• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned

I've got some Pudding theories (not to be taken seriously)

1) Pudding enjoyed being evil. Sanji saying her third eye is beautiful has completely muddied her view of the world. Worst case scenario.

2) Everything is Big Mom's fault. Pudding did evil things to be in Big Mom's good graces. She goes way overboard in cruel monologues just so Nitro would hear them for some reason, thinking that that is what Big Mom wants her to be. Pudding seeing an innate goodness in Sanji (lol), that also relates to a core conflict of her childhood and relationship with her mother, has caused her to be very conflicted. Probable scenario.

3) We have some Attack on Titan season 2 shenanigans afoot. Pudding has been undercover for so long, her fictitious persona has developed into it's own identity. The semi-public wedding/Sanji murder plot represents the convergence of these personalities and their battle against each other. Naturally, the best case scenario.

It's going to be 3.

I don't think Katakuri will be facing Zoro or Sanji, just because so much hoopla has been raised over Katakuri being an upgraded Luffy. It's Luffy's fight to win.

LotusHD

Banned
Reposting for the new page :D

Feel like with this chapter, one side is clearly going to look very "right" regarding who will win between Luffy and Katakuri. And if not, because it's focusing on something else, then oh well.

But again I ask you (Because I keep forgetting your answers): Who do you think is going to win? I will add it to this post, and remind every of their rightness or folly after a victor has been declared

Mendrox: Katakuri... or Sanji
Caliph: The Readers
LotusHD: Luffy
NSESN: Draw
Sibersk Esto: Draw
B-Leg: Luffy
midramble: Luffy
TheGreatDirector: Draw
NHarmonic.: Draw/Fight is Interrupted
Linkstrikesback: Draw
Ray Down: Luffy
Chase17: Luffy, also Katakuri gets sent into the Shadow Realm of the Mirror World
oreomunsta: Luffy and Katakuri are both knocked out after Buggy makes a surprise entrance
Xux: Katakuri wins, Sanji defeats Katakuri with the help of Pudding's DF
Aaronrules380: Luffy
ImperialBishop: Luffy
ChasingANiche: Katakuri
Monochromaticx: Katakuri
IHaveIce: Katakuri
GundamKyoukai: Draw
SeeSaw15: Luffy
Sphinx: Luffy
Man God: Katakuri
Omnistalgic: Luffy

You cannot change your prediction once tonight's spoilers have come out.

Ray Down

Banned
Luffy is winning.

No third party can come in without Brulee and a draw will not happen since Kata wants luffy done and cannot escape till he is defeated and I think Luffy gonna want to beat this guy. Luffy will pull something off and win but it will be a tough fight and will be buildup this arc/stepping stone to fighting the true big treat/build up for the saga Kaido.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I think Luffy will win, but frankly, it'll be easier to tell once we see how Katakuri handles Gear 4. Knowing Luffy's insane stamina, as well as the fact that he was largely distracted, nothing that has happened matters that much. The real battle is about to begin.

But yea, I'm hoping he'll win or at least tie because what kind of message does it send for him to lose this match, only to go and wobble on towards Kaido, who along with his army is hyped to be an even bigger challenge to overcome. I mean yes, he'll presumably have Supernovas or whatever help him fight Kaido directly, but still.

At the very least, he can't lose, since losing equals death. As for Katakuri being stronger than Cracker, I still subscribe by the issue of Cracker being a behemoth when it comes to defense and stalling, as opposed to Katakuri, who would pose a much more straightforward fight.

Smoothie ain't doing nothing, and she has a sword, so I don't know about it. (Although Katakuri has a trident, so meh, maybe) Nothing wrong with them having a rematch imo considering their similar movesets thus far. Although if they were to have a rematch, I suppose it'd make more sense for it to be a draw, since no one wants a rematch if Luffy already proved himself to be stronger...

The reason I think he'll win is, in my mind, katakuri is just being used to show what else can be done with gum gum similar powers. Basically inspire Luffy to do some next level thing with his own powers. Don't get me wrong I like katakuri. One of my favorite villain designs for a while, but in my mind he's too similar to not just be a springboard. This also feeds my belief that the Big Mom resolution will happen here and not need a return arc.

So like I said, I'm bad at predicting this so the opposite will probably happen.

