• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

Warxard

Banned
http://news.xbox.com/2016/01/08/tun...finals/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It is a big week for Gears fans as we get ready to watch the top four professional Gears of War teams compete to be crowned the first-ever Gears of War Pro League Champions. The Season 1 Finals are taking place this Sunday, January 10, live at ESL Studios in Burbank, CA.

Congratulations to the finalists for making it this far. Denial, EnvyUs, VexX and Onslaught will all be duking it out for a $50,000 prize pool in front of a live studio audience. You can catch all of the action live on Twitch via the official Gears of War channel starting at 11:00 AM PST (2:00 PM EST) this Sunday.

Aside from watching all of the Gears carnage, there will also be a special panel during the broadcast stream with the Studio Head of Gears of War developer The Coalition, Rod Fergusson, and Lead Multiplayer Designer, Ryan Cleven. Whether you are a longtime Gears fan or new to the franchise, this is an event you are not going to want to miss.

To celebrate the event, Xbox is also giving away a custom Gears of War Xbox One for those who tune in. Visit aka.ms/gearsesportssweeps during the event for a chance to win, or head to the rules and regulations page for complete info. Check out the video above for a special sneak peek at the console.

Finally, for all the latest info on all things Gears eSports, make sure to stay tuned to gears.gg.

Rod and Ryan heading a broadcasted(?) panel that's suggested as something pretty big considering the context of the tournament. With this, and the recent OXM UK cover that's been shown around about Gears 4 it looks like it's about time to show off the game's MP.

Beta's still slated for Spring 16 too.

Praise be Gears

It has to be coming soon though, Beta is in Spring, early access if you play Gears UE on Xbox One before March 1st

There is also this:

Wasn't sure this deserved it's own thread so figured I'd just share it here.

Rod Fergusson and Ryan Cleven (Lead MP Designer) will be doing a panel during the Gears ESL finals on Sunday. The event starts at 11 AM PST although I'm sure when the panel starts as it just says "during the show."

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/watch-the-season-1-grand-finals-this-sunday-january-10

Also it seems like Gears 4 will be featured in the February issue of OXM.

NVBOvXW.png

Which is less than a week away.

Hmm. Feel like we would've heard something about a reveal already if this was the case - maybe a GI cover or something. But I suppose with a Spring date on the Beta, they'll have to show it off sooner or later.

Hmm. Feel like we would've heard something about a reveal already if this was the case - maybe a GI cover or something. But I suppose with a Spring date on the Beta, they'll have to show it off sooner or later.

Halo 5 had its GI cover after its beta so perhaps Gears will get the same or it will be done before the beta but after this stuff.

Rod will be cranking up the hype train a lot in the coming months, I bet we see a few covers and stuff go out

pizzacat

Banned
I want to see the characters being used, Paduk is the longest shot but I'll take him whenever

-don't bring gridlock back

-the speed of the game is perfect at a little bit below gears 3 just a tiny bit like 2-5%

- if the retro comes back, make its melee slower or lessen the damage, get hurt 2/3 of my health with a retro charge start up, stunned, and shot down by the nukes coming out of it

-find some other way to make money off dlc, maps need to be free, this is coming from someone who has bought all their dlcs

-the weapon box prize system in judgment should return

-the ammo pickup system in judgment should return.

-keep stopping power, leave it on lancer only, HB is powerful enough without it.

-bring back ink stun or give it a better radius

-don't bring back breechshot or markza, both are outdone by HB and sniper

Fuck yes didn't know about the gears cover until now. They can do whatever the fuck they want with the sp, just don't go and make all sorts of idiotic changes to the mp for the hell of it. The only drastic thing I want to see added to mp is being able to create my own gear or locust

educator

Its all about the community. The family traditions. The American family might have played Gears of War during 2008 but I don't know now. Is it safe to say? As I said I don't know. It boils down to the American community. Depending on wether they are ready or not. Ready for Felix and Marcus? It's all down to the community of said game really. I think so, but nobody knows for sure.

