• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

It's weird that this was so close to Easter's Eve, if that's a thing, because I have a very specific Cowboy Bebop memory in regards to it.

I remember (I think it was on actually two different Easter's Eves) seeing a specific episode of Cowboy Bebop, but I do not remember what the name was. All I remember is that they were trying to get a vial of something from an old lady, and that there was some scene where the old lady was like in hyperspace, or CB's equivalent to that.

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? I'd actually like to watch that episode tonight, seeing as it'd feel fitting.

EDIT: Hypercpace is actually the correct term! Jackpot! Still would like to know the episode though.

PhiLonius

It's weird that this was so close to Easter's Eve, if that's a thing, because I have a very specific Cowboy Bebop memory in regards to it.

I remember (I think it was on actually two different Easter's Eves) seeing a specific episode of Cowboy Bebop, but I do not remember what the name was. All I remember is that they were trying to get a vial of something from an old lady, and that there was some scene where the old lady was like in hyperspace, or CB's equivalent to that.

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? I'd actually like to watch that episode tonight, seeing as it'd feel fitting.

EDIT: Hypercpace is actually the correct term! Jackpot! Still would like to know the episode though.

"Gateway Shuffle" - episode 4

Izick

"Gateway Shuffle" - episode 4

ibvsaFTVvnaE79.gif

Thank you. I'm going to watch this later on tonight.

/IMG]

Thank you. I'm going to watch this later on tonight.[/QUOTE]

IF, on some random Saturday night, they started up Toonami again at midnight with Ep1 of Cowboy Bebop... I would just start bawling at [URL="[IMG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzdipyCl8r1qfo270o1_500.gif"]DAT INTRO[/URL]:

The memories...
tumblr_lxtf68R6y51qj3p4eo8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lxtf68R6y51qj3p4eo9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lxtf68R6y51qj3p4eo10_r1_250.gif

Izick

Hmm, I wonder how the NeoToonami people took all this news. (They're the ones trying to make a brand new Toonami with mostly new shows, and a decent TOM impersonator.)

I mean, obviously they were or are fans of Toonami, so I would think they'd be excited, but on the other hand, they look like they've put in a lot of time and effort into creating this new show, only to have Toonami come back for a night to lauded praise, which will (hopefully) lead to it coming it on weekly once again.

I wonder if they can co-exist, or if CN will try and go after them legally for using the TOM and Toonami images or whatnot. I guess that can be said for Toonami Aftermath (which is basically repacking old Toonami bumps and shows) as well.

Cranzor

Yeah, I agree. AS Saturday night just isn't the same now.

If it does come back, I'd be down to having a weekly thread for it. It probably won't be like this thread was, but it could still be fun.

That'd be pretty great. I bet a lot of people would post in it.

Izick

FLCL on now :3

Turned it on and there was a chick picking her nose.

Holy shit this is weird. I was about to ask you guys about a show with a girl in a bunny suit I remember seeing at somebody's house, and this looks to be it I think. Weird how things work out like that.

Jintor

Hmm, I wonder how the NeoToonami people took all this news. (They're the ones trying to make a brand new Toonami with mostly new shows, and a decent TOM impersonator.)

I mean, obviously they were or are fans of Toonami, so I would think they'd be excited, but on the other hand, they look like they've put in a lot of time and effort into creating this new show, only to have Toonami come back for a night to lauded praise, which will (hopefully) lead to it coming it on weekly once again.

I wonder if they can co-exist, or if CN will try and go after them legally for using the TOM and Toonami images or whatnot. I guess that can be said for Toonami Aftermath (which is basically repacking old Toonami bumps and shows) as well.

If Toonami is getting into streaming, they will likely crush Aftermath and NeoToonami. Otherwise it'll probably be a bit of a crapshoot

Izick

If Toonami is getting into streaming, they will likely crush Aftermath and NeoToonami. Otherwise it'll probably be a bit of a crapshoot

Well, if they're just doing Saturday Nights, then I could see them still wanting to kill Aftermath, since they'd be going over too similar territory, but I think NeoToonami has mostly new shows, so I don't know if CN, Adult Swim, or Toonami would be threatened by that.

Vrakanox

Turned it on and there was a chick picking her nose.

Holy shit this is weird. I was about to ask you guys about a show with a girl in a bunny suit I remember seeing at somebody's house, and this looks to be it I think. Weird how things work out like that.

Dude if you haven't watched FLCL you should. It's only six episodes long.

Oh and its wierd in Beebop the currency is woolongs but i've been watching a lot of outlaw star where the currency is called wongs. I keep getting those confused.

Izick

I hope it's not false hope.

BELIEVE

Dude if you haven't watched FLCL you should. It's only six episodes long.

Oh and its wierd in Beebop the currency is woolongs but i've been watching a lot of outlaw star where the currency is called wongs. I keep getting those confused.

It's weird, because I have this very short, vivid memory about seeing a girl in a bunny suit that was quite provocative. I remember seeing it, but that's it. It's always been one of those nagging memories.

I'm like 75% sure it's this though, as I can't remember any other animes with bunny suit women, though I'm sure there are obviously more.

Odrion

Banned
I remember when people use to trash on Toonami for the censorship.

It's nice to see that there's a lot of people who have fond memories of it, those intro videos were the best.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I remember when people use to trash on Toonami for the censorship.

It's nice to see that there's a lot of people who have fond memories of it, those intro videos were the best.
Looking back as an adult, Toonami was some of the best-programmed television of all time. The promo videos which have amazing audio mixes alone, the pacing, the visual effects of the ship and Tom and the voice of the incredible Steve Blum, the interstitials with game reviews or messages about little events or holidays, it was all just cut perfectly.

I wish the content had been uncensored, but fuck, you can't mistake quality when you see it. Some of my fondest TV memories as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom