• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

Maybe someone should email Nintendo and let them know it's ok to upload more than one thing to the eShop every week.

I am excited about that Epic Mickey interview. First footage of Power of Illusion?

giggas

Colors is pretty cool. I've been "playing" it for review, so while I'm technically not allowed to talk about it until 12PM, I can share the pictures/videos I made with it with you guys since they're on the Colors! Live website.

I made some Kid Icarus art since I'm obsessed with Uprising at the moment
http://colorslive.com/details/60209-I'm_Finished!_by_shamoozal.php

and I did a Contra one based on designs I'm using for a Contra animated short I'm working on
http://colorslive.com/details/60218-Contra_Attack!!_by_shamoozal.php

I tried really hard to make the depth look nice on the Kid Icarus one. With the Contra one I was more interested in trying my hand painting, but I still gave the depth some thought.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I used to boot up my 3DS eagerly every Thursday for the latest eShop update.
I don't think I've touched it much at all since February. Just added RE: Revelaitons and Tales of the Abyss to my backlog and that's about it.

This week clearly is no different.

Nintendo clearly doesn't care whether we're active 3DS owners or not.

Colors is pretty cool. I've been "playing" it for review, so while I'm technically not allowed to talk about it until 12PM, I can share the pictures/videos I made with it with you guys since they're on the Colors! Live website.

and I did a Contra one based on designs I'm using for a Contra animated short I'm working on

I tried really hard to make the depth look nice on the Kid Icarus one. With the Contra one I was more interested in trying my hand painting, but I still gave the depth some thought.

Very nice work

Ooooh, that Kid Icarus one was yours? I watched the process of it coming together not too long ago actually. Nice work.

Incorrect choice.

The 'correct' choice being? < _ <

What I meant to say was that I expected to get hooked on it right away like I did with Picross, but it's not happening... Maybe it'll suddenly click later.

Also, question! At what time does the American eShop usually update?

It takes a while to get good, just because the first puzzles are all very easy. Once you have to actually think about the solution, it's a lot better.

Indeed. I found the enforced tutorial stages with all the protracted conversations to be wearisome but once past those it's straight on puzzling, which after all was what I was there for! Stick with it goli. You might as well now that you've paid for it!

Maybe someone should email Nintendo and let them know it's ok to upload more than one thing to the eShop every week.

I am excited about that Epic Mickey interview. First footage of Power of Illusion?

Just watched it, no footage unfortunately but it did show the screenshots we've seen in 3D, the 3D effect in the video was very minor but you could still tell it looked good.

BooJoh

Maybe they'll announce GBVC for 3DS at E3 this year.

Seriously though, it sucks that any other 3DS release - whether it's a 3DSWare, 3D Classic, or NES VC we've had on Wii for years/as an ambassador freebie - means no GBVC.

Is the upcoming catalog of eShop releases really so slim that they have to drag it out like this?

Sunday, March 25 2012 was an important day for Nintendo Download fans: the three year anniversary of the SD Card menu! :) I made a little gif to honor the milestone which I posted a few years ago. Hehe ;)

indiana-jones-fridge-neverforget-1.jpg

Morts

I'm honestly baffled by the release schedule. Do they actually think they'll cannibalize sales by releasing two games on the eShop at once? Not everyone is interested in everything. If they had put out two games today, they would've doubled their chances of getting some of my money! I had such grand dreams of a classic Game Boy collection on my 3DS...

I'd love to see some investigation though into how much work it takes to get a VC game up and running.

Henke

I had no idea there was a WiiWare version. Was that any good? Regardless, it does look like a really cool use of 3D.

Capndrake

Europe will also get The Legend of Zelda for non-ambassadors on 3DS VC next week, according to the Nintendo Channel. Nothing else listed right now (Besides SSF2).

Super duper. I've barely touched my 3DS while Ive been so busy with end of term uni work, but I'll download the demo so I can give it a bash if I get a free hour. :)

No, there's a Wiiware demo of the first game on the Wii Shop mate :).

Hope you're paying more attention to your dissertation that you are to my posts! :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Direct links to .mpo for those who want to get the tasty morsel sooner:

http://colorslive.com/pictures/000/006/020/60209/60209.mpo
http://colorslive.com/pictures/000/006/021/60218/60218.mpo

ed: holy muchkinks!

Henke

No, there's a Wiiware demo of the first game on the Wii Shop mate :).

Hope you're paying more attention to your dissertation that you are to my posts! :p

Oh hell, that's a sure sign that I'm needing a break. I hope the dissertation I handed in a week ago makes more sense than my posts....

