• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

In the end, IN THE VERY END, I would like to know exactly what happened. Most of us will have our orders fulfilled, unbelievably late or otherwise and there isn't much we can do at this point.

But I wonder the real, the honest reason how this happened, why this happened, where the mistake was made.

Sushigod7

NOOOOOOO, my order on Namco's site now says I ordered the SOLD OUT edition all those months ago. I've been had. :(

Mine are two different addresses. Will that be a problem? They can ship to either, that's not an issue.

Are you being serious? I can't tell if your joking I hope you are.

Yay, just got my guide from Amazon!
Still no game yet tho, lol

Pic Link

We need inside pictures buddy start taking more!!

FSLink

Banned
In the end, IN THE VERY END, I would like to know exactly what happened. Most of us will have our orders fulfilled, unbelievably late or otherwise and there isn't much we can do at this point.

But I wonder the real, the honest reason how this happened, why this happened, where the mistake was made.
The reason is Digital River is incompetent.

Do you work for digital river or something? Your use of the word chillax in normal talk is delayed about as badly as there shipping, only years late.

On a slightly more serious note, when I paid extra money for next day shipping they weren't stopping me saying it will be the next day after we decide to send it and not the release date, are you sure you want to choose this setting? If I pay extra money for a service of course I expect for that service to be upheld.

The fact that they tucked a small line of text away on there awful site stating that it would ship sometime after the 22nd doesn't make them exempt from criticism particularly when there is bound to be plenty of people who don't see said text. I am an impatient person who paid extra to have them accomodate said impatience.

well you already paid for it, and it was there right after the payment, so why complain about not getting it on release date? if you're that impatient, then you should've cancelled your order and got a regular copy on release date. everyone who ordered the wiz ed has to wait out anyway. your complaining won't make it ship faster for it was already set in stone that they'll ship it after the 22nd. it's been there the moment we all paid. we've already known it for days and days, so just accept that fact for it's not going away any day. besides, they're shipping it a day after the release date. BIG DEAL. some of use have waited for a year for this game to get here, then waited more because of the delay. meanwhile we get people who just saw ign's review and decided to get the wiz ed and now they're impatient as hell. what gives? that service says 1-day shipping, never did it say it will arrive one day after release date. they made it clear they'll ship orders after the 22nd. all the complaining about not getting it on release date will go nowhere. complain if you don't get it by tomorrow.

Himself

I ordered mine 07/01, have the e-mails regarding the change in release date and my credit card was charged back then. Now the website is saying OUT OF STOCK when I enter my e-mail and I my order number apparently doesn't exist. WTF is going on here. I will be furious if I end up not getting this.

Takuya

Banned
Honestly, those who used Paypal need not worry. You'll get your money back from them if DR can't prove they shipped out your order (whether you receive it or not).

well you already paid for it, and it was there right after the payment, so why complain about not getting it on release date? if you're that impatient, then you should've cancelled your order and got a regular copy on release date. everyone who ordered the wiz ed has to wait out anyway. your complaining won't make it ship faster for it was already set in stone that they'll ship it after the 22nd. it's been there the moment we all paid. we've already known it for days and days, so just accept that fact for it's not going away any day. besides, they're shipping it a day after the release date. BIG DEAL. some of use have waited for a year for this game to get here, then waited more because of the delay. meanwhile we get people who just saw ign's review and decided to get the wiz ed and now they're impatient as hell. what gives? that service says 1-day shipping, never did it say it will arrive one day after release date. they made it clear they'll ship orders after the 22nd. all the complaining about not getting it on release date will go nowhere. complain if you don't get it by tomorrow.

None of that stuff has any bearing on the stuff I am complaining about. I am complaining about a lack of communication, lack of transparency prior to the order going through as well as after, the awful layout of there website and the fact that to even see your invoice you have to go to a second seperate website to have it redirect back to the namco store website and countless other asinine things I have had to deal with in this day and age.

I am not trying to will the game to my doorstop by complaining, of course it will get here when it gets here but that doesn't make it any less frustrating and constantly telling someone who is frustrated that there reasons for being frustrated aren't valid is kind of annoying.

If you think there service is anywhere even REMOTELY close to the levels that are normal among online vendors then you really haven't ordered very much online before.

lesson: use paypal + debit card.

even on PSN i have troubles validating my billing address and that creates conflict.

most likely they accepted everything then the computer validated it later on but saw that some don't match so the computer automatically cancelled it. those who used paypal+debit never had any problems..

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I paid an obscene amount for expedited shipping.
I did not pay extra for obscene shipping.

DR sucks balls. Has for years, without improvement.

Hobbun

Are the people who are getting they're orders cancelled ones who paid with a credit card/debit card? I paid with Paypal and payment was already finalized when I placed the order so I'm hoping no issues arise.

I paid with my debit card, it was charged (but still pending), and my order was not cancelled. At least not as far as I know, never received any cancellation email and the info page with my order says “Boxed Shipment”.

At least it did last night, haven’t looked since then. And can’t look now as I am at work and the site is blocked.

Also, I hope having a different mailing and shipping address is not a problem. I mean they gave the option for it.

GringoJB

Paid with CC here during the on-sale just a few days ago... still have the pending charge on the CC, and the DR order is still "Order in process" with the "sold out" text in the product description (Just adding my story to the pile in case it helps validate anything/anyone)

Sushigod7

Dude you just have to stop trying I tried to get the complaining to stop but it keeps going. People are angry and impatient I understand why but it's pointless anyone who paid attention to this thread during the Ninostarter would have known DR was handling and they do a horrible job. I'm not at all surprised with the lack of communication that's how they roll. It was one of the reasons I didn't order last year but with the restock it was to tempting. I paid for one day service as well while this situation sucks we will get our products and be happy we waited.

madhtr

Yeah.... my issue is a bit weird... I had a pending charge up until last night, then I got all my money back, but no emails canceling it or anything. Should I call? If so, what's the number again?