LotusHD

Banned
The reason I think he'll win is, in my mind, katakuri is just being used to show what else can be done with gum gum similar powers. Basically inspire Luffy to do some next level thing with his own powers. Don't get me wrong I like katakuri. One of my favorite villain designs for a while, but in my mind he's too similar to not just be a springboard. This also feeds my belief that the Big Mom resolution will happen here and not need a return arc.

So like I said, I'm bad at predicting this so the opposite will probably happen.

Guess we'll see! Also maybe the Big Mom resolution will be the next big prediction lol

---

Why Usopp such a savage back then

giphy.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Long ass post that I will post in spoilers so it doesn't flood the page, but tldr: It won’t be just the Cake
To be fair to Big Mom both those kids happened during the time when she is no longer rational and cannot control herself.

Just as much as people didn't see Pudding turning good or this cake theory actually happening both turned out to happen, and the biggest thing holding the idea back is Big Mom character right now.

Big Mom entire life is built around the ideals and teachings of Mother Caramel. From her dream of uniting all races, to how she deals with stuff, her own family even her most precious item in the world is just a picture of the woman. Everything in Linlin world is affected by the teachings of MC and her affects that she had on Linlin as a kid are still present today (such as never punishing her and you can see the effect it had on Linlin).

Even now she will not forgive them for destroying the last remaining piece she has of her physically.

Now here lies the question, how does her crusade against the strawhats end, how does she go from going to bloody murder to a truce/union with the very people who destroyed what she cherishes most and wreaked her plan.

In my mind use the very thing that has shaped Big Mom; Mother Caramel true self and the truth, not the idealized version Big Mom has built up in her head.

Now lets compare two villains flashbacks with Dolfa and Big Mom:

-Dolfa: Grew up in a tarnished environment where everything is given to him where anything below you is lesser and for your amusement, he taken from that environment by his father to teach his kids a better life, but through time does nothing but get his son to go against him to the point where he executed him and cut off his head to try to reach back to his former life, afterwards he creates a crimnal empire basically on his own with his own determination with no lofty/noble goal besides being the pirate king and causing havoc (hell he owned a slave house).

-Big Mom: Simply born a a freak of nature a natural born destroyer who was given to MC by her parents (Though BM is unaware of this) to help and take care of her, we see she ultimately good nature and sorta just misunderstood/ a kid with the bear and fishman stuff but throughout it MC does nothing but excuse BM actions asking the kids to forgive her and encouraging her actions, then unbeknownst to her they have to leave Elbaf and she lives her normally life again learning MC "Dream", then during her birthday she mysteriously disappears and all the kids.

Struesan comes along to help and cooks for her and helps realise her dream and helps form the BMP.

Key differences that paint a different light:

-No Corazon & Innocence vs Lack: Unlike with the Big Mom flashback there no one like Corazon to contrast Dolfa. Corazon grew up in the same environment and conditions as Dolfa and didn't believe or have the same values as Dolfa. During the flashback Cora is the good brother and the one the audience believes/attaches to his own words about is brother is that he was born evil that nothing changed him to be that way and the flashback does nothing to critique it or paint Dolfa in any positive light that even with the teaching of there father it did nothing for him.

Big Mom on the other hand has no light painting her as evil like Dolfa, at times she a uncontrollable beast like the hulk but she has no control over that and has to much strength and is uncontrolled but a seemingly normal naive sorta dumb kid (even her personality from this time has carried on in ways to her current form), she generally wasn't trying to hurt the other kids hell in her mind she was helping the fishman and the animals and her only guidance the one she believes truly understands her encouraged her, abolished her and asked others to forgive her and told her to do whatever. With proper guidance of a good parent this would not have happened as seen linlin changed under MC, imagine one that was positive.

-Using: As we all know MC persona she presented to Linlin and others was a sham a faux she a shyster and did al those things in order for her scam to continue and for her to exploit linlin, she shaped Linlin. Hell even strus used her in his own way.

Dolfa on the other had did everything on his own volition, the closest was Trebol who gave him the Ito Ito fruit, but that power did not corrupt Dolfa and lead him on this path.

No two villains in OP really have flashbacks, but even then you can see how Oda has portrayed and written both different.

Mother C is the center of her life, but nothing but the idealized version she (MC) presented herself as. Now what were to happen to Big Mom if she finds out her foundation, her rock, the person she cherishes most, what happens to her when its reveled that everything was a farce and the true events of what happened to the orphanage?

