• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

The Rock blu ray was pretty vanilla and straight to the point, no one even broke kayfabe lol, pretty disappointing compared to the others.

Please bring on an nWo or DX bluray.

Entropia

No One Remembers
61B2l.png

Oh. My. God.

Aiii

So not worth it
Clearly AJ is beating Nikki Bella on Smackdown or Extreme Rules for the title.

Hopefully accomponied by a nice Heel turn when she helps Bryan win his title back. (Sheamus is a lost cause, he can't get over thanks to Vince's treatment of his WM win)

Yay!

http://i.imgur.com/61B2l.png

Oh. My. God.

Oh wow. So he's either the most obvious plant ever, or the biggest Lesnar mark in the (WWE) Universe.

krae_man

I think there are just fans who are ridiculously dedicated about attending. I remember hearing that Sign Guy (guy with the red hat and blue shirt thats at loads of shows) built up a huge amount of debt by going to so many shows.

And the WWE made sure he got on Deal or no Deal.

They may be doing it Pro Bono, but they are still plants.

Last weeks episode of NXT was cool cause it had a WCW/NWO Revenge shoutout on it.

That was the perfect wrestling game for me and my friends during our wrestling fan pinnacle.

I still remember the day I got it, was so exciting. Back then we didn't have confirmed dates here so it was just 'maybe it'll come out, might be delayed etc'. So my family went out to the shops early on the supposed to be today date and OMG IT DID COME OUT. So f**king awesome, World Tour was fun but this..... THIS WAS THE FUN OF WORLD TOUR BUT WAY MORE AWESOME 'AUTHENTIC' as far as a game for English audiences go. Love love love love!

We were in wrestling paradise.

Last weeks episode of NXT was cool cause it had a WCW/NWO Revenge shoutout on it.

That was the perfect wrestling game for me and my friends during our wrestling fan pinnacle.

I still remember the day I got it, was so exciting. Back then we didn't have confirmed dates here so it was just 'maybe it'll come out, might be delayed etc'. So my family went out to the shops early on the supposed to be today date and OMG IT DID COME OUT. So f**king awesome, World Tour was fun but this..... THIS WAS THE FUN OF WORLD TOUR BUT WAY MORE AWESOME 'AUTHENTICNESS' as far as a game for English audiences go.

We were in wrestling paradise.

What did they say?

Also, No Mercy was the best. Wrestlemania 2000 was more technically sound, but the tweaks No Mercy go outweigh its technical flaws.

I remember in the old days me and my friend use to laugh at this weird looking guy who would ALWAYS be at WWF events. We'd rent a video and he'd always make an appearance in the crowd.

We called him 'one guy' cause he'd always be holding up one finger and cheering/smiling when the camera panned over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember in the old days me and my friend use to laugh at this weird looking guy who would ALWAYS be at WWF events. We'd rent a video and he'd always make an appearance in the crowd.

We called him 'one guy' cause he'd always be holding up one finger and cheering/smiling when the camera panned over.

Did he have a Bob Backlund shirt?

What did they say?

Also, No Mercy was the best. Wrestlemania 2000 was more technically sound, but the tweaks No Mercy go outweigh its technical flaws.

It was some guy on commentary, one of the new wrestlers I dunno his name sorry. Came out with Kaitlyn. He was something like "Mr Regal I'm a fan I always use to go you on WCW/NWO Revenge on the N64." and I'm like whoooo!

I remember 4 player chaos of fun, 2 of my friends who weren't really into wrestling would go Flair & Piper and their taunts were SO funny lol.

Yea No Mercy was glorious, it was really nice having them make WCW then WWF games so you had the best of both worlds eventually. I was so impressed when I heard 'real' entrance themes!!! Wow! :D

Only sad thing is I would always dream what future games could be like if they kept being awesome fun like this and improving....... sadly I'm still waiting. :( One of the biggest tragedies in gaming IMO.

Did he have a Bob Backlund shirt?

Can't remember, he sorta looked a little..... homeless lol.

A plant who gets his tickets paid for. Nobody who pays $10k for front row Wrestlemania tickets cheers and boos for who the WWE wants them to.

Not true. For one the travel package that year was only about $1500 to sit down there and that included hotel. These shirts would not have been worn by a plant because they were a whole little black market clique thing. I first saw the guys selling them at Houston and everyone thought they were so elite for having them. I'm pretty sure this guy was legit for the venom they were spewing the whole match. I was sitting around the other side of the bowl from them in Arizona. Some people just show up places. Trust me tons of the Anti-Cena faction people got the platinum travel package.

As far as red hat sign guy goes, he's a fan who did drop a lot of money but he does get comped seats from ref's now at a lot of shows. However, a lot of times those have him opposite camera from what I've seen.

Pretty sure Lesnar guy is a plant. Only thing going for him not being one is the fact that if he had enough money to be front row for Raw in Miami he could certainly afford it in Detroit. If he's a straight up plant I wonder what he does with them to already be on the road with them.

He was bald I think, tanned sorta skin. For some reason I'm picturing missing teeth and dirty singlets haha, not sure.

