• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fan Powered Flight" - You asked for it! (Mystery website and countdown)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
At the moment PSM games can not have trophies and can not be played on the PS3.

A proper PSN release can have both, and will also have greater access to the Vita's power which is more cut off from PSM games.

At this time we have no idea if this will be a PSN release or just another PSM release with new bits on.

Making it for PSN doesn't mean it has to be 3D...? Minis have a file size restriction so above all, making a full PSN version would allow them to do as much as they want and make as much game as they want without having to worry about that kind of thing. Then there are also added benefits like PSN integration meaning there can be leaderboards (which is something a lot of people wanted in Velocity)

Wait, they can do ps3 games too? :O

I think it would be a 3d game because a psn psm level game or a velocity with leaderboard and trophies would not be that big to deserve a count down imo.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I think it would be a 3d game because a psn psm level game or a velocity with leaderboard and trophies would not be that big to deserve a count down imo.
Oh it would be big enough for the Fans who were asking for it ;)

Carl

Futurlab are always teasing stuff :) I'm sure it would be big enough for them

T - 14 minutes.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
1sm184runhappy.gif

Toma

Timer ran out, nothing happened.

Toma

A teaser video that pretty much shows nothing, lol. Guess its going to be announced in 28 days? An announcement of an announcement!

Carl

Countdown to a countdown! FuturLab have gone all Kojima on us! :p

Damn, my name wasn't in the trailer.

Hanmik

what is that image that is showing up in the background..? (the scan-line shows an image with text at the bottom..)

Toma

Countdown to a countdown! FuturLab have gone all Kojima on us! :p

Damn, my name wasn't in the trailer.

Dont worry, it will be in the game.
On the highscore ranking

Toma

Hell no! Haha. It's a great game but i'd be nowhere near the top of the leaderboard ;)

No one said anything about you being on the TOP of the leaderboards, but you'll still be able to see your name ingame :p

recurv

Neo Member
So guys and gals.

Thanks for your support with Velocity. It made the process of getting our new projects signed up just that little bit easier :)

I hope that teaser wasn't too disappointing for you, because our dreams are basically coming true on this now - we're hiring some amazing people, and we'll be announcing some great news along those lines first thing in January.

As for some detail on the project, we're updating Velocity for PS Vita with a much more modern art style. The shot in the video that is being pieced together is the benchmark image, not in-game screenshot (for that you'll have to wait til January 11th), but we're on target to deliver very near that level of quality if not bang on, and in some areas significantly better.

Can't wait for you to play it :)

Thanks again,

James

So guys and gals.

Thanks for your support with Velocity. It made the process of getting our new projects signed up just that little bit easier :)

I hope that teaser wasn't too disappointing for you, because our dreams are basically coming true on this now - we're hiring some amazing people, and we'll be announcing some great news along those lines first thing in January.

As for some detail on the project, we're updating Velocity for PS Vita with a much more modern art style. The shot in the video that is being pieced together is the benchmark image, not in-game screenshot (for that you'll have to wait til January 11th), but we're on target to deliver very near that level of quality if not bang on, and in some areas significantly better.

Thanks again,

James

Welp. Day one. I love me some Vita support; this is it!

Toma

So guys and gals.

Thanks again,

James

That sounds great! Looking forward to january then :) (Surge is too good a game to be forgotten on PSM btw)

wouwie

Damn, that was an anti-climax. Not a fan of this sort of announcement of an announcement... Also, a 27 day timer countdown...

Good news though about the game. It deserves a proper version. Is this going to be the same game with better graphics or is it going to be some kind of Velocity 2 with new levels and gameplay mechanics? I'm buying it either way but i'm hoping we'll have lots of new levels.

The target screenshot looks great either way.

DBT85

So guys and gals.

Thanks again,

James

Really please to hear all this James. How much better did Velocity do than your internal expectations? Even if it's just a percentage it would be cool to know.

Are you able to confirm or deny some 960x544 resolution with a little AA gameplay for this new game??

You just wrote that to become a tagline in the next trailer, didn't you? :p

lol.

DBT85

What does AA gameplay mean? :)

It's native 960x544 with a more modern art style. Still 2D.

Ah sorry, I meant some AA to reduce jaggies.

Native is good :) We like Native.

Will this be your first full fledged Vita title/PSN title? Would you be able to get an article up on your website to talk about the differences in working with PSM and PSN games, the access you get to the hardware that you don't on PSM, the assistance from Sony etc?

All this stuff is interesting to read about and we so very rarely get to hear about any of it.

recurv

Neo Member
Hey!

Tis our first full PSN title yeah, got a lot to learn on PSN integration etc!

Good idea about the article, at some point we will publish an article about the differences between PSM, PSN and PS Minis on our site, once we know what the ins and outs are!

If you subscribe to our site (subscribe field and button at the bottom left in the footer), you'll catch it when it comes :)

http://www.futurlab.co.uk

Cheers,

James

DBT85

I'll keep an eye out.

Can I also say that I hope the stages are similarly named? I somehow missed them before but playing through again now I've spotted all the Farscape ones as well as a few others. Man I love that show.

Who is the Farscape nut on your team?

wouwie

6 more days to go! After that ridiculously long countdown, it's time to get excited, i guess :)
Futurlab seems to be hiring quite a few people lately.

Anyway, hope we are going to get some screenshots/trailer/video/info this time :)

Top Bottom