• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

Card Boy

Banned
Woods Jr?

gBYqM.png

JbXiQ.png

Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops-Frank-Woods.jpg

kuYuri

It does look rough, especially the human models. I think Treyarch never was as good as IW with modelling.

Disagree. Of course not all are created equal, but I thought Woods was one of the best looking and best mocapped characters in the series.

Well at least its not past/present day. Should be further in the future and more sci-fi though. But I don't play CoD anymore so, meh.

SnowHawk

Damn MW3 was going to be my last CoD game and they pull this on me? I will wait to see if they have fixed the Ps3 version. I don't want no stinking port.

DaBuddaDa

I'm still ok with it looking outdated in exchange for 60 fps on consoles. I'm surprised more people don't give Activision, of all people, more credit for sticking with 60 fps all this time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
re' @Scott_Bromley: Black Ops 2 looks like someone took the lyrics to Ducktales and decided to make a FPS out of it. #Racecars #Lasers #Airplanes

The internet thinkings what I'm thinking before I think it!
perfect! also, duck tales the game. make it.

yo that dialogue was weeeaak.

when they focused on key lines like

'what happens(pause)...when the enemy steals the keys' -___-

and 'they'll always need men like us, those willing to do (pause)...what others can not' -___-

just felt like terrible unexciting dialogue to me.

fuenf

Anyone remember that Activision exec saying that the next CoD would bring "meaningful innovaton"? seems like he wasnt lying.

Day 1.

RoylAsult

i dont want a huge letdown, im skeptical after MW3. if they fix the multiplayer i will be very happy. but regardless and this is the sad truth, ill buy this day 1.

Dreaver

Trailer was pretty shitty.. They should have used a CGI annouchment trailer like the Ghost Recon Future Warfare, but I don't think CoD has ever done a CGI trailer.

Anyways, futuristic certainly is a nice refreshment. I was actually really done with CoD after MW3 but this has me slightly interested.

nomis

Wow that engine is definitely showing its age. Graphically it looks like shit. I'm glad they are at least trying to do something a little different though. That said, I probably won't buy until I can get it really cheap on a steam sale 4 or 5 years from now.

Fucking christ. I'd like to see another big studio try and make their shooter hit 60fps without compromising on textures.

Atruvius

Woods Jr?

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/gBYqM.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/JbXiQ.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.shockblastmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops-Frank-Woods.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Or better yet, his clone! The Les Enfants Teribles project where they cloned the super soldier Frank Woods.

I actually feel like this setting provides a great opportunity for the devs to do some really cool things to the Call of Duty formula. Here's hoping they take some risks with this one, cuz I'm totally digging future-tech revamping its multiplayer.

Awesome stuff. This fall is gonna be too crowded. Wii U is gonna have to wait. Really glad that Treyarch opted to be even more innovative than previously thought. Makes MW3 look like rehashed trash.

Derrick01

Banned
But...but...what about the numbers?!?!

The bad guys stole them and turned our machines on us!

Trailer was pretty shitty.. They should have used a CGI annouchment trailer like the Ghost Recon Future Warfare, but I don't think CoD has ever done a CGI trailer.

Anyways, futuristic certainly is a nice refreshment. I was actually really done with CoD after MW3 but this has me slightly interested.

Wait you actually want them to...NOT show gameplay? The hell??

yo that dialogue was weeeaak.

when they focused on key lines like

'what happens(pause)...when the enemy steals the keys' -___-

and 'they'll always need men like us, those willing to do (pause)...what others can not' -___-

just felt like terrible unexciting dialogue to me.

Are you seriously complaining about dialog in a CoD game?

Card Boy

Banned
I actually feel like this setting provides a great opportunity for the devs to do some really cool things to the Call of Duty formula. Here's hoping they take some risks with this one, cuz I'm totally digging future-tech revamping its multiplayer.

I just some of those 'risks' don't include Predator missiles.

Darknight

So did Mason imagine woods doing the suicide jump to save him? Still baffled how Woods is alive. Might get me to buy it. Not day1. And Robot Zombies, anyone?lol

nomis

Here I was pretty much done with cod for good, and treyarch pulls me back in. So are they the new A team now?

Well unlike Newfinity Ward, they actually have the ability to make balanced, competitive maps. There isn't a single map in MW3 that's 1/10th as good as Summit.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Didn't get MW3 and not sure if I'll get this but it looks way more interesting at least.

Those saying that this looks dated graphically. What exactly are you comparing it to? I think this look about on par with what we're seeing with other console games.

Top Bottom