• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free 4 Month Google Play Music and YouTube Red Subscription (New Subscribers)

Dammit, these deals always piss me off. I've been a paying subscriber for 6 months and I'm on on a Google Pixel, but no discount for me.

Big fan of Google Play Music and YouTube Red, though.

reKon

Banned
Stop offering me deals that might work when I just got 2 months free of Amazon prime music unlimited for free!

I don't want me free shit to over lap, lol.

Doh! Always new subscribers for these kinda deals. Anyway, it's a good service as I used to use it in the past. I use Spotify now as it works with my Echo and PS4.

Guevara

I joined last year when the were running the same deal. Really enjoying it so far, and YouTube Red is a great bonus.

Obi

Neo Member
Too bad you can't use Google Play music with Alexa. I hate the dumb slapfights Amazon and Google keep having with each other.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Looks like it'll just start charging you once the trial runs out, so set a reminder to cancel if you don't want to pay.

Ghazi

Wish they offered a YouTube Red tier for just no ads at $5 a month or something, would easily bite at that price for how much I use YT.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I will sign up for this this because "hey why the fuck not"...even though I have no intention of ever using it.

Pogonip

Neo Member
It's nice to see this is available to Canada too. I use Spotify already for my music needs, but Youtube Red free for 3 months is a nice get.

DrSlek

Is this just for individual accounts? I just killed my family subscription, but another 4 months free wouldn't be unwelcome.

louiedog

Oooh. Looks like I'm finally eligible again for a free one. I've still got a couple of months left on my free Tidal Hi-Fi subscription though so I'll wait for another 4 months to come along. They do it semi-regularly.

Cuburt

Dammit, I just signed up for a free month trial 3 weeks ago. :/

It's trying to get me to sign up for a family plan.

Anyone that have a plan able to get it to work? Like cancelling and re signing up?

That site is buggy. The first time I viewed it, it was a 2 month offer. Then I refreshed and it became a 30 day offer, I refreshed once more and now the offer is gone

Pogonip

Neo Member
you dont get red in canada

Seems to working well for me? Can access Red videos and not getting any ads. They accepted my Canadian card and everything for the free trial. Just had to put in a ZIP code which is easy to get around.

EDIT: Turning my VPN off gets rid of the Youtube Red logo top corner but I can still access Red videos and not get ads. Turning it on gives my Red logo back. Maybe this is why

Kibbles

Why is it $10.55 after 4 months? PayPal fee? Should I just not use Paypal? Is tax charged? Confused..

edit: ahh didn't know these were taxed.

Pepiope

How does this compare to Apple music? My iTunes credit just ran out. Idk if I want to transfer over allllll my music though :(

5taquitos

How does this compare to Apple music? My iTunes credit just ran out. Idk if I want to transfer over allllll my music though :(
Transferring playlists is generally nbd, local files or music that you've uploaded to Apple Music gets a lot messier.

Pepiope

Transferring playlists is generally nbd, local files or music that you've uploaded to Apple Music gets a lot messier.
I usually don't create playlists. Just add them all to my library. How NBD are we talking?

Apple music on Android sucks so bad. Just never felt like moving songs over.

5taquitos

I usually don't create playlists. Just add them all to my library. How NBD are we talking?
Well if you're just trying to "copy" your streaming library, there are services like Soundiiz that will attempt to match the entire list on Google and then provide you with a Google playlist. So you could add your entire Apple streaming library into a playlist (1000? songs per list) and then match it to Google.

If you're trying to transfer songs that you uploaded that aren't in the Apple Music or Google Music library, you'll need to download them to your computer and then upload them to Google Music.

Top Bottom