• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT launches January 30

Lightning being front and center in the packaging is disheartening. Noctis should be on the cover (if he is in the game) or even Y'shtola.

I mean there aren't villain counterparts for XIV, Type-0 , XV or XI either.... Id love for them to put in Zenos from Stormblood as the XIV baddie.

I don't understand. All those games have villains. So can you clarify what you mean?

Can't justify paying an additional $140 after shipping for the CE, when it's just a bust. Will just pick up the steelbook edition.

Jeels

Thinking the same...

But watch her be the on the icon for the PS4 menu...

Oh god, please no.

This is why I really want to know what the standard PS4 cover will look like...It would be cool if they made versions with each character so you could just pick the one you want (Y'shtola <3)

Oh god, please no.

This is why I really want to know what the standard PS4 cover will look like...It would be cool if they made versions with each character so you could just pick the one you want (Y'shtola <3)

As I said above, I would've been perfectly fine with Y'shtola or Noctis (if he's in the game) there instead of Lightning.

Lightning being front and center in the packaging is disheartening. Noctis should be on the cover (if he is in the game) or even Y'shtola.

I don't understand. All those games have villains. So can you clarify what you mean?

Why? The most important character should be front and center after all~

Socivol

Why isn't Noctis on the cover? The Amazon listing said he is in the game. He's the newest protagonist and he's actually a likable one.

Toth

One of the things I enjoyed about Dissida was the customization and the growing of your character as you progressed. I hope SE will provide some type of system to reward you for playing and (hopefully) getting better.

Rojo

Digital sounds pretty cool. Waiting on EB Games Aus to update preorder info before making my decision.

Edit:

Wonder what the mystery item will be.

Da hell this steelbook looks different from the others. I like this one the best actually it better be an option in the states.

Why isn't Noctis on the cover? The Amazon listing said he is in the game. He's the newest protagonist and he's actually a likable one.

You would think since he's the newest one and is most likely in the game you think he would be on the cover like they did for Lightning when Duodecim came out, so I don't know why he isn't front and center here. Especially since many actually like him.

Ydelnae

They are not going to put the last character to be revealed on the cover. Either they keep Noctis as a bonus character like Gabranth or Gilgamesh, or they will update one of the steelboxes to add his render.

silva1991

You would think since he's the newest one and is most likely in the game you think he would be on the cover like they did for Lightning when Duodecim came out, so I don't know why he isn't front and center here. Especially since many actually like him.

People at SE are taking the "She must not be forgotten" thing too far lol.

Lightning is probably more popular than Noctis to be honest, whether people want to admit that or not.

Wasn't there a poll in Japan where Noctis won out over her? (Edit)

Even so, Lightning is more "infamous" than anything else and is recognizable because of how much she is pushed...like on this cover.

I liked the cover for Duodecim
except that Lighting is not my favorite character lol
this one should have been more like it...

Socivol

Yeah this is weird to me for exactly the reason you said. People like him and he is the newest. I hope they add Ardyn as well that would be so epic.

Balfour

wonder if they'll announce Noctis on the 1 year anniversary of FFXV's

*insert delayed joke*

hope all the Duodecim cast comes back. I used Tifa, Laguna, and Gilgamesh a lot. Hopefully they are at least in the DLC

Demoskinos

Yes, but not in Dissidia. Actually XIII doesn't have a counterpart villain either.

Lightning always front and center leading the forces of good.

DDxuUacVYAEWtC3.jpg

Maybe later they'll put a sticker in the corner says "Featuring Noctis from FFXV: A New Empire".

Looking back on it, Lightning was way too advertised at times for me. She even replaced the Warrior of Light as the main character in Duodecim.

But my favorite part will always be when Cecil misinterprets Firion's desire to speak to Lightning about his rose as Firion having the hots for Lightning. So he decides to try to pair them up much to Firion's dismay and embarrassment.

Looking back on it, Lightning was way too advertised at times for me. She even replaced the Warrior of Light as the main character in Duodecim.

That's because he was a stupid little shit following Cosmos' stupid bullshit and Light would have none of that.

And this game is a continuation of the previous story, so they have all their memories. Let's see what Nojima pulls out of his ass this time. haha

That's because he was a stupid little shit following Cosmos' stupid bullshit and Light would have none of that.

And this game is a continuation of the previous story, so they have all their memories. Let's see what Nojima pulls out of his ass this time. haha
Sigh...again my point is that I didn't like how Lightning just became the most important thing that Square Enix has ever done for those few years. Sure Nojima's writing is to blame as well. WoL isn't supposed to be that stupid.

These days I like Lightning a lot and genuinely appreciate her (sometimes), but back then she really irked me for how much she was in my face.

v1perz53

I have a bit of a weird question. Is there any way to pre-order this game and NOT get a steelbook? I wanna pre-order on amazon for the prime discount (which only works for pre-orders now) but I don't want a steelbook, I just want a regular game case. I know it sounds weird but I like having all my games be uniform on my book shelf, steelbooks look out of place and break the uniformity so I avoid them if I can. Not sure I'd be willing to pay $12 more to avoid one though if theres no way to pre-order a regular version.

I have a bit of a weird question. Is there any way to pre-order this game and NOT get a steelbook? I wanna pre-order on amazon for the prime discount (which only works for pre-orders now) but I don't want a steelbook, I just want a regular game case. I know it sounds weird but I like having all my games be uniform on my book shelf, steelbooks look out of place and break the uniformity so I avoid them if I can. Not sure I'd be willing to pay $12 more to avoid one though if theres no way to pre-order a regular version.

Do you have any friends who will be getting the game? I'm sure someone would love to trade their normal cover for a steel book

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal

It's a bonus. Not an edition. I'm pretty sure the game comes in the regular case.

Top Bottom