• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

For those trying to keep a close eye on sales, also consider that the big marketing push being given by Marvel here is going to be during Marvel's animated stuff which will cause quite a few sales to skew younger on console and also move a lot of those sales toward the holiday.

I don't think this game will do gangbusters but I'm pretty certain the Steam numbers aren't a very good metric at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gamora is so much fun to play. So easy to pull off satisfying looking shit.

Thanos too, goddamn. Hits like a truck.

patchday

Personally speaking, the graphics don't bother me as much anymore. I just know it's one of many things people highlight as a con.

If this game had a much better roster, I have no doubt people would've overlooked the graphics. I think the roster hurt the game more than anything.

The game seems to be doing the best on PS4. Haven't really seen anything regarding XB1.

Graphics always looked good to my eyes. And I think folks are overestimating x-men roster a little. Avengers movies is what my friends talk bout (MCU). Only x-men movie I hear coworkers like is Old man Logan which was great

[edit] I speak only for non-fighting game fans mind you. Not MvC3 vets

TP

People don't think of the graphics as negatively outside of our bubble. I think some actually prefer it.

It's not just enthusiasts that are complaining. Nearly every steam review sorted by "most helpful" on the first page is listing the graphics/models/overall presentation as a negative.

I think one of the big reasons the game isn't doing well on Steam, besides bad pr, presentation, and characters is because although Capcom is saying the game is designed as a service the game right now doesn't really reflect that. PC users have been playing games designed in that way for a long ass time now and Infinite just feels like another console port that's asking for more money on day one with DLC. That $90-$100 for the "complete" edition on day one kind of thing.

When I think of "games as a service" I think of stuff like Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch. Either an upfront cost and free content to continue selling copies of the game/merch/whatever or a free game with loads of new content regularly.

More people might be willing to buy into the game and play it for a longer time if Capcom were to come out and reveal dlc and support plans. New costumes every couple of weeks, new characters once a month, expect balance patches, teases for new story content, updated single player stuff, etc. Make it clear that it isn't just going to be " get ready to give us more money and hope we don't stop supporting the game by next year"

After CD keys refunded my order I was ready to wait for a price drop before buying the game but the announcement of the dlc characters all being out by the end of the year and the exhibition matches changed my mind. Them being upfront about the upcoming characters sold me on a copy at launch.

Dahbomb

Always dash with double buttons when doing these dash cancel combos.

Anyone know specs for the game on PC? What's the minimum specs? Thinking of getting this on my laptop.

Graphics always looked good to my eyes. And I think folks are overestimating x-men roster a little. Avengers movies is what my friends talk bout (MCU). Only x-men movie I hear coworkers like is Old man Logan which was great

This franchise began with the X-Men. Not including them was definitely going to do damage to the game's rep. Wolverine has never missed a game in the entire series, so it looks odd not seeing him, or any X-Men on the roster. No Dr. Doom is also an issue.

Graphics are hit and miss for most people. A lot of the negative (or even positive ones) mostly highlight the presentation and overall look of the game as not being a good one.

Like SFV, I feel like this game would've been much better off with more time in the oven. Oh, well. What's done is done.

brian!

I think the dash is fucking me up. Should I dash with my stick or use LP+HP?

by default you'd want to dash with a button rather than the motion since it enable mobility much better (wavedashing, etc.) but sometimes I'll do the motion because im holding a charge with zero and my super keeps coming out lol

Onemic

Well Logan did come out this year so that should be expected

JayEH

This franchise began with the X-Men. Not including them was definitely going to do damage to the game's rep. Wolverine has never missed a game in the entire series, so it looks odd not seeing him, or any X-Men on the roster. No Dr. Doom is also an issue.

Graphics are hit and miss for most people. A lot of the negative (or even positive ones) mostly highlight the presentation and overall look of the game as not being a good one.

Like SFV, I feel like this game would've been much better off with more time in the oven. Oh, well. What's done is done.

Do the masses even know who doom is though? X men are one thing but those F4 movies never did him justice.

Shadoken

What the actual fuck are those Steamspy numbers?

Either it hasnt updated properly or the audience was never there. I dont think slightly better review scores or graphics could change that number much.

aw shieet im ranked 26 globally
on pc

i dunno what you mean by the latter but he can fly in this game yeah

I mean on Darkstalkers 3 he can fly with the dash, where he floats up as opposed to dashing, like how I-No does Guilty Gear X2, but he could also fly with his Dark Force, which would let him fly freely, like what Devil Triggered Dante and Trish could do on MvC3.

Do the masses even know who doom is though? X men are one thing but those F4 movies never did him justice.

Not sure. At least when it comes to fans of MVC series, I feel like Doom is pretty popular. At one point they were putting Doom in a lot of stuff. I feel like his overall popularity had risen based on that.

I was surprised to see commercials on this during ESPN gameday last saturday, that was probably their entire marketing budget spent. If this game sells poorly its probably because the marketing was awful.