As others whom supported the cake theory before it became true and to this day its more then just the cake that will happen, a fundamental change will happen within her. In the same arc we learn she has no idea of what really happened and the true nature and character of Mother Caramel in an arc like this with:

-Strus whom knows the truth.
-A woman who part of the very organization MC worked with and knew her true character.
-Pudding with the powers of memories at her disposal.

These playing cards are all here, others and me believe these will be played.

Now how do we get there who knows, there can be many ways such as Sturs waking up and telling the truth, to pudding knowing along, to Sturs being an agent of the Gov trying to capture Pudding and failing leading into something.

I know people here had problems with how Sanji would bake cake, but as shown Oda can craft a scenario that does it and it wasn't to far off from what me and Romance Dawn speculated.

But I can really see after getting the most orgasmic cake ever and learning the truth will lead a change to Big Mom (and her family(Since she the matriarch and follow her and love the family), her dream) and her dynamics/relationship with Luffy and Co and allows for peace.

I don't see the BMP being allies like the fleet or the hear pirates besides coming in during the final war, but an armistice, a peace, and understanding between the two, peaceful co-existence, a promise of whats to come in the future for two.

Now with that said even not as a villain I can still see Big Mom or at least her looming shadow/family play a role in future arcs to come. There still an utter blank spot of what happened during Lola stint with Loki and Elbaf and what truly went down (especially with possible memory shanagins and stuff) there's too few details and obscurity to really judge yet and coming in during the war to change the world.

So even if they won't be antagonistic, I can see them playing a role.

Luffy worked with/freed Croc (for greater good) a man who so far is alot like Dolfa with no redeeming qualities and planned to take a ancient weapon to rule with sand grip and spark a violent revolution that lead to what Oda said was the saddest moment in the series, hell Mr.2 played a key role in that along with Robin.

But those are just some brief thoughts I have on the matter.

Another theme you can say this arc has is family and just what effect they have on you (Sanji, Pudding, Big Mom) but I can make a giant other post for that.

Just more so where I think it will go atm.

LotusHD

Banned
Now how do we get there who knows, there can be many ways such as Sturs waking up and telling the truth, to pudding knowing along, to Sturs being an agent of the Gov trying to capture Pudding and failing leading into something.

- Why would he just wake up and blab all of a sudden, he's been keeping the secret for decades, there's no reason for us to think that he'd suddenly say anything now. And to whose benefit? Also most importantly, they explicitly mentioned that he would be out for a few days, a set up that enables Sanji to be the main guy baking that cake, so yea...

- Pudding knowing all along doesn't really make much sense either, Oda would've foreshadowed something like that imo. Seems far more likely that she'd use her powers on Big Mom, and then inadvertently catch wind of those memories, and then take it from there.

- This just crazy

---

I actually have no horse in the whole "Will Big Mom find out or not", I just don't see how it suddenly leads to an alliance/truce, barring her being like depressed or something, and just not being in the mood to deal with them anymore. It's also a pretty anticlimatic way to end things, even more so than how people view the Cake theory's execution on paper. At least that has some potential excitement if you think about it for a bit.

And while she may get over the Caramel picture being broken, why excuse everything else based on what we know about her? Not to mention it also comes back to the infinitely reinforced notion of her being insanely strong, so why bother letting them the Straw Hats go if they can't beat you, only for them to get in your way later on?

Additionally, this theory seems to involve Pudding's powers. But Pudding likely only has an opportunity to use them on Big Mom while she's unconscious, it'd be suicide any other time. And if that's the case, I don't see why she'd use her powers on her, she currently doesn't really have any reason to. And if she's unconscious, the Straw Hats main priority should be to leave the damn island, not wait for Pudding to use her powers and inform them of a past that only Big Mom would care about. And obviously they shouldn't wait for Big Mom to wake up. Just like the Cake theory, I'd need to see it begin to play out for myself. That said, there's always the possibility that she finds out later ya know, maybe in a location filled with giants... :p

I guess my problem with these big theories in general is that they try and predict an end goal, but usually do a poor job of convincing me as to how we get to said goal. Like you bring up characters like Streusen or Stussy, but I don't see why they'd say anything, much less how it could possibly benefit them.

Xux

I forgot about the presence of Cipher Pol and the underworld emperors.

I wonder if Blueno could Door Door into the Mirror World.

