• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

_woLf

It's more on the devs that forgot to disable recordings for GameDVR.

Good point. That's definitely a big oversight on their end, too.

When would a game like this even be released? I feel like it'd be BEFORE Halo 5, not after, as surely MS wants to ride the Halo 5 hype right into the holidays. But at the same time, they'd want to build up hype for this as another thing to sell Xbox Ones... August maybe? Or late December?

scitek

Looks nice. I doubt I'd pick up an Xbox One for it, though. At this point, I'm not even concerned about getting this on PC, I'd take the original port put on Steam, to be honest.

When would a game like this even be released? I feel like it'd be BEFORE Halo 5, not after, as surely MS wants to ride the Halo 5 hype right into the holidays. But at the same time, they'd want to build up hype for this as another thing to sell Xbox Ones... August maybe? Or late December?

August makes sense. July/August is probably Fable Legends, Forza 6 in September, Halo in October, Tomb Raider in November.

September?

It's fair to assume that this is a straight up direct capture from the XB1, which compresses the footage to 720/30fps, AFAIK. Also, Gears Of War 1 had camera motion blur, and I don't spot any motion blur whatsoever in this video. So, if I had a wild guess, this could indicate the gameplay is indeed 60fps since motion blur in such high refresh rate isn't quite necessary.

This doesn't look like a remaster at all. It's literally just the same damn game. Also, it's definitely not 60fps in these videos, so I have absolutely no idea why everyone is getting all excited about this. You people are honestly losing your shit falling for this marketing hype.

Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Also, Halo: MCC still doesn't work, so why the hell would anyone want this?

Is anyone else remotely concerned by the fact that it's going to be 2 years into Xbox One's life cycle before we get a new Halo game, and probably 3 years before we get a new Gears game (this remaster doesn't count).

_woLf

September?

Why would they put it out right around Forza and immediately before Halo though?

August makes sense. July/August is probably Fable Legends, Forza 6 in September, Halo in October, Tomb Raider in November.

Completely forgot about Tomb Raider and Fable. That makes a lot of sense then. August gives them enough time to build a marketing campaign after E3, but doesn't cut into campaigns for Forza, Halo and Tomb Raider.

Why would they put it out right around Forza and immediately before Halo though?

Because it's just a remaster? And it appeals to a different audience than Forza?

I mean, this isn't likely to be another big deal remaster like MCC, and closer to every other remaster in the past year, which were more low-key.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looks like gears of war 3 (which i thought was a HUGE upgrade from 1 which was already upgraded in 2) remodeled into Gears of war 1.

2016 to coincide with the 10 year anniversary. Then the new Gears can launch in 2017.

shanafan

hqdefault.jpg

scitek

Looks like gears of war 3 (which i thought was a HUGE upgrade from 1 which was already upgraded in 2) remodeled into Gears of war 1.

It honestly looks a lot like the PC version of the game from 8 years ago, which still looks nice today at 4k/60fps.

This doesn't look like a remaster at all. It's literally just the same damn game. Also, it's definitely not 60fps in these videos, so I have absolutely no idea why everyone is getting all excited about this. You people are honestly losing your shit falling for this marketing hype.

Furthermore, it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that the multiplayer in Gears 1 was not that great. It was great at the time, yes... but Gears 3 had the best multiplayer in the franchise.

Is anyone else remotely concerned by the fact that it's going to be 2 years into Xbox One's life cycle before we get a new Halo game, and probably 3 years before we get a new Gears game (this remaster doesn't count).

Yeah man, people are really falling for the marketing hype of a game that hasn't even been announced. How could they, those sheep.

Jachaos

Looks cool, something I'd get down the line if/when I have the console. Nothing that'll make me rush out and get it but this and MCC would be stuff I'd like because I loved Gears 1 multiplayer and Halo 2 and 3 mutliplayer are my thing. Hopefully the population is still active and the online portions work when the time comes for me to play them.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You guys are getting all hyped for no reason. MS already said this doesn't exist. Those videos aren't even real. This is all a dream probably.

malfcn

No fun allowed? Don't rain on the parade.

He will probably start hyping up the reveal of a new Gears game, and then he will show off the actual new Gears game developed by Black Tusk Studios, and then casually mention "oh, were you expecting something else?", referring to the GoW1 remaster

are we 100% sure this isn't what black tusk is working on full time?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Looks great, I wonder what the price will be. I don't think it will be well received if it is over 29.99$. If it was Gears Judgement remaster, then yea, maybe 39.99$ would fly. But this game is old as hell, from 2006, doesn't matter how good it is, or how much remastering it received.

Top Bottom