You can't really sell casuals when all the videos and gameplay you put out is made by FGC personalities. That is only hitting the niche crowd who will buy it anyway.

I mean come on, announcing characters via tweet and nothing else?

Anyway, I enjoyed my playtime last night.

Little do people know, that the niche crowd is what Capcom was targeting all along. Just look at how much work was put into the esports aspect of the game. Capcom has cut off casual appeal and going all in with the competitive scene for fighting games.

Like someone just said, the graphics wouldn't have helped much anyway if there are no other modes for casuals to enjoy.

Not that this is a bad thing. Better for Capcom to know their demographic than pretend that they do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ifzmzyR.png

RIP Beginner's Legue ;_;

It's scary out here with the big boys :(

brian!

I mean on Darkstalkers 3 he can fly with the dash, where he floats up as opposed to dashing, like how I-No does Guilty Gear X2, but he could also fly with his Dark Force, which would let him fly freely, like what Devil Triggered Dante and Trish could do on MvC3.

ah yeah the fly up is his dash from the ground which he can cancel with another dash to do a swooping fly. He also can do the qcb+kk to free fly

Ryce

Magneto and Doom are like the Joker and Lex of the Marvel universe. They've been the most popular and prominent villains since the '60s, and they always rank near the top of critic/fan polls.

http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-comic-book-villains/3
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/09/greatest-comic-book-villains/doctor-doom
http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6872391/the-25-greatest-comic-book-villains-of-all-time/page:5

bubumiao

Always dash with double buttons when doing these dash cancel combos.

Anyone know specs for the game on PC? What's the minimum specs? Thinking of getting this on my laptop.

by default you'd want to dash with a button rather than the motion since it enable mobility much better (wavedashing, etc.) but sometimes I'll do the motion because im holding a charge with zero and my super keeps coming out lol

lp+hp

so its forward HP, lp+hp, forward hp
Thanks. I'll have to work on this.

patchday

oh nice! This game has a universal combo system! Didnt know that :)

finished the basic tutorials and been practacing the universal combos and committing that to memory :)

Sigmaah

Is shit in power storm or whatever it's called unblockable?

Jedah did his fucking pinwheel and I blocked and I got it. If that shit crossed up oh my god is it good.

Linari

Neo Member

He has both fly (qcb+KK) and a hover dash similar to Darkstalkers 3.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PC players, if you want to find matches online fast, just go to training, set it to join automatically (you can choose ranked, casual, beginners or ranked/casual) and you will get games much faster.

Probably the same on consoles? I remember Mike ross doing the same on SF4 of all things lol. I dunno why its always like this.

Blues1990

Gamora is so much fun to play. So easy to pull off satisfying looking shit.

Thanos too, goddamn. Hits like a truck.

With regards to Thanos, I think it's hilarious that most of his moves from his MSH's move-set are intact for Infinite. He even launches bubbles with one of the Infinity Stones.

patchday

@Jawmuncher you changed your avatar? Has the dream died for Dino crisis now that game is out?

dont give up I'm gonna sport my Luke Cage avatar for awhile even tho I have like 0.00001% hope he makes it

[edit] Nvm, the new avatar obviously says Regina in it lol!!!!

There is no VSav3. You must mean Darkstalkers 3, which could be either VSav or VSav2.

VSav is the one that first hit Japanese arcades and was in Resurrection, VSav2 was the one that released in the US as Darkstalkers 3.

Yup, thanks for the correction. Always get that messed up haha.

FluxWaveZ

The last of the tutorials are up

Wish these were more about the game plan for these characters and what their overall goal is instead of a simple overview. I find the Infinity Stone section helpful for that, since it gives me an idea how they think the character should operate.

Neonep

Newest episode of Easy Allies Frame Trap, Ben talks about this game and DBFZ. They also have a topic on does it matter if fighting games are ugly.

Durden77

Fuck those pistols shots, cant armor through them, cant do hulk's charge through them, cant pushblock them.

Fuck Gamora.

when are we playing?

I have no idea why they didn't make then push blockable. I mean she gets forward momentum on each air one too. Wtf lol.

brian!

the two adjectives they used to describe jedah were "slice and dice" and "tricky", yeah that about sums it up

some nova tech: yesterday fchamp was showing that the sliding punch he does cant get pushed back with advancing guard; you can always add a normal after this during the blockstring

Blues1990

So, are the Marvel character themes for Infinite orchestrated remixes of their past MVC themes? Because for some reason, they sound incredibly flat.

PSqueak

Banned
So, are the Marvel themes for Infinite orchestrated remixes of their past MVC themes? Because for some reason, they sound incredibly flat.

No, they're new themes in the case of the Marvel A-listers, they mimic their movies.

And yes, it's a downgrade for most characters. Nova's new theme sucks ass.

Rhaknar

Story mode is phenomenal; massive improvement over SF5.

I cant tell if thts sarcasm, but as I was playing it, I was thinking "this is the kind of dumb that Drayco would apreciate"

Top Bottom