It feels weird to have the whole Mother Carmel twist and have both Streusen and a giant know without that coming into play unless

A. It's supposed to stay as an ironic twist.
B. Come out in Elbaf.

Ray Down

Banned
- Why would he just wake up and blab all of a sudden, he's been keeping the secret for decades, there's no reason for us to think that he'd suddenly say anything now. And to whose benefit? Also most importantly, they explicitly mentioned that he would be out for a few days, a set up that enables Sanji to be the main guy baking that cake, so yea...

- Pudding knowing all along doesn't really make much sense either, Oda would've foreshadowed something like that imo. Seems far more likely that she'd use her powers on Big Mom, and then inadvertently catch wind of those memories, and then take it from there.

- This just crazy

---

I actually have no horse in the whole "Will Big Mom find out or not", I just don't see how it suddenly leads to an alliance/truce, barring her being like depressed or something, and just not being in the mood to deal with them anymore. It's also a pretty anticlimatic way to end things, even more so than how people view the Cake theory's execution on paper. At least that has some potential excitement if you think about it for a bit.

And while she may get over the Caramel picture being broken, why excuse everything else based on what we know about her? Not to mention it also comes back to the infinitely reinforced notion of her being insanely strong, so why bother letting them the Straw Hats go if they can't beat you, only for them to get in your way later on?

Additionally, this theory seems to involve Pudding's powers. But Pudding likely only has an opportunity to use them on Big Mom while she's unconscious, it'd be suicide any other time. And if that's the case, I don't see why she'd use her powers on her, she currently doesn't really have any reason to. And if she's unconscious, the Straw Hats main priority should be to leave the damn island, not wait for Pudding to use her powers and inform them of a past that only Big Mom would care about. And obviously they shouldn't wait for Big Mom to wake up. Just like the Cake theory, I'd need to see it begin to play out for myself. That said, there's always the possibility that she finds out later ya know, maybe in a location filled with giants... :p

I guess my problem with these big theories in general is that they try and predict an end goal, but usually do a poor job of convincing me as to how we get to said goal. Like you bring up characters like Streusen or Stussy, but I don't see why they'd say anything, much less how it could possibly benefit them.

-Considering the statement about being out came from Smothie and how useless she is, I wouldn't be surprised he can pop out of it :p, and unlike before nothing has happened to that picture and with Big Mom now going on the rampage he cannot stop like others maybe it convinces him to get something off his chest with his impending doom.

-The Pudding stuff is an idea, but the Stussy stuff can happen there needs to be a bit more about her and its no coincidence that she works for the very organisation that has had dealings with MC so we see where that goes. Just as much as people thought Sanji wouldn't bake the cake and they all just run but Oda had another plan.

It may not seem but just with this arc Oda shown that farout ideas that people didn't like and don't see happening and I can understand that, such a shock as the person whos teachings, words and shit being the core and foundation of your life being a utter shame would have a huge effect on someone from depression to outright character change and considering this is shonen it will happen quick. Or hell the idea you ate people like your mother would chnage some perspective.

Its the one two punch of know MC true character and the eating people.

It may seem anti-climatic/not exciting or interesting but wait till the execution, I believed in a game of Mario and Rabbits and that turn out great, children card game fighting sounds boring but Takahashi made it unso, Space Dandy is a utter gag series but when previews came up of more serious episodes I scoffed and they hit me emotionally and pulled an ending that made sense. Stuff can seem lame, anti-climatic or whatever but its in the execution that matters. TMNT by platinum sounded great till you saw the final product.

It could be anti-climatic as all hell.

The big thing with this since its still part of the Cake theory (ideas on BM), is that the revelation would change Big Mom fully, she would no longer desire wanting to be Pirate King, she would move past her anger towards FI, the SH, Lola, Chiffon, Bege. She would become/be a different person after the truth is revealed and reflection she wouldn't be in there way. Hell they will fight together in the ending war. The peace/truce will be for Big Mom to wish forgiveness of all parties this arc and for all to leave easily this arc.

Pudding can easily show the truth once she is asleep from eating again the most orgasmic cake, the plan to just leave after can easily change just as much as the goals this arc have and even then with the cake they still be in her territory for awhile. They could have just kept going and running away like there are now but Oda wasen't gonna let the BMP and the citizens of Totland be slaughtered. Plus the cake gives the added bonus of proving Judge and the Vinsmokes wrong yet again with there attitudes towards cooking.

