• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Not

Banned
Remake of Metroid 2. Never played Metroid 2!

My last 3DS game probably. Gotta dig it out! What's the release date?????

Prime 4 and a new 2D Metroid game? Well, guess the Metroid fans don't need to worry anymore.

F-Zero when?

edit: Yo, MGR parries!?

Rymuth

Nintendo going full steam on that Metroid revival.

Looking forward to the string of Wario games announced next year. It'll happen, people!

border

Polygonal graphics on the 3DS :(

I wish they had just done sprites instead, this doesn't look or move quite right.

Realeza

Banned
Well this is gonna piss off some folks.

You thought the outrage over Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was bad? Wait until this shitstorm start brewing.

I fucking LOVE surprise Treehouse Live announcements. Last year Rhythm Heaven Megamix was my announcement of the show.

That's why they announced Prime 4 so people shut the fuck up.

Neoxon

WHY WAS THIS NOT IN THE SPOTLIGHT?
The Spotlight was only for Switch news. Speaking of, I agree that this should be 3DS/Switch.

All the same, I'm more than down for more 2D Metroid. I'm glad to see that Nintendo's bringing the franchise back in a big way.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's cool to have suddenly 2 Metroids at E3.

I guess that the Switch announcement without and footage was to preemptive riots.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Mercury Steam? 3DS? I'm sorry, but this is the opposite of what I want. I'll give it a chance, but frankly, I don't have much faith in this.

Intel_89

I have no faith in Mercurysteam after Castlevania MoF, expect a reimagine of Metroid II in the most linear way possible.

Ridley327

Well, this is a pretty solid reason as to why AM2R got taken down.

From what was seen in the trailer, it seems like it's incorporating the finishers from Other M, but with a lot more direct control for the player so it doesn't feel nearly as automatic. Really solid showing, I must say!

kunonabi

Mercury Steam has developer is highly concerning. Hopefully, Nintendo can guide them properly because this game is a dream of mine.

I have no faith in Mercurysteam after Castlevania MoF, expect a reimagine of Metroid II in the most linear way possible.

To be fair Nintendo has been pushing linear Metroid for awhile especially with Zero Mission, Fusion, and Other M and Metroid II was always more linear than the original and Super to begin with.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I loved Lords of Shadow 1, but even I am annoyed at Mercury Steam...

Mirror of Fate was garbage.

CDX

I'm not watching the stream.

Is this going to be like what Metroid Zero Mission was but for Metroid II?

Top Bottom