Zeta Oni

WOO BABY !

Really excited to see what The Coalition can bring to the table.

A new gears has been one thing no game has managed to replace my appetite for.

Oh man I played so much Gears 1 back in the day. I really hope they can bring back the magic and thrill in Gears 4.

I wonder if they will actually show any gameplay this weekend or maybe just talk about specific details.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
-don't bring gridlock back

Wait, what? Don't bring back one of the greatest maps (in all shooters IMO) back? Gridlock and Canals are GOAT Gears maps.

What's the problem with Gridlock?

I'd like Gears 4 multi to be as close to Gears 1 as possible. That means movement, speed and Gnasher strength.

Oh and no grenade wall tags for the love of God.

Warxard

Banned
Wait, what? Don't bring back one of the greatest maps (in all shooters IMO) back? Gridlock and Canals are GOAT Gears maps.

I'd like Gears 4 multi to be as close to Gears 1 as possible. That means movement, speed and Gnasher strength.

Gears 4 should be it's own thing while still following the traditional roots of the Series. Let Gears 1 be Gears 1.

It's been in too many games, fuel is superior.

Fuel Depot is better than Gridlock yeah.

Zeta Oni

Thats not how you spell Raven Down.

Warxard

Banned
People, people.

Gridlock, Clocktower, Raven Down, Canals, Fuel Depot -- all great maps.

You know what isn't a great map? Escalation.

From playing Gears UE a ton recently the only map I actually dislike is Bullet Marsh, its shitty. The rest of them are good to amazing. CliffyB did some damn good work

MouldyK

As a lover of H5's Warzone (Or as I call it...Reqzone 5), id love something like that, but in Gears.

- 20-Player COG vs COG matches.
- Randomised Locust (or whatever these new things are Waves which yield extra points. (can come through Emergence Holes).
- Buildings to Capture and hold.

That would be nice...along with Traditional Multiplayer of course for true fans.

Really hope Gears 4 is shown soon, cannot wait for the Beta. Aside from Competitive modes, I do hope Beast Mode returns from Judgement. It was an interesting Gametype and would like to see what more could be done with it.

People, people.

Gridlock, Clocktower, Raven Down, Canals, Fuel Depot -- all great maps.

You know what isn't a great map? Escalation.

of all the maps they chose to bring back...Escalation...Blood Drive...with Gears 3 rifles...lol

Although personally, I exclusively play KOTH, so A) it forces people to move around the map, B) matches generally never run that long, and C) it promotes getting in the ring and close quarters with the Gnasher. Also I always played in a group, so we never voted the bad maps in Ranked.

This also helped in me not giving much of a damn about how powerful the rifles were. The matches moved fast and lots of shotgun action happen.

As a lover of H5's Warzone (Or as I call it...Reqzone 5), id love something like that, but in Gears.

- Randomised Locust (or whatever these new things are Waves which yield extra points. (can come through Emergence Holes).

That would be nice...along with Traditional Multiplayer of course for true fans.

Keep that halo 5 shit out of my Gears.

Kordelle

No, first because COG vs COG is something I never want to see again
Also I dont want that they split the maps like Halo, Gears 3 was perfect with loads of maps which all were used by every mode.
I dont want a situation like Halo with obly 2 Warzone Maps and 4 Arena maps at launch.

Lets keep anything Halo far away from Gears.

iMax

Of course Gridlock will be there. It's a Gears staple at this point.

Looking to see what the new take on it will be. Underground in the Locust caverns? That could be cool.

Madness

"Everything changes again", would be very nice if that were true.

I think the era of console MP dominance is over, at least this gen. Multiplatforms are king. Just look at Gears Ultimate. Even as good as Gears 3 was, it plummeted like a rock in the XBL lists. Gears 2 really messed it up, just never recovered or even challenged CoD in non-Halo years.

Still will be day one, especially after the disaster Judgment was. That game came and went and hardly anyone knew or cared.

Top Bottom