Problem with happening in Elbaf is that the Giants have no idea of MC true character seemingly just Linlin ate them since they say they hated BM more, no CP0 that have a history with MC, no Pudding (she seemingly never been off the WCI and why would BM risk bringing her to hostile territory), that and if Strus would say anything it might as well be during the time of possible impending doom by a person he helped shaped and made use of.

This is all still part of the Cake Theory since its usually been more then just the cake.

And I can see why people are hesitant and leave this stuff at that for now :sleepytime

I'm lazy what incited these walls of text

I've been wanting to make it for awhile so why not :p.

Be lucky I didn't do my family one, its even longer.

I forgot about the presence of Cipher Pol and the underworld emperors.

I wonder if Blueno could Door Door into the Mirror World.

I imagine if he is aware of the mirror world he could since he just seems to spawn doors and travel.

LotusHD

Banned
-Considering the statement about being out came from Smothie and how useless she is, I wouldn't be surprised he can pop out of it :p, and unlike before nothing has happened to that picture and with Big Mom now going on the rampage he cannot stop like others maybe it convinces him to get something off his chest with his impending doom.

Um, alright. I think we should wait for him to actually awaken first, because right now from my perspective, that seems very far-fetched, especially when you jokingly inject your (justified) bias against Smoothie bias into it. :p

As for the slim possibility of there being a situation where he's pleading for his life as Big Mom's rampage reaches wherever he is (If anything, Perospero's the main one that should be afraid), she's still in her rage mode, so if it doesn't have to do with the cake, from what we've seen so far, she really shouldn't have much of a reaction to that, but whatever.

-The Pudding stuff is an idea, but the Stussy stuff can happen there needs to be a bit more about her and its no coincidence that she works for the very organisation that has had dealings with MC so we see where that goes. Just as much as people thought Sanji wouldn't bake the cake and they all just run but Oda had another plan.

At least with the cake, skeptics like myself had basic stuff to ponder over regarding its plausibility, like Sanji being a chef, there is indeed a wedding cake that got recently ruined, the head chef is down, and Big Mom has wanted that wedding cake since the arc began. And arguably most importantly (for me personally), the fact that Big Mom could ride Zeus. Once that got thrown into the cards, it became a lot easier to start thinking about the theory coming true a few weeks before it did, because with Zeus in mind, the Straw Hats are pretty much forced to placate her in some fashion, the obvious way to do that of course being a cake.

Stussy on the other hand... she works for the World Gov't. That's pretty much it. There's currently no reason to think that she would say anything, but even if she did, again, where is the benefit to her? Hell, you could argue that Big Mom rampaging throughout WCI is more than good enough, since she's at least whittling down her crew a little bit, and would obviously benefit from the Straw Hats dying. The only reason I could see her wanting to tell Big Mom the truth is to purposely antagonize her, and uhh, that'd be a stupid idea.

Like you said, something more needs to actually happen here before I give that any real credence.

It may not seem but just with this arc Oda shown that farout ideas that people didn't like and don't see happening and I can understand that, such a shock as the person whos teachings, words and shit being the core and foundation of your life being a utter shame would have a huge effect on someone from depression to outright character change and considering this is shonen it will happen quick. Or hell the idea you ate people like your mother would chnage some perspective.

It's simply a reach to me, I have to see it to believe it. That said, I am admittedly inherently biased against the very thought of Big Mom making any kind of truce with them, except for maybe some dumb finale usage of the roulette wheel. But even with that in mind, I think it would actually make more sense to me if said truce came about just because of the delicious cake, rather than the MC thing that has literally nothing to do with the Straw Hats. At least with the cake, I can see Oda being silly enough where the cake is so delicious that Big Mom temporarily forgives them, or something along those lines. I'd still greatly dislike it, but at least the dots are there to connect. Big Mom's memories on the other hand factoring into all of this asks a lot out of me...

It may seem anti-climatic/not exciting or interesting but wait till the execution, I believed in a game of Mario and Rabbits and that turn out great, children card game fighting sounds boring but Takahashi made it unso, Space Dandy is a utter gag series but when previews came up of more serious episodes I scoffed and they hit me emotionally and pulled an ending that made sense. Stuff can seem lame, anti-climatic or whatever but its in the execution that matters. TMNT by platinum sounded great till you saw the final product.

It could be anti-climatic as all hell.

Sure.

