• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm in such a dilemma here...I just built my beast 4 months ago (SLI 1080's) and really considering this on PC. The alternative is my PS4 Pro, I'm just not sure!

I just don't know if I can pass up 4k 60 FPS (It better support this!!)

All my friends who play are staying on ps4, that's the only thing holding me back...

I'd also love to try Mass Effect MP in 60fps... maybe I'll play it on both systems...

lazerfox

Is there a comparable game on consoles that runs at 60 fps?

There isn't one but if someone can pull it off then it's Bungie.

I hope they'll make a PS4 Pro, Scorpio mode which will run at 60fps.

I mean it's already there with the PC version they only have to optimize the game.

Boke1879

I mean if they didn't bother making a great boxart you can only guess how the game must be. Honestly so far to me it looks like this will just be another expansion pack but we'll see... interested to see gameplay but so far zero hype.

Wait what? You inferred all that based on the boxart?

a harpy

next to the Paracord i'm thinking they mean a solar powered textile usb charger,
01-portable-solar-battery-charger-anker-powerport-630.jpg

Oh, yeah, that would make sense. I didn't think that initially because it lists the "usb charger with solar panel" as a separate item.

I think that's a dumb thing to put in a CE, but I'm still in for the bag and collectibles like the map and whatnot. I hope "pawns from the Empire" means small, plastic pieces of the major Cabal figures.

Bold One

Man, I am really amused by all this boxart hate.

Yes, it's not the most interesting boxart but the worst ever? Are you serious?

Also, honest question: does the boxart have any influence in whether you buy a game or not? It has never been a factor in my case.

It is such an unimportant factor in my opinion (I mean, I look at them for 2 seconds while swapping games) that it's weird to see people reacting this way.

It's a gaming side Destiny thread...
MouHuh.png

KodaRuss

I really want a steelbook version but I bought this digitally last time and it really makes sense to get this game digitally as I am planning on playing for a while.

I love getting info like this, but man, these recent leaks have to be frustrating for Bungie!

To be fair that's the risk you take when sending out assets to retailers beforehand. At this point publishers should expect things to be leaked.

As for what's been shown so far, very excited to get back into Destiny. Now just need to decide between the PC and PS4 versions.

a harpy

I love getting info like this, but man, these recent leaks have to be frustrating for Bungie!

Not to mention the source of the information allegedly getting fired over this, and the circumstances guilting the Universo Destiny writer into just about quitting.

This leak... is not a good leak. It's not even interesting information*. It's stuff that'll probably be revealed in some hours today.

edit: *Well. It's really interesting to me... but I mean in the grand scheme of things that could be leaked about the game.

Kalamoj

Nice, this will be the first digital game I buy for full price.
After the first game I see no point to have it on disc.

Tovarisc

0a6aaab274ad68fffa5b2458f0a7dc80a69d3d341ab959b099a9a7f328be022e_1.gif

Lol man this gif is old

Man that live action trailer was cheesy.

I tried to leave the game, but I think I never did.

We have mysterious uncharted planets in our solar system? What?

Yes. During Golden Age humanity spread into our solar system, from planets to moons. Building cities, research centers, bunker complexes for Warminds etc. Most of that knowledge was lost during collapse shrouding them in mystery because no one remembers they exist anymore.

Why does the collectors edition have a pocket for a tablet and a solar powered USB charger!?

This must hint at something to do with functionality in the game, or something? It can't just be random tech "goodies" that they've thrown into the package.

Tovarisc

Seriously, as hyped as I am for this, the first two DLC's were absolute dogshit for the money.

I got 30€ worth of entertainment from them, easily. I put... 130-140€ down for D1 + 2x DLC + TTK and got 909 hours out of it.

thinking of it, but I get this feeling PC community won't be as close to big as console and fizzle way sooner esp. if I buy no DLC

PC will never compete with consoles when game is multi-platform, that is just a fact. Also even if you get console version, but not DLC you will get left behind.

Hm... I really felt like I missed out on the collector's edition for the first game, but the description for this doesn't sound too appealing to me. Even if it is, it'll have to be really amazing to make me buy a physical copy of the game. I honestly wish they would just start offering games like that with your choice of physical or digital copy.

giphy.gif

Seriously, as hyped as I am for this, the first two DLC's were absolute dogshit for the money.
That's like your opinion, I played the game on two systems and it's the only game I played for 2 years straight. I rather pay up front.

Destiny, a game that saves me money because I don't play anything else besides it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom