• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

deanote666

So if I'm in the US for a few days, what is the best way for finding a Tauros?

I haven't seen one in months. There have been times where you couldn't turn around without seeing one as well.

Are Mewtwo raids still happening? Haven't been any in my town since September and my town has 10+ gyms with an active community. How are they given?

border

So if I'm in the US for a few days, what is the best way for finding a Tauros?

Silph Road Atlas tracks what pokemon are in which nests......that's really the only hope you have. Other than that it's just going to be luck if you find one or not.

wait so are exclusive raids all over now or just still testing?

Also, I was so excited to hatch my 6 10kms eggs. ALL OF THEM WHERE PORYGONS!!!! wtf, I've never ever gotten one from an egg before but thanks so that even earlier this year I have more than enough candy. I really didn't need 6 at once lol.

wait so are exclusive raids all over now or just still testing?

Also, I was so excited to hatch my 6 10kms eggs. ALL OF THEM WHERE PORYGONS!!!! wtf, I've never ever gotten one from an egg before but thanks so that even earlier this year I have more than enough candy. I really didn't need 6 at once lol.

EX raids are still in testing. Still no ones in my city so far.

Well that's a lot of porygon candy I guess. I'd be a little pissed too.

Pejo

Have they drip-fed these new pokemon out? So far I've only even seen 4 new ones. I can't imagine they're all released and I'm just not seeing any.

czk51

Disappointed to hear that my fav, Zangoose (as per avi) , is regional and isn't available for me. Got Seviper, the alternate regional. I saved up heaps of coins from gyms over the last few months and blew it all on incubators, only to have only 2 gen 3's so far hatch, they're all still 1 and 2 (and yes these are fresh eggs, I kept a bunch of greens to burn quickly when gen 3 dropped. )

Disappointed to hear that my fav, Zangoose (as per avi) , is regional and isn't available for me. Got Seviper, the alternate regional. I saved up heaps of coins from gyms over the last few months and blew it all on incubators, only to have only 2 gen 3's so far hatch, they're all still 1 and 2 (and yes these are fresh eggs, I kept a bunch of greens to burn quickly when gen 3 dropped. )

Zangoose has migrated and I now have Seviper and Zangoose

Reviving this thread because I played 3hrs of pokemon go straight today. Caught 160 Larvitar because of the special event. Before today I only caught like 3 in the wild.

Now I have 5 90+ IV Tyranitor. And I evolved a Shiny one too. There were lots of shinys today.

Man I was bored today lol!

Trogdor1123

Did this with the kids this weekend too.

The trading announcement sounded good too until the details came out. Talk about making it more complicated than required.

IaN_GAF

Trading is kinda expensive, but still happy that it is in, tbh.

I'm seeing a lot of people picking this game back up lately. Kinda funny.

Pejo

Any 3 people here mind PM'ing me their friend codes for the new quest? It says I need to make 3 friends and I already added everyone IRL that I know that plays.

Trogdor1123

Any 3 people here mind PM'ing me their friend codes for the new quest? It says I need to make 3 friends and I already added everyone IRL that I know that plays.
You can remove people and add them back for this. I did it myself last week. Progress isn't lost either.

So did we make the rewards for the event?

NimbusD

idk if I'm allowed to post this kind of stuff in this thread. but I'm helping out with this live trivia mobile show on facebook later today that's pokemon based trivia. nothing too hard, its more of a comedy show. But figured people here might like it

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i only just started playing this. well i tried it out back when it launched but didn't get into it. only started playing again after getting Let's Go.

i think i get the idea now but i have no idea what to do with gyms. i'm just wandering around looking for PokeStops and catching Pokemon. I want to get into battles.

Tapioca

Banned
This game is fun for 3 months and then gets extremely old. The fact that the strength of your pokemon really does not matter since it is so easy to capture gyms limits the games fun. There is literally no point to get a perfect IV pokemon. I wish this game could keep my attention for longer amounts of time because it really is fun to want to go out and catch pokemon... but the want always goes away.