The big thing with this since its still part of Greg Cake theory, is that the revelation would change Big Mom fully, she would no longer desire wanting to be Pirate King, she would move past her anger towards FI, the SH, Lola, Chiffon, Bege. She would become/be a different person after the truth is revealed and reflection she wouldn't be in there way. Hell they will fight together in the ending war. The peace/truce will be for Big Mom to wish forgiveness of all parties this arc and for all to leave easily this arc.

I'm aware of Oda's female characters having the potential to let you down at any given moment, but this is too much for me lmao

Pudding can easily show the truth once she is asleep from eating again the most orgasmic cake, the plan to just leave after can easily change just as much as the goals this arc have and even then with the cake they still be in her territory for awhile. They could have just kept going and running away like there are now but Oda wasen't gonna let the BMP and the citizens of Totland be slaughtered. Plus the cake gives the added bonus of proving Judge and the Vinsmokes wrong yet again with there attitudes towards cooking.

But why would Pudding want to do that if Big Mom's already taken care of? I'm someone that does actually feel like Pudding having that particular DF will lead to something important down the line, but at the same time, I just let the manga take me there. What you're saying for me to do is to think about it now, but if I do that, I have to consider why exactly would Pudding want to check her memories to begin with if the threat has been eliminated, and I currently got nothing.

Problem with happening in Elbaf is that the Giants have no idea of MC true character seemingly just Linlin ate them since they say they hated BM more, no CP0 that have a history with MC, no Pudding (she seemingly never been off the WCI and why would BM risk bringing her to hostile territory), that and if Strus would say anything it might as well be during the time of possible impending doom by a person he helped shaped and made use of.

I actually wasn't all that serious about that lol, just threw that possibility out there, but all the same time, I just meant more like the giants could make her aware that she had eaten her, and then just take it from there I guess. As for Pudding and if she'd even be there, that's a good rebuttal I suppose. I guess one possibility is that the last Red Poneglyph actually does end up being on Elbaf, as well as Pudding actually unlocking her third eye, then that would be one way to justify her being there. That said, who knows if she'll even stick with Big Mom to begin with after this arc is over.

Yeah Streusen confessing doesn't make sense to me. Big Mom is only in complete rampage mode when she's craving food. There's a difference between that and her just being angry. We've already seen Big Mom after the Mother Carmel picture incident, and before her Wedding Cake rampage. She was angry at the SH, but still rational where she can tell friend from foe. So Streusen has no reason to fear for his life unless she's in rampage mode. In that case, Sanji is already baking a cake with Chiffon and Pudding. So she'll get that craving satisfied. Streusen already knows nothing but that single food item will save them.

Oh, we're doing predictions for Luffy vs Katakuri?

I'm strongly leaning towards Luffy winning. A draw is possible, but Katakuri winning means death for Luffy so that's out of the question.

Nami already has faith that Luffy will beat Katakuri. Oda wouldn't have thrown that line in if victory wasn't a possibility.

Luffy has a good track record when it comes to facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles on his own. But the big question is if Luffy will defeat Katakuri in the ten hours he has or not.

Ray Down

Banned
Never said they would tell Big Mom (or don't think I did), just this info get revealed to Pudding and Co (weither by force or something else) and then she just use her fruit during once BM out of it once she eats the cake.

Gear 4th:Nitro man
I'm telling ya

Speedy Gear 4.

Or Gear 4 Lean mode.

I think whatever expectations the crew has for Luffy winning is a bit nullified after the last chapter where Luffy lied and Jinbe wasn’t buying it while the others were.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Yeah Streusen confessing doesn't make sense to me. Big Mom is only in complete rampage mode when she's craving food. There's a difference between that and her just being angry. We've already seen Big Mom after the Mother Carmel picture incident, and before her Wedding Cake rampage. She was angry at the SH, but still rational where she can tell friend from foe. So Streusen has no reason to fear for his life unless she's in rampage mode. In that case, Sanji is already baking a cake with Chiffon and Pudding. So she'll get that craving satisfied. Streusen already knows nothing but that single food item will save them.

Two interesting points, streusen being basically a villain who was also taking advantage of a child and not spilling the beans for decades tells me that 1) he won't willingly divulge but 2) there is no reason for him to know plot wise if he wasn't going to divulge.

I could see them needing to dig into his memory for some secret recipe. Maybe something to make the cake taste like her special day, and while digging for that (since pudding is doing the cooking) she could stumble upon the canabalistic reveal.

