• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Champions closed beta starts on April 6

I really hope this beta runs for more than 2 weeks. I go away for 2 weeks as of April 7th but can't wait to try this (assuming I get a key)

Skyzard

Banned
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up.

Signed up as both in the US and UK...didn't want to take the risk of region exclusive beta. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems strange to open up registration for a beta that's a few days away but not have any system requirements information.

Edit: The confirmation e-mails aren't coming through. It's been about five minutes now.

JaseC

From what I gathered on twitter there are no confirmation emails.

That certainly explains it! I wonder if I've disqualified myself by signing up twice (registrations were briefly open a few weeks ago).

Skyzard

Banned
^

I got my email:
Thank you for your registration for the Quake Champions Closed Beta Test!

As a final step, please verify that you have signed up for the beta by clicking the link below, or copy and paste the link into your browser window.

-You are now signed up for the Quake Champions Closed Beta Test. Keep an eye on your email for your personal invite.

dimmer

I just got a confirmation email saying I am in the beta and to check my email in the following days for the invitation

JaseC

^

I got my email:

-You are now signed up for the Quake Champions Closed Beta Test. Keep an eye on your email for your personal invite.

Hmm, I wonder if the beta won't be available in all listed territories and those who selected an ineligible one receive nothing. I distinctly recall completing the alpha registration form for Fortnite only to be told that Australia isn't included, so it wouldn't exactly be the first time.

Drain You

So excited for this. Been playing Quake 3 the past couple days and just got my confirmation email. Really do hope for an eventual console release though as I prefer playing my Xbox these days.

Yes. So far anyway.

So far? The whole game is only on PC.

"PS4 Neo & Xbox Scorpio would increase options for id Software, but it’s not about hardware – it’s about that controller"

"Well we can run Quake Champions on consoles now because, you know, it’s just code. But we want to run it really fast, we want to have the full twitch aiming, and we want rocket jumping, which is really hard on consoles – really hard. So we feel that for a competitive game to play at events like QuakeCon, the PC platform is the best. "

"Although, and I mentioned this at E3 where it all got blown out of proportion, I am not completely shutting the door on consoles. It’s just not what we are going to do now, because we would have to change the game. Consoles cannot do the same things [as a PC]."

"This decision is not about the hardware. It’s about how hard it is to play this type of game with a controller."

"PS4 Neo & Xbox Scorpio would increase options for id Software, but it’s not about hardware – it’s about that controller"

"Well we can run Quake Champions on consoles now because, you know, it’s just code. But we want to run it really fast, we want to have the full twitch aiming, and we want rocket jumping, which is really hard on consoles – really hard. So we feel that for a competitive game to play at events like QuakeCon, the PC platform is the best. "

"Although, and I mentioned this at E3 where it all got blown out of proportion, I am not completely shutting the door on consoles. It’s just not what we are going to do now, because we would have to change the game. Consoles cannot do the same things [as a PC]."

"This decision is not about the hardware. It’s about how hard it is to play this type of game with a controller."
Sure! For now! :)

This comment really makes me feel like a console peasent =(.

rainz

Goddamit still hoping to get in!
I need the speed of Quake back in my life!
Can anyone confirm if it is worldwide or just US at the moment?

//ARCANUM

If anyone has an extra code they don't need, please hit me up! I wanna make some Quake Champions content for FloKO.tv. Thanks!

drotahorror

Gonna beg like some others I guess. If anyone has an extra, I'd appreciate one. I would buy into this if Bethesda would offer it.

Top Bottom