• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

rpcdrag0n

Could either put it on Easy and quickly get through it. Or abuse B-Mode by equipping chips that heal you upon attacking enemies and wail on it repeatedly.

Ya know I completely forgot B-Mode existed! Might give that a bash later, it annoyed me so much I quite like the ideal of just wailing on the bloody thing.

Pilgrimzero

I'm at some part with 9S and some towers. Ready for this game to be over. I think it's near the end.

I've been enjoying it (mostly) (hacking mini game is not fun) (virus stuff can bite my shiny metal ass) but I'm ready for it to end.

Really think the game misstepped by having it end then play again for more of the story. Could have just broken it into actual chapters.

Hope to see more of 2B and 9S (and 2A) in the future. Good characters.

peter0611

The hacking mini game immediately became easier for me once I learned to use the right analog analog stick (I use a Logitech gamepad on PC) to aim the laser. I only used the Dpad until I started the 9S playthrough lol.

The harder levels are still insufferable though and can kiss my black ass. When it's an impossible one I intentionally lose and just hope the next level is manageable.

Also, even if I am more confident in my hacking abilities I much prefer melee or long range combat. Going in and out of that "mode" can get tiresome.

Oh and I know this has likely been said a million times before... the soundtrack is sublime and there is not a single piece I dislike.

pixxxelz

So i just discovered the jukebox, been stuck on this thing listening to the music for almost an hour, guess I'm never going to finish the game now...

The OT title is extremely meta for me since I got the game but apparently a midrange laptop from 2012 is just too weak to handle it, so can't play it even though I dying to

sorathecrow

Neo Member
The OT title is extremely meta for me since I got the game but apparently a midrange laptop from 2012 is just too weak to handle it, so can't play it even though I dying to

I feel for you. It's worth the upgrade/buying a PS4, I can promise that much. Also, nice to see another Fata Morgana fan. The Maid best girl.

I feel for you. It's worth the upgrade/buying a PS4, I can promise that much. Also, nice to see another Fata Morgana fan. The Maid best girl.
Haha, thanks.

Will probably buy a PS4 down the line (several months later- HS student so gotta save up) since I also want to play Death Stranding and Project ReFantasy, finish Persona 5 (got the game, ended up clocking 50 hours during sleepovers), and play through DS3 and Bloodborne. Other stuff like the new SMT is tempting as well, lol.

The Maid is the best indeed. Always glad to see people appreciate Fata Morgana.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
Haha, thanks.

Will probably buy a PS4 down the line (several months later- HS student so gotta save up) since I also want to play Death Stranding and Project ReFantasy, finish Persona 5 (got the game, ended up clocking 50 hours during sleepovers), and play through DS3 and Bloodborne. Other stuff like the new SMT is tempting as well, lol.

The Maid is the best indeed. Always glad to see people appreciate Fata Morgana.

If you already have Persona 5, PS4's the way to go. That alone is a system seller. I mostly play Nier on PC for that sweet sweet 21:9, but that is a path you don't want to go down if you value your wallet.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm just at the part where you
get a scanner of those twins so you can go try find 9S.

i see that a few of my side quests have failed. can i continue them in the next playthrough or will i need to start them again?

Golnei

i'm just at the part where you
get a scanner of those twins so you can go try find 9S.

i see that a few of my side quests have failed. can i continue them in the next playthrough or will i need to start them again?

Failed side-quests have to be restarted from the beginning (that includes the Wandering Couple, even if you've paid them) but completed ones carry over.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Failed side-quests have to be restarted from the beginning (that includes the Wandering Couple, even if you've paid them) but completed ones carry over.

oh ok, thanks!

Edit: so now I'm at the point where I need to
head to pascal's village after the resistance camp is attacked.
it feels like this is the end of the 1st playthrough?

If you already have Persona 5, PS4's the way to go. That alone is a system seller. I mostly play Nier on PC for that sweet sweet 21:9, but that is a path you don't want to go down if you value your wallet.
Yeah, thanks! I'll also be going with consoles from here on out since they last longer for a similar (if not superior) amount of time than a far more expensive PC

Just started up Chapter 6 (and keep getting lost, but that's another story).

Question about crafting items. I've been stockpiling stuff up until this point, but outside of a few weapon upgrades, I'm just collecting more and more stuff with no real use for it all. Should I sell it? Is it super essential that I hold onto every single Crystal, Broken Gear, etc?

sorathecrow

Neo Member
Just started up Chapter 6 (and keep getting lost, but that's another story).

Question about crafting items. I've been stockpiling stuff up until this point, but outside of a few weapon upgrades, I'm just collecting more and more stuff with no real use for it all. Should I sell it? Is it super essential that I hold onto every single Crystal, Broken Gear, etc?

If it says you can sell it in the item description, you can sell it. For everything else, as a rule of thumb I horded everything since upgrading the weapons is a major resource sink, but if you're maxing out on stuff like copper ore you can sell some of that for easy cash. I always like leaving 50+ of everything in stock, though, personally.

I'm in route B and I now understand the title of this thread!

Question. I JUST got the title of this thread. More specifically,
I am back in the bunker as 9S on my way to try and find 2B, I assume.
Roughly how far am I in the game percentage-wise? I'm kind of getting bored with the combat and running from place to place, but I do want to keep going and finish the other endings. I just don't want to keep replaying basically the entire game to do so. Especially, I don't want to redo
The Forest King
area because I keep missing some jumps and it is frustrating!

sorathecrow

Neo Member
I'm in route B and I now understand the title of this thread!