:(

BowieZ

Banned
Europe will also get The Legend of Zelda for non-ambassadors on 3DS VC next week, according to the Nintendo Channel. Nothing else listed right now (Besides SSF2).
Yay! Time to play it through! With Restore Points of course! Also hopefully will have the funky TV icon!

Koroviev

It's like Nintendo is allergic to VC success on the 3DS. I don't want any lousy NES/Gameboy games, I just want to be able to buy the Fire Emblem games already /:

Roto13

Still no fucking Mutant Mudds on Europe eShop!

Oh my god I wish you people would stop bitching about fucking Mutant Mudds. They're working on it, ok? It takes time. They're a small team. It won't be out any time soon, and whining about it constantly isn't going to make it come out any sooner.

Every other goddamn post is complaining about Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV and it's getting so damn old.

I think it's about time Nintendo starts trying to get some third party VC games up for 3DS.

Seriously, Square-Enix alone is sitting on so many amazing RPGs for Gameboy.

It's pretty much free money.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Oh my god I wish you people would stop bitching about fucking Mutant Mudds. They're working on it, ok? It takes time. They're a small team. It won't be out any time soon, and whining about it constantly isn't going to make it come out any sooner.

Every other goddamn post is complaining about Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV and it's getting so damn old.
Where's my Sakura Samurai and Colors! 3D, goddamit!

lol @ complaining about one set of complaining in a Nintendo Downloads thread being more annoying than the others.

80% of the thread seems to be someone bitching about something, whether its a missing NTSC game or a slow PAL release - the just general theme is WHY DO YOU SUX SO MUCH AT VC NINTENDO!

Its justified, Nintendo just keeping the slack equal so everyone can contribute.

Henke

Where's your goddamn Wario Land?!

Now you know how everyone else feels when Americans are all "Waah PAL land has two more Virtual Console games than us! Where's my Wario Land?"
Two?

Dr. Mario
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Kirby's Block Ball
Prince of Persia
Trip World
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Edit: And it just gets worse when you consider Japan:

Game & Watch Gallery 2
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quarth
The Castlevania Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
The Sword of Hope
Tumblepop
Wario Land II

Oh hell, that's a sure sign that I'm needing a break. I hope the dissertation I handed in a week ago makes more sense than my posts....

:(

You used up all your cogency points in your dissertation so you have none left for the posting on message board gameplay in this great RPG of life.

I'm sure it will be fine young padawan :).

Oh and when has whining and a sense of entitlement been restricted to just one sales territory? :/

OMG Aero

Be it Europeans complaining about delayed eShop titles or Americans complaining about delayed VC games, you can't have a Nintendo Download thread without complaining. It's tradition!

Henke

You used up all your cogency points in your dissertation so you have none left for the posting on message board gameplay in this great RPG of life.

I'm sure it will be fine young padawan :).

Oh and when has whining and a sense of entitlement been restricted to just one sales territory? :/

I can't read good no more.

I'll be splashing out on some 3DS downloads come the 1st of May though. What a relief that day will be.

Roto13

Where's my Sakura Samurai and Colors! 3D, goddamit!

Colors is being bug tested with the new languages.
Now you know how everyone else feels when Americans are all "Waah PAL land has two more Virtual Console games than us! Where's my Wario Land?"

Wario Land should be out right now. There's no reason for it not to be. They're probably just sitting on it at this point. There should be more virtual console releases in general. Unlike new 3D games, they don't have to create new content for a 20-year-old Virtual Console game.
lol @ complaining about one set of complaining in a Nintendo Downloads thread being more annoying than the others.

80% of the thread seems to be someone bitching about something, whether its a missing NTSC game or a slow PAL release - the just general theme is WHY DO YOU SUX SO MUCH AT VC NINTENDO!

Its justified, Nintendo just keeping the slack equal so everyone can contribute.

Fun fact: Nintendo doesn't make the 3D games people are bitching about. (Except Sakura Samurai.) PAL versions take time. Especially for tiny developers. They're not out because they're not ready. Meanwhile you have people acting like every week it's a coin flip. Maybe this will be the week Mutant Mudds comes out in Europe! And maybe I'll walk into a Best Buy and Bioshock Infinite will be out. Except obviously not, because that's stupid.
I like how constant posts like this are cool, but posts about VVVVVV and Mudds from the european crowd arent and warrant a rant.

Yeah, I like how you can't tell the difference between a PAL version of a new game and a Virtual Console game. It's cute.

Top Bottom