Never said they would tell Big Mom, just this info get revealed to Pudding and Co (weither by force or something else) and then she just use her fruit during once BM out of it once she eats the cake.

Speedy Gear 4.

Or Gear 4 Lean mode.
Luffy Nitro man will be all red hawk style attacks therefore burning/cooking the mochi, making it hard with each punch which negates the punches just phasing thru/not harming katakuri

I just made all this up and have no faith it’s gonna happen

Ray Down

Banned
Whatever it is the fact that Luffy has tank form an alternate gear 4 form along with the fact Rayeligh said just making bigger punches wouldn't cut it at least gives us the implication there other forms.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh, we're doing predictions for Luffy vs Katakuri?

I'm strongly leaning towards Luffy winning. A draw is possible, but Katakuri winning means death for Luffy so that's out of the question.

Nami already has faith that Luffy will beat Katakuri. Oda wouldn't have thrown that line in if victory wasn't a possibility.

Luffy has a good track record when it comes to facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles on his own. But the big question is if Luffy will defeat Katakuri in the ten hours he has or not.

So.... your prediction is that he'll win? Is what you're going with, not entirely sure due to the rest of your post, and I want to mark it down.

Never said they would tell Big Mom (or don't think I did), just this info get revealed to Pudding and Co (weither by force or something else) and then she just use her fruit during once BM out of it once she eats the cake.

As in, the truth about Big Mom gets revealed to Pudding first? Not sure I follow, I'm tired, just finished writing a paper lol

Two interesting points, streusen being basically a villain who was also taking advantage of a child and not spilling the beans for decades tells me that 1) he won't willingly divulge but 2) there is no reason for him to know plot wise if he wasn't going to divulge.

I could see them needing to dig into his memory for some secret recipe. Maybe something to make the cake taste like her special day, and while digging for that (since pudding is doing the cooking) she could stumble upon the canabalistic reveal.

Regarding #2, Pudding was a potential factor here with her DF abilities... at first. But as recent chapters have pointed out, Sanji is a cooking god. He does not need Streusen for anything, he remembered the entire recipe on his own, is baking the cake in a much shorter timeframe, and on top of that, he has his own secret ingredient. Additionally, it would be poor writing for Oda to now say that we suddenly need Streusen, considering that they had left him back at Whole Cake Island. If they needed him, then Pudding would've quickly made a detour to go and retrieve him before heading to Cacao Island. Since that did not happen, I feel that it is safe to say that with them now at Cacao Island, and with Streusen currently unconscious for a few days, he is likely no longer going to be relevant this arc.

Xux

I dunno. If Katakuri wins, I doubt Luffy would end up dead; I just don’t see the story going in that direction.

Katakuri winning could mean Luffy gets captured and thrown in a dungeon or something which solves the problem of escaping from the mirror world.

LotusHD

Banned
I dunno. If Katakuri wins, I doubt Luffy would end up dead; I just don’t see the story going in that direction.

Katakuri winning could mean Luffy gets captured and thrown in a dungeon or something which solves the problem of escaping from the mirror world.

He flat-out said he aims on killing him. This last chapter even had him pull out his trident, meaning he's finally getting serious. So... What will your prediction be Xux?!?!

Xux

Katakuri wins
and kills Luffy and ends the series because that's the only possible chain of events from that outcome.

No, but, forrealsies,
Sanji beats Katakuri after Pudding gives Sanji all of her memories of Katakuri fighting. As foreshadowed during the ceremony, Sanji develops his Haki to the point that he can match Katakuri's future seeing ability.
Series solved.

Luffy will win because there's pretty much no scenario where he loses (or even draws, considering there are other enemies around) where he lives and the series continues

LotusHD

Banned
Katakuri wins
and kills Luffy and ends the series because that's the only possible chain of events from that outcome.

No, but, forrealsies,
Sanji beats Katakuri after Pudding gives Sanji all of her memories of Katakuri fighting. As foreshadowed during the ceremony, Sanji develops his Haki to the point that he can match Katakuri's future seeing ability.
Series solved.

Has to include Luffy and Katakuri first and foremost, so unless you specify otherwise, I'm going to go with "Luffy will lose, Sanji will win later with the help of Pudding"

Katakuri wins

No, but, forrealsies,
Series solved.
Well shit I’m ok with this
930456d3c70d759403d08495cc3bc13725cbd64d_hq.jpg

Top Bottom