Question. I JUST got the title of this thread. More specifically,
I am back in the bunker as 9S on my way to try and find 2B, I assume.
Roughly how far am I in the game percentage-wise? I'm kind of getting bored with the combat and running from place to place, but I do want to keep going and finish the other endings. I just don't want to keep replaying basically the entire game to do so. Especially, I don't want to redo
The Forest King
area because I keep missing some jumps and it is frustrating!

This is the only time you'll have to replay the game. Except for one minor thing you'll have to redo later. 60-70ish percent, maybe?

pixxxelz

Where do you upgrade the last level of the weapons? I'm pretty far into C and still can't find anyone that can upgrade them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Where do you upgrade the last level of the weapons? I'm pretty far into C and still can find anyone that can upgrade them.

Forest kingdom, at the last save machine
right before the baby king's room,
head right out of the room and you should see a box you can move below you.

Antiwhippy

Wait, what?

Are you talking about the credits? Because the quicker credits is meant to show that it's one of the joke endings.

Also it's more like there's 2 routes left.

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao I might have to make a thread... how can an awesome game just rush things to 5X speed???

If Route A was how it ended, I'd agree, but it doesn't, so all good lol

That said, yea, it is not uncommon to think "That's it?" after beating Route A.

EDIT: Oh, you're referring to a joke ending LOL, whoops

Mediking

Wait, what?

Are you talking about the credits? Because the quicker credits is meant to show that it's one of the joke endings.

Also it's more like there's 2 routes left.

If Route A was how it ended, I'd agree, but it doesn't, so all good lol

That said, yea, it is not uncommon to think "That's it?" after beating Route A.

EDIT: Oh, you're referring to a joke ending LOL, whoops

??? Lol what? I'm confused...

Game said I got Ending A. Statement from SquareEnix PR said to play it again because the story continues.

So I just start a New Game or...?

LotusHD

Banned

Game said I got Ending A. Statement from SquareEnix PR said to play it again because the story continues.

Then never mind... again. Yea, you beat Route A, so press continue on your game file or whatever it's called.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah alright, I got confused at your 5x comment lol.

Yeah just continue from your save with the A ending marked.

Mediking

Then never mind... again. Yea, you beat Route A, so press continue on your game file or whatever it's called.

Oh yeah alright, I got confused at your 5x comment lol.

Yeah just continue from your save with the A ending marked.

Phew...

I wanna talk about that last bit in Ending A...

2B straddling 9S made me go hnnngggggg. Was half expecting a kiss or sex scene.

Route B was kind of a disappointment, I guess. I kind of wanted a lot more progress on the story. I'll start C tomorrow. Hope it is shorter and more different.

For the first part of B, in the
desert area
, right before the boss with
Adam
, are
the robots fucking? it certainly looked like they were pantomiming sex.
Also, at the end of Route B, is 2B's
skirt torn and more revealing?
I don't remember whether those two things were in Route A, but maybe I'm just trying to notice things more.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
Route B was kind of a disappointment, I guess. I kind of wanted a lot more progress on the story. I'll start C tomorrow. Hope it is shorter and more different.

For the first part of B, in the
desert area
, right before the boss with
Adam
, are
the robots fucking? it certainly looked like they were pantomiming sex.
Also, at the end of Route B, is 2B's
skirt torn and more revealing?
I don't remember whether those two things were in Route A, but maybe I'm just trying to notice things more.

Surprised that, of all things, you didn't have anything to say about the holograms, haha.

Yes, 2B's skirt takes damage in that cutscene. I don't think it can ever be intermediately damaged like that in normal gameplay--it's either on or off.

And yes, the robots were trying to make babby. You have to forgive them, they aren't very bright, but they figured it out in a pinch and delivered a healthy baby boy (+1).

Surprised that, of all things, you didn't have anything to say about the holograms, haha.

Yes, 2B's skirt takes damage in that cutscene. I don't think it can ever be intermediately damaged like that in normal gameplay--it's either on or off.

And yes, the robots were trying to make babby. You have to forgive them, they aren't very bright, but they figured it out in a pinch and delivered a healthy baby boy (+1).

I think I'll have questions about them later!

Honestly, it was after I understood the title of this thread that made me kind of think back (which is why both of those things I asked are sort of sex related!). I hope I can finish C this week and go back and read about and listen to podcasts I've skipped.

Edit: Also, the music in this game is great. Some specific songs really remind me of... Chrono Cross, of all games.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
I think I'll have questions about them later!

Honestly, it was after I understood the title of this thread that made me kind of think back (which is why both of those things I asked are sort of sex related!). I hope I can finish C this week and go back and read about and listen to podcasts I've skipped.

Edit: Also, the music in this game is great. Some specific songs really remind me of... Chrono Cross, of all games.

The vocals reminded me a lot of Ar Tonelico and Ghost in the Shell, the female vocals in stuff like the music that plays in the factory in the prologue, and Possessed by a Disease. I love that stuff.

Hektor

https://twitter.com/NieR_JPN/status/890493818482511873

9VtAwQi_d.jpg

Not even sure what game this is for

Golnei

For a second, I thought they were doing Nier Funko Pops. Not sure if this is any better...

Also, is that meant to be Emil or Yoko Taro?

"Beat" the game last night. Absolutely loved it. Fun, engaging, weird - pretty crazy experience overall.

Immediately started up run B, did something wrong immediately, and got a bad ending. Totally confused me, too. Wasn't paying attention and suddenly the game played the end credits super fast and dumped me to the title screen. Literally had no idea what was going on.

Question - how long is run B?

Top Bottom