Yeah.... my issue is a bit weird... I had a pending charge up until last night, then I got all my money back, but no emails canceling it or anything. Should I call? If so, what's the number again?

I've had pending charges disappear and turn into real charges the next day. Happens often with bills I pay online.

Sushigod7

To assist you in placing your order, you may contact customer service
at:

•US and Canada (toll-free within the US, MX and CA): 1-877-232-4588
866-585-3251 (Canada,US)
952-908-4150 (Iternational)

I did the pay pal back in July. So I'm charged. My shipping is even 17 bucks so guess that was next day shipping? I just hope it gets here otherwise I'll have to be forced to go to paypal and make a dispute, etc. And I really don't want to do that. In the meantime I'm just playing a regular edition.

Toth

Hmm my debit card still has not been charged as of last night. If I do not hear anything by tomorrow, I may just bite the bullet and buy a copy from GameStop. Can I return it after I get my wizard copy or is that too shady? I was thinking of putting it on eBay otherwise as an almost used copy.

Balb

Hmm my debit card still has not been charged as of last night. If I do not hear anything by tomorrow, I may just bite the bullet and buy a copy from GameStop. Can I return it after I get my wizard copy or is that too shady? I was thinking of putting it on eBay otherwise as an almost used copy.

You can't return it if you open it. Unless you buy it used somehow.

Was a debit card. I have a feeling that the fact it was "cancelled" might have been a misnomer, just a way to cover the fact there was an error. Being able to re-purchase a "sold out" item seconds after it was "cancelled" seem to be a bit odd.

did they have you place a new order? that's what they did in my case, i'm still waiting on the confirmation email.

mjc

I called up customer service and they said my order was in process of being shipped. I still haven't received a confirmation email about anything though. It amazes me how an online company can function this way in 2013.

LiK

Ordered in July. I assume everyone's invoice looks like this.

EC6ADD89-0B83-44B7-9259-E92E1D338476-1419-00000236E25955D5.jpg

someone posted on Namco's FB post, 19 hours ago.

"Just spoke with a digital river supervisor who finally cleared the air. Key Points:

- Shipping information emails will go out over the next 24 hours, and products begin shipping today (some people may have already received their information.)
- Digital River is in process of attempting to produce a press release/facebook post regarding this issue, it has to clear management first.
- Namco Bandai themselves, though many people already know this, are not responsible for order shipping/fulfillment, Digital River is processing orders as fast as possible, though a number of issues are rising regarding payments as credit cards are charged on the day the order is processed and not on the day of the receipt of the order.
- Front line agents are either not given this information, or distributing misinformation based on call floor rumours. If you're in doubt, ask for a supervisor. Supervisor wait times are upwards of 1/2 an hour."

LiK

someone posted on Namco's FB post, 19 hours ago.

"Just spoke with a digital river supervisor who finally cleared the air. Key Points:

- Shipping information emails will go out over the next 24 hours, and products begin shipping today (some people may have already received their information.)
- Digital River is in process of attempting to produce a press release/facebook post regarding this issue, it has to clear management first.
- Namco Bandai themselves, though many people already know this, are not responsible for order shipping/fulfillment, Digital River is processing orders as fast as possible, though a number of issues are rising regarding payments as credit cards are charged on the day the order is processed and not on the day of the receipt of the order.
- Front line agents are either not given this information, or distributing misinformation based on call floor rumours. If you're in doubt, ask for a supervisor. Supervisor wait times are upwards of 1/2 an hour."

alright, here's hoping we start getting emails soon.

I just want my damn Wizard's Companion already! I have the game and am loving it, but the game references the Wizard's Companion every few hours and I'd like to just bust out the physical version and look through it instead of the in-game PDF's (which are glorious, mind).

Sushigod7

Got my strategy guide yesterday. It's really a nice piece of work, I think you are going to like it.

I think so to glad I decided to get this was going to skip it when I got the WE.

On a separate note have you guys seen what WE are going for now on eBay? Wow it's getting crazier by the day over there. I can't believe 250 to 300 is the norm, this kind of demand isn't something I've seen from a game in awhile. One with a guide is about to break 300.

does bestbuy still pricematch amazon? or was just a holiday thing?

i'd rather not go through fry's...

they do still. but bestbuy.com says 3-5 days for store pickup for my location. YMMV. they may or may not have it in store. Target may be doing price matches but i don't remember if they even carry guides.

i think i'll stop by later after work to see.

Sushigod7

I think someone here talked to customer service yesterday and he said the shipping emails should go out by the end of today. So I believe that part of the post.

they do still. but bestbuy.com says 3-5 for store pickup for my location. YMMV. they may or may not have it in store.

i think i'll stop by later after work to see.

1 out of 15 bestbuys have it near me. otherwise it's 3-5 as well.

i'll see if i can stop by after work to place an order and price match.

Hobbun

I think so to glad I decided to get this was going to skip it when I got the WE.

I always collect the guides with the games, when they do a good job with them. And a well done collector's guide is a no-brainer for me. :)

On a separate note have you guys seen what WE are going for now on eBay? Wow it's getting crazier by the day over there. I can't believe 250 to 300 is the norm, this kind of demand isn't something I've seen from a game in awhile. One with a guide is about to break 300.

I think it's nuts. That's about what I saw it at the other day, as well. The only cheaper ones was WE's being bid on (not full price yet) or copies in the UK. Not sure why UK copies are cheaper, more copies produced?

I don't know how many were printed, at least for NA, but I think trying to find a sealed WE, even a couple of years from now, the price is going to be in the stratosphere.

Top Bottom