• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Nick Pal

36495881633_afe50e7505_o.jpg

36472001494_bfd617e23f_o.jpg

Tools: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/MGS5

There are mods available to shoot this game, there are cheat tables, but they're often buggy or not really convenient or lack essential tools like a camera / timestop for cutscenes.

Hence I made these tools, also because it's a lot of fun :) I used Auto-Reply's Cheat table for the DoF feature and will later on implement the time-of-day and weather (can't test that now, as I'm not yet passed the prologue, so have to wait a bit, likely later this week).

Enjoy!

I'm grinning from ear to ear. I put the game on hold after Jan's table broke from the updates and was hoping that some day you'll make the tools for this..huge thanks!

Edit: Just took a quick shot. It's so much easier to use than the Infinite Heaven camera.

by Nick Pal on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4400/36495881633_afe50e7505_o.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4438/36472001494_bfd617e23f_o.jpg

Tools: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/MGS5

There are mods available to shoot this game, there are cheat tables, but they're often buggy or not really convenient or lack essential tools like a camera / timestop for cutscenes.

Hence I made these tools, also because it's a lot of fun :) I used Auto-Reply's Cheat table for the DoF feature and will later on implement the time-of-day and weather (can't test that now, as I'm not yet passed the prologue, so have to wait a bit, likely later this week).

Enjoy!

Thank for this. i always wanted to come back for a screenshot run, but Heaven is a pain in the ass to use. will try this out later the week!

OtisInf

I'm grinning from ear to ear. I put the game on hold after Jan's table broke from the updates and was hoping that some day you'll make the tools for this..huge thanks!
No problem, hopefully they work as intended :)

Edit: Just took a quick shot. It's so much easier to use than the Infinite Heaven camera.
by Nick Pal on Flickr
Nice! Back on flickr? :)

This is good stuff, nice work! I'd be really happy to see ReShade 3 working in MGSV but nope, not going to happen ;(
Thanks, yeah reshade seems to crash, haven't tried it. Will see if I can find the error with a debug build, perhaps it's a minor thing...

Lime

36495881633_afe50e7505_o.jpg

36472001494_bfd617e23f_o.jpg

Enjoy!

I've literally just spent so much time using the cumbersome free camera tool in Infnite Heaven and now you just made an easy one :'( You're the best

Does it work in cutscenes as well?

OtisInf

I've literally just spent so much time using the cumbersome free camera tool in Infnite Heaven and now you just made an easy one :'( You're the best
Glad I could help out :)

Does it work in cutscenes as well?
Of course :) See readme.txt for timestop stuff (stopping is easy, numpad 0, but continuing requires ESC twice, as I couldn't find a way to unpause the game...)

37135257726_3a068b0924_o.jpg

R8TEDM3

What a piss poor demo! We get 3 tracks and 3 cars...THREE?! Ok, well more like 2 1/2 cars, since one is a semi truck lol. Geez, how in the world are they gonna get anyone to buy this game, based off what we get to do in this demo? Wasting 22GB's worth of space and they couldn't even include replay mode at least. I know asking for photo-mode would be too much but c'mon. At least back in a day everyone released demo's that made you wanna buy a game, while these days they're all racing to releasing half baked games with all the glitches and shit (looking at (PCARS 2) and just trying to be the first ones on the market to steal that market share.Not seeing anything worth bagging about in this game, it's basically FM6 with some dynamic weather added on.

On the flip side, game runs like a dream. On only one GTX 1080ti, all settings maxed out, MSAAx2 it runs buttery smooth and locked at 60FPS @ 8k. In the menus it drops to 40FPS but whatever. Still, after gorgeous Forza Horizon 3 i expected much more from Turn 10...maybe Playground would've done better?

Oh well...here's a few pic's!

36497354444_2660294b9e_o.png

36522302673_5421199198_o.png

dr_rus

On the flip side, game runs like a dream.

Seems to suffer from the same issue as FH3 did, with one CPU thread (CPU1 actually) being at 100% load all the time while other threads are somewhat idling. So those with older CPUs will likely run into issues.

Nick Pal

Nice! Back on flickr? :)
Yeah..not much to choose from out there if I want to link to larger files.. so back to the devil it is ;)

Your tools are fantastic man but I struggle with the DOF. I find it's tricky and it takes me a while to get it to my liking.

