because of a dream he had, a dream in which he was in the arena, fighting and his mother was there cheering for him. Believing that the dream was a kind of prophecy, hoping to see his mom become healthy again, he takes on the deadly sport which pits people who have had mechanical upgrades added to their bodies.

I'm two volumes in (with 1 left before it ends and the story moves to Levius/est) and I've liked this quite a lot. It feels more of a moment to moment story, where much is conveyed through the art (which I quite like by the way, especialyl the color pages).
I'm not sure if it could be called a great work but there is something in it that really clicks with me. The relationship between the uncle and Levius is both cool and awkward, there is that feeling of two people who are family because of blood but that haven't really spent time together and yet the family bond is there.
The Steampunk background isn't expanded on too much, which is too bad.

Oh shit, is it that close? If its winding down I might pick it back up again. I kind of tapered off the series awhile ago, but I keep hearing stuff that sounds vaguely cool. And nothing is cooler to me than a series with a proper ending!

We really have no idea how long the battle with the main land will go

U19 (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Black Clover
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Sesuji wo Pin! to (End)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Spring Weapon Number One
Ole Golazo
Demon's Plan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 12:
Cover, Lead CP: Poro no Ryuugaku-ki (New Series)
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Kimetsu no Yaiba, U19

Moaradin

Black Clover
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Sesuji wo Pin! to (End)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Spring Weapon Number One
Ole Golazo
Demon's Plan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 12:

Is that the highest ranking Neverland got?

Also, why did MHA drop so much? Haven't ever seen it that low.

Is that the highest ranking Neverland got?

Also, why did MHA drop so much? Haven't ever seen it drop that much.

Its top 5 and ues Neverland has been number 3 before. Honestly the top 7-8 are all fine MHA was not in the top 5 back in December once its no big deal.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Honestly, I think you guys take the "rankings" a little too at face value. Sure, in front of the magazine is probably good and moving too quickly to the back is probably bad, but I don't think being in the third spot or anything means third place.

cntr

Banned
Yeah uh, fifth place isn't what I'd call a huge drop, especially with the way Jump rankings work

edit: More importantly, that's the first really high rating Shokugeki's gotten since that slump, right?

shokugeki no soma 201

Nice to see a little Takumi training montage. Though I guess he needed it as he was kinda falling a bit behind everyone else for being a main character.

Also, looks like Erina and Soma are ready to work as a team, now we just need to get Jouichirou on board.

Black Clover
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Sesuji wo Pin! to (End)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Spring Weapon Number One
Ole Golazo
Demon's Plan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 12:

Black Clover above One Piece
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Wonders whats happening in BC now

Numb

Every new Korean manga is a H-manga huh -_-

Saiki Kusuo no Sainan 1-88

Usually not a fan of gag manga but this one was pretty funny.
MC with several powers and his daily life about how he struggles and deals with these powers that should make his life easier but don't.
Usually chapters dealing with the flaw that each one has, example how being able to read minds has ruined connecting with other humans or any sort of romantic relationship expressed in the most cynical way. Pretty hilarious how he can never be surprised or have any meaningful event thus giving him this condescending expression that never changes. I may be enjoying his suffering alittle bit.
And that's just 1 power

Everyone knows To Love Ru is just a ripoff of Rosario +. Don't listen to facts or evidence, search your feelings for what you know to be true.

cntr

Banned
T-Love-Ru to be replaced by a battle shounen tv series animated by Trigger, where Rito has to kill all the aliens trying to bone him

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch499

Carol sure has become inseparable from Misuzu.

A4Hwgzk.jpg

I just found Lele's new avatar!

Iinazuke Kyoutei ch35

Family is always meddlesome.

dani_dc

Prison School 241

The arc is finally over, about time.
Probably works better on binge reading, but it did stretch towards the end.

Wonder what's the next place to go, I suppose we'll be told why the Chairman was put on jail at some point soon. Hopefully get some nice Hana victory soon too.

vareon

Black Clover
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Sesuji wo Pin! to (End)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Spring Weapon Number One
Ole Golazo
Demon's Plan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 12:

Oooookay who said Sesuji wo Pin won't end >:[

Oh well, it was a fun ride. I hope it ends nicely.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch499

Carol sure has become inseparable from Misuzu.

A4Hwgzk.jpg

I just found Lele's new avatar!

You should hang out in the MangaGAF chat more, I have cropped the same exact image tonight in there to show how great she was... you would have had shared the enthusiasm!

Top Bottom