I'm 28 now, this was probably when we were like 10-11 or something. Can't believe its been so long. >_<

Im gonna be honest here

That Raw was shit
WWE really do not have their finger on the pulse..no suprises there

WTF was with the first contract signing......it made no sense at all and did not serve any purpose

Brocks promos are just as crap as they were 8 years ago he is only good when he has a mouthpiece like Paul Heyman or someone along those lines

Cena could of got many kudos if he simply jumped the table and chain whipped brock to death..instead we get stone cold cena who will probrably get spanked at ER

WTF @ kane and Paul Bearer...thinking we may see Taker sooner than later but i wont hold my hopes up

Brod Clay....do WWE even have a plan for him at all???? Ziggler should be a main eventer with the work he puts in but he seems to be leeched to a christian pre tna wanabee (Swagger)

The most entertaining part of that show was seeing which bella had the bigger camel toe

Why couldn't Lesnar plant guy just be part of the working crew that travels and they throw a dumbass camo shirt on him to do his thing? WWE thinks we're idiots,. Why should we put it above them to, not only be lazy about, but do it? I find that much more believable than the coincidence of being from Detroit, having gone to Wrestelmania, and this is his signature, a camo shirt. Like he's one of the ECW diehard ringside fans.

Black guy that hates Cena though, I can get behind that.

krae_man

Not true. For one the travel package that year was only about $1500 to sit down there and that included hotel. These shirts would not have been worn by a plant because they were a whole little black market clique thing. I first saw the guys selling them at Houston and everyone thought they were so elite for having them. I'm pretty sure this guy was legit for the venom they were spewing the whole match. I was sitting around the other side of the bowl from them in Arizona. Some people just show up places. Trust me tons of the Anti-Cena faction people got the platinum travel package.

As far as red hat sign guy goes, he's a fan who did drop a lot of money but he does get comped seats from ref's now at a lot of shows. However, a lot of times those have him opposite camera from what I've seen.

Pretty sure Lesnar guy is a plant. Only thing going for him not being one is the fact that if he had enough money to be front row for Raw in Miami he could certainly afford it in Detroit. If he's a straight up plant I wonder what he does with them to already be on the road with them.

The Travel packages for the first 4 rows for Wrestlemania were $3000, not $1500. Also I highly doubt anyone who bought those packages got Front Row tickets. WWE probably put almost all of them on TicketsNow or the ticketmaster "Premium ticket" thing for $10k each. The rest were probably reserved for plants, family of Wrestlers, maybe a contest or two etc.

ZeB20.jpg

We Hate Cena dudes are absolutely plants.

Crowd plants is the next step after piping in boos. WWE is on a course heading towards having all Raws and Smackdowns in a TV studio with the entire crowd being paid actors.

The Travel packages for the first 4 rows for Wrestlemania were $3000, not $1500. Also I highly doubt anyone who bought those packages got Front Row tickets. WWE probably put almost all of them on TicketsNow or the ticketmaster "Premium ticket" thing for $10k each. The rest were probably reserved for plants, family of Wrestlers, maybe a contest or two etc.

ZeB20.jpg

We Hate Cena dudes are absolutely plants.

Crowd plants is the next step after piping in boos. WWE is on a course heading towards having all Raws and Smackdowns in a TV studio with the entire crowd being paid actors.

This year they were about 2500-3000 depending on number of people in your party. I'm talking about Arizona where Cena did the lean into the crowd thing with this guy. I was there, I did the package I mingled with the people who got them. I know people who were in the front row and not plants/family etc.

krae_man

This year they were about 2500-3000 depending on number of people in your party. I'm talking about Arizona where Cena did the lean into the crowd thing with this guy. I was there, I did the package I mingled with the people who got them. I know people who were in the front row and not plants/family etc.

If they had front row, they got the crappy corner sections, not the prime behind the announcers table, Camera side, or Opposite side of the cameras sections.

Me and my gf are going to try to do our best to go to WM next year. NYC would be an amazing time.

I went to my first one this year and will be going every year from here on out. its such a good time with everything going on, plus there are so many awesome wrestling fans to hang with.

krae_man

I went to my first one this year and will be going every year from here on out. its such a good time with everything going on, plus there are so many awesome wrestling fans to hang with.

I had so much fun I want to go every year as well, but it's so damn expensive and there are other places I want to go with my Travel budget. I can get a bus from Toronto to New York for like $10 on Megabus if I'm quick so maybe I'll go next year depending on hotel rates. Or, I may just site out one year and go to XXX.

I am so happy I went unconscious at 2AM last night, and did not watch the rest of RAW.

Sorry about Beth though - if her leg is indeed messed up

Kharma / Beth will never happen :/

Cagey

Banned
Guess i'm not the only one who got a backorder notification.

I thought WTF at first but later I was like. oh this means Dbry shirt is selling like hotcakes. Then i was happy

I bought the Barber Shop Window version the night of WM28. Should I feel bad about not buying the legit one now, or no.

Pros: Vote with dollars! Cons: Official shirt is ugly as sin.

I bought the Barber Shop Window version the night of WM28. Should I feel bad about not buying the legit one now, or no.

Pros: Vote with dollars! Cons: Official shirt is ugly as sin.

Shirt can be better. At least it has Dbry's logo on the back. Plus it has that patch on the bottom that means I've purchased an official WWE superstar merchandise (don't really care)!

Top Bottom