• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue might be headed to XBLA/PSN

Did a search and nothing came up. But watch this video JSR Interview and the guy hinted what DC games might be released after JSR. He specifically mentioned Skies and Shenmue.

Please make it true Based Sega.

Lock if old.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Plz make them decent ports, maybe increase draw distance, frame rate and improve the shadow rendering for Shenmue... But not too much, just bring them on par with the actual models instead of the blocky way they were done, it'd probably look off if they changed lighting/shadows to be rendered like say, Alan Wake or something, lol. Then again I already have both mues so, 3 plz.

Robin64

Do it, Sega, do it. I love Shenmue.

And Skies might well be the Gamecube version. Remember, Sonic Adventure was on XBLA as Sonic Adventure DX.

Yuripaw

Banned
I really don't see the point of re-releasing Shenmue 1 and/or 2 ever at this point. Unless the impossible happened, and they actually planned to make a Shenmue 3, releasing the previous Shenmue games to a new audience wouldn't make sense when the story does not even have an ending.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yes?

Just do it and take the money already. Both of these would be day 1's. Especially if SoA is the GC version.

The Boat

Shenmue with Japanese voices please! I've been meaning to replay it, this would push me to do it. Skies is amazing, but I don't feel the need to replay it again.

I wouldn't buy Shenmue. I already own the DC originals.

I'd buy Skies, only because I never owned it and I'd like to try and get into it but if I remember the demo it seemed quite slow. I also remember a really long ladder. Oh and great title music.

Floex

Never played Skies, always liked the look of it though. Trouble is didn't it have random battles?

If so, I'm already out

SykoTech

Very strong hint, nice. I'd lvoe to see them next, especially Skies.

That interview was kinda painful to listen to though. Guy's voice started dragging when they began talking about JSR's music. :/

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Widescreen special editions like JSR is turning out to be would trump the still iffy emulation, especially on Shenmue's part. If Shenmue really did happen, if every hardcore Shenmue nuts pledged to buy like however many copies it took to equate a $60 big retail game purchase, I wonder if Sega would take note...

Not sure I could stomach Skies random battle rate in this day and age. It already began to drive me plenty insane back then, now I imagine I'll kill again under its influence.

Also wonder if games like JSRF and Shenmue 2 will see release on digital platforms properly fixed in the similar way, or if theyre locked up tight to Microsoft's bosom.

Furoba

Wonder if loading times for Shenmue would decrease with a digital version. If AM2 does the port for I&II I'll be a very happy man indeed. In case of a release, fans should really rally support and get as much sales as possible.

IrishNinja

would buy both on principal.

would prolly replay Shenmue, Skies as well depending on which version/encounter rates.

Wonder if loading times for Shenmue would decrease with a digital version. If AM2 does the port for I&II I'll be a very happy man indeed. In case of a release, fans should really rally support and get as much sales as possible.

hopefully, to the former, and to the later - there's a few fan sites/groups that basically exist to do just this. i like being counted among them.

Good, those that do purchase SoA will have the memories refreshed on how horrible a game it truly was.

this is you:

TjHFh.jpg

flying solo

8bit

Knows the Score
Never played Skies, always liked the look of it though. Trouble is didn't it have random battles?

If so, I'm already out

It had ran[PREPARE TO FIGHT]dom battles every few step[PREPARE TO FIGHT]s, and the Dreamcas[PREPARE TO FIGHT]t version was worse than th[PREPARE TO FIGHT]e Gamec[PREPARE TO FIGHT]ube one for frequen[PREPARE TO FIGHT]cy of batt[PREPARE TO FIGHT]les.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Widescreen special editions like JSR is turning out to be would trump the still iffy emulation, especially on Shenmue's part. If Shenmue really did happen, if every hardcore Shenmue nuts pledged to buy like however many copies it took to equate a $60 big retail game purchase, I wonder if Sega would take note...

Not sure I could stomach Skies random battle rate in this day and age. It already began to drive me plenty insane back then, now I imagine I'll kill again under its influence.

Also wonder if games like JSRF and Shenmue 2 will see release on digital platforms properly fixed in the similar way, or if theyre locked up tight to Microsoft's bosom.

Hasn't it been like 10 years since those games came out, I would hoep the contract would have ended by now.

Tizoc

Plz make them decent ports, maybe increase draw distance, frame rate and improve the shadow rendering for Shenmue... But not too much, just bring them on par with the actual models instead of the blocky way they were done, it'd probably look off if they changed lighting/shadows to be rendered like say, Alan Wake or something, lol. Then again I already have both mues so, 3 plz.

This, I keep hearing a lot about Shenmue and am a huge fan of the Yakuza games, so they'd be doing the series justice by putting a lot more effort into the HD-ification...and to it's fans~

Furoba

This, I keep hearing a lot about Shenmue and am a huge fan of the Yakuza games, so they'd be doing the series justice by putting a lot more effort into the HD-ification...and to it's fans~

If they give AM2 the means to make a decent HD port, they would.

Plz make them decent ports, maybe increase draw distance, frame rate and improve the shadow rendering for Shenmue...

Last year there was a report that claimed that Sega would be putting a lot more effort into their DC ports starting with JSR. JSR HD apparently runs at 60fps, 720p, widescreen and has the popup removed.

Veal

They could afford to drop the encounter rate in SoA even lower than the Gamecube version. Or at least speed up the flow of battle somehow. The game becomes "Mash A" in the later levels. Other than that, YES PLEASE OMG

Top Bottom