• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kellyanne Conway on cuts to Medicaid: 'get a job.'

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I never had a job with an employer-sponsored group plan until this year.
And the only reason the owner implemented it is that he thought we'd need it because Obamacare was going to be repealed.

jelly

A country should go as slow as the slowest person so nobody is left behind. You despicable human being.

Even folks like Ted Cruz realize having insurance benefits through work is a problem when that is the only affordable way to get insurance.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Also, employer-sponsored health benefits are heavily subsidized and were long before ACA.
But I guess that's OK with Republicans because it mostly doesn't apply to poors.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It isn't a given or guarantee that employers have to give these benefits. I'd call you a half-wit, but I know you know what you are saying is morally reprehensible. You resigned yourself to evil.

TAJ

If you're not generating capital for others, you deserve to die.

A big chunk of the time I didn't have employer-sponsored health care I was an actual, literal builder, unlike Trump, despite his boasts.

Dyle

Wow, the White House spokespeople torpedoing this bill already, I wonder how much longer until Trump calls this version extra-mean

Apt101

These four years of Congress and this presidency (if he lasts that long, but regardless) are going to set this country back so much. We can only pray the Democrats get it together, take the Exec and Congress in a majority, and have the spine to fix everything.

zulux21

but I have a job.
and they don't offer medical unless I get a promotion.

luckily I get it through my wife's work but still I don't think I have ever worked a part time job that offers medical, you have to at least be full time and even then it tends to be very basic health coverage.

Lo-Volt

I'm somehow really numb to this, because it's such an old and alienating story. It's also a tall tale: people who rely on benefits or community support usually do work, or are trying to get back into work, or are just as likely to lose their jobs due to circumstances beyond their control. Americans who do work usually do it with bad insurance or no insurance.

And that's how she likes it. Kellyanne is advocating modern administrative serfdom, full stop, and that's always been the American preference. What else is new?

Whatever, sis. Get back on your knees for Donnie.

TAJ

but I have a job.
and they don't offer medical unless I get a promotion.

luckily I get it through my wife's work but still I don't think I have ever worked a part time job that offers medical, you have to at least be full time and even then it tends to be very basic health coverage.

I've only ever worked full-time and I didn't have coverage offered through work.

Maybe she's saying that noone should work for small businesses? Is so then she may have a point... accidentally.

a6ohN.gif

Has anyone noticed how quickly she disappeared from the national media spotlight? She was everywhere for a while then it seemed like she was shuffled off.

Chumly

The fuck? Isn't there 10s of millions of employees that are not offered insurance? That is WITH the Obamacare mandate which trumpcare is getting rid of. So what are people going to do then?

Jombie

Rubes voted these creatures in because politicians were "out of touch."

Where I live, if you don't have BCBS then your insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on and very few employers offer it.

vordhosbn

Banned
I feel so bad for people who voted dem that will be affected by this.

But for republicans..I hope they won't be around to vote next time.

Breads

Banned
What about self employed middle class people that can't get in on bulk deals? We just supposed to hand over 30% or more of our income because some stupid TV lady says so? We should just pretend it isn't an issue and go on with our day?

akira28

oh what if you have a job that pays just enough and doesn't provide benefits, so you're on the ACA?

"get a better job" well then why didn't you say so?

Yeah, do they not remember what happened....?

That happened to the elites, of which they certainly are not. They earned their Wealth. Or their parents did and they love America and that's almost as good.

Not

Banned
Um... doesn't the Senate bill remove the requirement for employers to offer coverage?

She means get a high-enough-paying job to afford ridiculously expensive yet minimal healthcare coverage, even though Republicans currently depend on workers who, if they had their way, would receive lower than minimum wage which as of now doesn't even really let them buy food

Good stuff

Wamb0wneD

"Get a job" is the GOP's "Let them eat cake".

This is probably one of the most true post I've read in a political thread.

Back then the people handled the situation so the shits with those nice advices get fucked.
Nobody is handling it this time.

Yeah, do they not remember what happened....?

Not sure if you're sarcastic but I would say most of them don't know where that sentence comes form, or that it even exists... But even if they did, they know damn well nothing of consequence will happen to them. Ever.

Top Bottom