• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Manu

Any ETA on when this drops?

It's up now, at least on console.

19510207_10213656205709363_36559308166238140_n.jpg

Already made a character and all.

Wunkerful

Neo Member
I'm sitting this one out. Played D3 into the ground and I'd just like a new game at this point. A new flavor ain't bringing me back.

nubbe

If mostly solo I would go console since controller feels better
If mostly multiplayer I would go PC since consoles are hacked

Arttemis

The PS4 bundled version is on sale but people who already invested in the game don't get even a single penny off the cost of the DLC. I'll be waiting until holiday time, I guess.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I think that part of it had to do with Seasons coming to consoles. It's less a matter of "can't hack the consoles now" and more "can't bring hacked items from the old gen consoles into seasons".

Interesting. So if you play Seasons everything should be cleaner now? Appreciate the response by the way, seems the thread is too busy arguing over the price to help anyone ;)

Interesting. So if you play Seasons everything should be cleaner now? Appreciate the response by the way, seems the thread is too busy arguing over the price to help anyone ;)

That's my understanding, but I'm not 100% sure, so I'd defer to others if they had experience with public games during S10. I typically only ever play with a couple of friends and haven't spent a lot of time in public games on either PS4 or PC.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I really don't understand why they released the Necromancer pack a month before the new season starts.

The unusually long time between seasons says to me that they wanted to release it and handle any bugs or balance issues before season 11.

Yeah, but I figured that's what the beta was for.

That's assuming all your beta testers are in there to report bugs instead of finding things to take advantage of later to compete in seasons. There's a bit of both.

It's still worth having it live for a few weeks so that if there's anything relatively easy to find, it'll show up on the non-season leaderboards as people who don't play seasons figure things out.

Weevilone

The PS4 bundled version is on sale but people who already invested in the game don't get even a single penny off the cost of the DLC. I'll be waiting until holiday time, I guess.

There's really no difference. I don't recall seeing the full game (minus Necro) for less than $25 on sale. That pretty much equates to the $40.

Weevilone

Trying to think about how to get into this.

I was in the middle of a Hardcore run (zero death) when I tore ligaments in my thumb. That ended gaming for a long while.

I know if I jump back into that run I'll be dead in an instant.

cakely

Are the gamepad controls the way to go at this point? I've got the PS4 version of the game, but I'm not really sure what the actual differences are between PS4 and PC other than that they don't have crossplay.

The PC and console versions are really pretty different in how they control and how much you see on the screen. It's not as simple as flipping a toggle, both versions were designed from the ground up to take advantage of their controls.

I think both versions work really well, though I slightly prefer the gamepad controls. It makes the game feel like a souped-up "gauntlet".

There is no reason they cannot allow players on PC to remap to a gamepad. It would be harder than on console due to no evade and the other differences, but if people prefer gamepads why not make the option available.

PrimeBeef

Yeah, but I figured that's what the beta was for.
Beta/PTR rarely has the volume of players as live does. There are so many scenarios that never play out during testing. That is why there is always tweaking that goes on once something goes live regardless of testing.

iFirez

I know people who swear by the UI for Diablo 3 on consoles. I don't know, it just feels clunky and shoddy to me. You can totally tell it's a PC game that's been shoehorned to work on consoles. It's possible that's this is just because of my many many hours of D3 on PC and just how Swift the interface is on there.

Anyway, I'll pick up Necro on PC soon and maybe do a new Campaign or adventure play through before S11:

sh1fty

$19.99 CAD is a bit steep for what this is but I'll be getting it anyways. I'm the last one of my group of friends to still be periodically playing D3. It's great mindless fun and feels great on PS4.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wow the Necromancer seems very enjoyable. Good starting skills. Loving it.

that corpse explosion is addicting

another question people have hacked weapons so if i join in the season there won't be any of this new crap online also no paragan 50k crap etc ?
3 gem weapons etc

oh and is rifting free now ? why should i still do adventure?
should i still finish 100% run rifts after beating the rift boss ?
my gosh this game changed

Takuan

Fuck it, I'm in.

Can seasoned players give me an idea of what the path is to getting phat lewts? When I stopped playing, it was all about rifts. I imagine things have changed since.

Can anyone on console check if player 2 has necro access if p1 has purchased it? My wife wants to play a necro, but 30 bucks is a lot considering I'm also going to pick it up on PC

This is tempting.. I adore the necro (my favorite in D2), but not sure I'm down to just farm the same grifts with a new class.

Is it like three new tilesets total for them as well? A change of scenery might help.

13ruce

Banned
Can anyone on console check if player 2 has necro access if p1 has purchased it? My wife wants to play a necro, but 30 bucks is a lot considering I'm also going to pick it up on PC

If the dlc and both accounts is on the same system it should work only one account on a console has to own the dlc.
I play alot of games where i am the only one who owns the dlc with my sister and it works fine.

Would be strange if it does not also work for this game tbh cuz it also works with COD games and Blizzard and Activision are one nowadays.

So aslong as 1 account owns dlc it should be available for all accounts on your ps system.
If you are using 2 consoles 1 needs to be online at all times i think.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Diablo never ran right for me, it has always had stuttering no matter my frame rate or settings. I grabbed the PS4 version which didn't have the same issue.

Syf

Banned
Diablo never ran right for me, it has always had stuttering no matter my frame rate or settings. I grabbed the PS4 version which didn't have the same issue.
Not that it (probably) matters, but that might be fixed for you now because they released a 64-bit client with different graphics options. It fixed the stuttering for me on high-level rifts.

Argh, I couldn't resist after seeing gameplay. He was the only class I played in D2. Easily the most fun class to play now, but...the downside is it's really shit to play on a controller. Targeting is a must and controller targeting is way too inaccurate

How did they differentiate the Necro from the Witch Doctor? I'm seeing people reference corpse explosion as one of his moves. A WD can do that...

Have WDs been obsoleted?

Full disclosure: my main is a WD.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not that it (probably) matters, but that might be fixed for you now because they released a 64-bit client with different graphics options. It fixed the stuttering for me on high-level rifts.

I tried it and no dice, hopefully Diablo 4 won't have the same issue for me.

How did they differentiate the Necro from the Witch Doctor? I'm seeing people reference corpse explosion as one of his moves. A WD can do that...

Have WDs been obsoleted?

This was one of my concerns as well. WD covers a lot of Necro bases. Pets, diseases, etc.

In patch, new areas are free for everyone.

Cool! I'll at least hop in to check the sets out. If I like 'em I'll probably try the Necro out too.

Ayumi

So were you expecting this to be 5 dollars? 10 dollars? what's a realistic price for a character in a game like this? 15 for this is exactly what I was expecting and it's a fair price.
Uh, no? I actually predicted the price to be $14.99 months ago, because I know Blizzard and what they usually ask. I said I understand that some feel it's not fair (which is why I called it unfair), but personally I don't mind/care the price.

Either way this forth and back about the price is getting old so I'm gonna stop here.

Woorloog

Banned

Have WDs been obsoleted?

The Necro can command their pets unlike the WD. And other spells are rather different in style. From what i've seen, i figure they are reasonably different.
Also, gear does affect playstyles quite a bit so i reckon they will feel different with full sets if nothing else.

Top Bottom