Some 4K pictures of Carmageddon Max Damage showcasing some tweaks I made in the game file parameters to improve damage feedback and make crashes and crushing more eye-candy

TzUkazL.jpg

kl4ei1y.jpg

OtisInf

Yeah..not much to choose from out there if I want to link to larger files.. so back to the devil it is ;)

Your tools are fantastic man but I struggle with the DOF. I find it's tricky and it takes me a while to get it to my liking.
it's the game's dof, unfortunately, so they provide 2 values, and I cheated and overwrote the lens length (which is used in the fov) in the buffer to be able to get higher blur factors, but there's not something like 'blur amount'. If you're not doing any photography with longer lenses then it's a bit of a struggle I think. See it as this: aperture > 6-7 will give a wider 'in-focus area' while aperture < 6 will quickly narrow it (making the rest blurry). The fov you're using is what decides whether there's any blurring, e.g. if you're using a fov of 30 or smaller, you won't see much blurring as in reality a lens of that length with aperture e.g. of 6 won't get you much blurring as well. For portraits in real life you'd use 50mm or longer and a narrow aperture (5 or lower). So having an area in focus far away, will likely not give you much dof far away either as in reality that never happens, but it will blur close to the camera.

Things like slightly blurring far away that I did in the depth haze shader is something that in real life isn't an artifact of a camera lens: everything beyond 2meters is sharp so the game dof we've to work with here doesn't do that either as it's not an artifact of the lens. The haze in the distance which can look blurry is something else and to mimic that is a struggle I think.

Does that help a bit with the struggle? Likely not (as it's a complex affair with how they implemented it), but it's what I can give you.

Thanks, yeah reshade seems to crash, haven't tried it. Will see if I can find the error with a debug build, perhaps it's a minor thing...

I remember reading that is has something to do with how Konami implemented some weird online hack checkup which engages at the boot of MGSV so when you launch the game with ReShade it's immediately shut down. Though, an ancient ReShade version does work with the game, v0.10.0.602

OtisInf

37162443236_64daa3949d_o.jpg

36540365163_364babb1fb_o.jpg

I remember reading that is has something to do with how Konami implemented some weird online hack checkup which engages at the boot of MGSV so when you launch the game with ReShade it's immediately shut down. Though, an ancient ReShade version does work with the game, v0.10.0.602
Ok :) That's something at least. Odd that they don't detect that old version, but perhaps it hooks into the d3d dlls on a different way. My camera tools hook into the d3d dlls as well, but it doesn't detect that...

Nick Pal

it's the game's dof, unfortunately, so they provide 2 values, and I cheated and overwrote the lens length (which is used in the fov) in the buffer to be able to get higher blur factors, but there's not something like 'blur amount'. If you're not doing any photography with longer lenses then it's a bit of a struggle I think. See it as this: aperture > 6-7 will give a wider 'in-focus area' while aperture < 6 will quickly narrow it (making the rest blurry). The fov you're using is what decides whether there's any blurring, e.g. if you're using a fov of 30 or smaller, you won't see much blurring as in reality a lens of that length with aperture e.g. of 6 won't get you much blurring as well. For portraits in real life you'd use 50mm or longer and a narrow aperture (5 or lower). So having an area in focus far away, will likely not give you much dof far away either as in reality that never happens, but it will blur close to the camera.

Things like slightly blurring far away that I did in the depth haze shader is something that in real life isn't an artifact of a camera lens: everything beyond 2meters is sharp so the game dof we've to work with here doesn't do that either as it's not an artifact of the lens. The haze in the distance which can look blurry is something else and to mimic that is a struggle I think.

Does that help a bit with the struggle? Likely not (as it's a complex affair with how they implemented it), but it's what I can give you.

Oh I see. I figured it had something to do with the game's dof. It looks like complete crap without the higher blur factors you've implemented like someone smeared vaseline over my monitor.

No that makes sense, thanks. I'll bear that in mind. I have no idea how DOF works in real life or on a camera so that's part of the struggle and I just play around with the sliders until it looks ok. It's a bit of a pain to have to set it up each time once you go back in-game..but a small price to pay compared to how easy you've made everything else!

R8TEDM3

Hideo Kojima must be related to Michael Bay...lens flares and explosions everywhere lol. Also, never really paid much attention in previous MG games, but has anyone else noticed during prologue intro how many times it says "directed by Hideo Kojima?" I think i saw it minimum 8-9 times. Guy is in serious love with himself!

Btw, thanks Otis for the camera tools:)

37360500625_5e7b4e52b7_o.png

37170291056_1911b64586_o.png

Top Bottom