The game needs a pokemon leveling system or something to that effect that is not treat based. Raids and gyms area also get annoying to complete with the constant tapping.

The overall gameplay needs to be re-worked.

Last edited:
Disappointed the upcoming event won't reward double candy. I've nearly filled my bag with a capacity of 350 waiting for a double candy event.

i only just started playing this. well i tried it out back when it launched but didn't get into it. only started playing again after getting Let's Go.

i think i get the idea now but i have no idea what to do with gyms. i'm just wandering around looking for PokeStops and catching Pokemon. I want to get into battles.

Just dump a pokemon in a gym that is occupied by your team for easy coins. And if an opposition team is occupying a gym, just tap away until you've taken them all out and take the gym for yourself. Pokemon lose motivation when occupying a gym, a low motivated gym is easy to take over for yourself. You probably won't hold it for long, but the main priority is pokecoin accumulation.

SaviourMK2

I swear. Pokemon GO is pushing my hatred for Pikachu more and more. I missed the Pikachu Community event completely because I was visiting my father in the hospital (I didn't take out my phone in that time frame because hey, I'm not a douche), so I obtained no shiny Pikachus. Over the course of the year, I have yet to find ONE shiny Pikachu. I check every single one I cross. Meanwhile my friend has found one, and he's only been playing for 3 months, and his father whose an addict found 3.Why do I care so much about finding a Shiny Pikachu when I hate Pikachu?
Well, as cruel fate would have it, my favorite Pokemon is Raichu.

To Eevee evolve into Espeon I must walk 10km and evolve it during day while he is still my buddy.

I miss this last part, damn. Wasted a 10km walk and an evolution. =/

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/holiday2018/

Trainers,
The cheer and joy of the holidays is coming to the world of Pokémon GO, as the Delivery Pokémon, Delibird, returns for Pokémon GO Holidays 2018!
Starting on December 18, Ice-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild, including Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Snorunt, Spheal, and Snover! Certain other Pokémon are also getting into the festivities—you might see holiday-ready Pokémon, such as a Pikachu wearing a festive hat, until January 2!

What’s celebrating the holidays without gifts? Pokémon such as Smoochum, Azurill, and Munchlax will have a greater chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs, so show your friends you care by sending them special Gifts! In order to help with hatching during the holiday season, Trainers will also earn a free single-use Incubator once per day via spinning a Photo Disc on a PokéStop until January 2.

To keep the celebrations coming, there will be plenty of bonuses throughout the event! From December 18 to December 22, Trainers will be able to enjoy double Candy for catching and transferring Pokémon. Then, from December 22 to December 26, earn double Catch Stardust to help power up your Pokémon! From December 26 to December 30, earn double XP when you catch Pokémon to help you reach a higher Trainer level before the new year! Finally, from December 30 to January 2, Incubators will be twice as effective. Make sure you check in regularly to take advantage of all these exciting bonuses!

Excited about showing your holiday spirit? Outfit your avatar with the Delibird-themed sweater, gloves, and boots, available on December 18 in the Style Shop!

So put a little happy in your holidays with Pokémon GO! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

Been saving a boat load of mons waiting for double candy transfer, glad to see it in this event.

Kris823

Neo Member
I want Blastoise. I am trying to catch it from a long time but unable to do so. I used many Pokemon Go Maps like Pokehuntr, Pokesniper, Pokevision but none of them is working these days. Can you suggest any way to catch Blastoise or any other favorite Pokemon?

I want Blastoise. I am trying to catch it from a long time but unable to do so. I used many Pokemon Go Maps like Pokehuntr, Pokesniper, Pokevision but none of them is working these days. Can you suggest any way to catch Blastoise or any other favorite Pokemon?
you'll have better luck catching the babies and get them to that big guys. Going to need a lot of candies

Top Bottom