• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryt

Damn I just turned 27. Too old for that pass :( Going to Japan and having a Japan Rail Pass was the best thing ever.

iphys

I feel like at this point we really need another thread. It would make everyone happier. People (I'm one of them) could go there and whine as much as they want about shipping problems and other non-gaming related issues and we could focus in this thread on the actual deals.

What do you all think ?

Been thinking the same thing. It's too easy for people to miss deals when the last deal is hidden back behind two pages of shipping and random discussion.

How do returns work for console bundles? Like for the PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle I assume it's just a digital code. So if you return the console with the code used do they deduct the game full price from your refund?

iphys

Umm, how do you test if your Joycons are broken? My Switch is still in its box. lol

Go to system settings and test the analog sticks on each Joy-Con by slowly spinning it in circles and walking away from the system to make sure it continuously registers the motion and doesn't start sticking in one place and then skipping.

I'm wondering if WalMart will price match that $288 PS4 at superstore. The no-tax thing might fuck it up though.

GST refunds come through here in april (~$100) so that's like a ps4 for not even 200 out of my pocket

I'm wondering if WalMart will price match that $288 PS4 at superstore. The no-tax thing might fuck it up though.

GST refunds come through here in april (~$100) so that's like a ps4 for not even 200 out of my pocket
Even if walmart won't Bestbuy SHOULD, I picked up a wii u a couple years back when it was still FS but it was a price match for superstore, 249.99+ no taxes

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Go to system settings and test the analog sticks on each Joy-Con by slowly spinning it in circles and walking away from the system to make sure it continuously registers the motion and doesn't start sticking in one place and then skipping.
Looks like I'm good, yay.

At Amazon, the Zodiac Age steelbook was listed at $79.99. But it's $64.99 at Best Buy, same price as the standard. Interesting.

I took a Prime trial to lock in the Zodiac price error, but I'm probably going to cancel. Don't think I buy enough new games to justify the $80. Plus, I kinda want to go digital with FF12 because I'm in love with the theme you get for pre-ordering and from what I recall Square is unreliable on selling those separately.

Taking advantage of Prime while I have it though, just picked up Kingdom Hearts for $39 (Prime + $20 Amazon gift card for signing up for their Visa).

teeg

Did anyone receive that eShop credit from that eBay seller from yesterday yet?

The seller left me positive feedback, but I did not receive any email or messages with the codes.

ElNino

Since we've established today that this thread is populated with old timers: remember the good old days before the internet when mail order items took 4 to 6 weeks
or longer
for delivery?

Picture it: Rural Canada, February 1990
"Hey man, Nintendo Power says Super Mario Bros 3 is rad"
"I know, I just ordered it from the Sears Catalog. It cost me $95 and I'll have it in just 6 weeks"
"Awesome!"
I preferred Consumers Distributing, but the Sears catalog was good to look though.

Don't know how to beat a particular level/boss? Hightail it to your nearest bookstore and look in an unofficial guide.
Or you could call the hotline.

Since we've established today that this thread is populated with old timers: remember the good old days before the internet when mail order items took 4 to 6 weeks
or longer
for delivery?

Picture it: Rural Canada, February 1990
"Hey man, Nintendo Power says Super Mario Bros 3 is rad"
"I know, I just ordered it from the Sears Catalog. It cost me $95 and I'll have it in just 6 weeks"
"Awesome!"

I grew up in a town of 4000 people in northern Ontario. I know all about this feeling lol

AzerPhire

Fucked up both my Orzly screen protectors. I am very bad at this. At least there's Prime shipping now for rounds 3 & 4...

Make sure to do in a steamy bathroom (Run a hot shower for 5-10 minutes) to eliminate any dust. Give the screen a good cleaning before hand and you should have no problems.

Magnus

XII Steelbook is still $31.63 each for the three copies I ordered. (Ontario)

All this age talk gives me anxiety and I'm only 25.

Relax. Some of us are in our THIRTIES. *gulp* Goodness hopes my knees and back don't give out today.

No but srsly all my knee and back troubles started when I hit 29 =/

Make sure to do in a steamy bathroom (Run a hot shower for 5-10 minutes) to eliminate any dust. Give the screen a good cleaning before hand and you should have no problems.

I tried that out for my 2nd attempt and it worked like a charm... too bad I put it on completely crooked and didn't notice until it settled.

teeg

Still haven't gotten my $5 eShop codes.

Same here. I messaged the seller to ask about when I should expect to receive them. No response yet.

Most sellers for this kinda stuff on eBay send pretty quickly. The listing states they sold 120 of them. So it may take some time to scratch off the cards and type out all the codes.

Sora_N

Relax. Some of us are in our THIRTIES. *gulp* Goodness hopes my knees and back don't give out today.

Ehh I turned 30 in December and no knee and back issues. I screwed up lifting recently though so there's that.

JDH

Still haven't received my Orzly protector from Amazon.com yet. Expected date was March 28th, so @ 2 days later, when should I send an inquiry?

I have the Hori plastic one on my Switch for now, but man i'm so tired of waiting for the glass one!

Still haven't received my Orzly protector from Amazon.com yet. Expected date was March 28th, so @ 2 days later, when should I send an inquiry?

I have the Hori plastic one on my Switch for now, but man i'm so tired of waiting for the glass one!

order one from .ca instead, it takes 2 days now, I know because I waited 3 weeks+ for my first order, fucked up both screens that came with it while applying them. ordered again and it took 2 days. I was able apply it flawlessly this time BTW, it looks beautiful and so much better with tempered glass on.

I forgot what the rule was, but yes I think it's a couple of days after the expected last date. Maybe if it doesn't arrive on Friday go ahead and send the message through Amazon. I did mine already.

Dazzler

I've had a similar experience. I play quite a lot of soccer and weightlifted all through my 20s. Since I've hit 30 I've torn a labrum in my hip and can't lift weights anymore because my upper back is so messed up I get pretty bad tension headaches. Not ideal

Turned 45 last december. You're not the oldest member :)

woohoo-for-pinterest-CD0xix-clipart.jpg

leeman

Between your persona avatar and helpful posts, you're essentially the forum MVP.

Happy to help :).

A quick note though, BB updated their times to noon PST instead of 10:30. I updated my original post but in case you are hunting one or the other just keep that in mind :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom