• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
Jarate way too excited about number 1 pick for sixers

But I think he deserves it after suffering for so long man

Gorillaz

I'm actually hype to see what could happen with the Sixer. Was always a iverson and Sixers guy growing up so hopefully they can make decent moves

Sanjuro

Finishing up this documentary for Celtics/Lakers. Loved the moment where Russell was doing analyst work and with Bird/Red in the locker room.

Red - I don't know why you have me here, I didn't score any points.

Bird - You're overpaid.

Documentary doesn't have anything groundbreaking, and has some pretty generic commentary with Ice Cube and DANNIE. Still good though.

Kickz

it7ZOdGf3vshog4axpm4u1EurJa15rKjRzscYOgyMzk.jpg

NBA needs to abolish conferences for playoffs

West is far too strong

Good point, I think it maybe time to contract the East

So from what it seems to me, Boston wants the big name players but they aren't willing to sacrifice their future to do so (#3 and next years Brookyln pick).

I suppose the timing now makes more sense to be cautious since you'll probably be even with the Cavs at best.

So from what it seems to me, Boston wants the big name players but they aren't willing to sacrifice their future to do so (#3 and next years Brookyln pick).

I suppose the timing now makes more sense to be cautious since you'll probably be even with the Cavs at best.

It's the right move, why give up those picks for guys that won't get you anywhere now or in the future?

jbug617

Banned
Ainge says that teams ask more from the Celtics than they do from other teams in trade talks because of all the draft picks.

FZZ

Banned
Yimmy Boockets on the Twolves is dope

they're going to be such a fun team to watch next season

I only hope Thibs doesn't make the starters average 45 min

dude needs to learn minute management

Apparently, LeMarcus "Better than Kahwi" Aldridge unfollowed the Spurs on twitter and is now following a bunch of Cleveland players.

Interesting.

Aldridge doesn't solve any of Cleveland problems against the Warriors.

Hopefully Wade decides to not pick up his option and the Bulls buy out Rondo. Both of those guys can go to Cleveland, i don't care. The Bulls need to be really really bad and i want Zach Lavine to be our tank commander.

Hopefully Wade decides to not pick up his option and the Bulls buy out Rondo. Both of those guys can go to Cleveland, i don't care. The Bulls need to be really really bad and i want Zach Lavine to be our tank commander.

Wade would be better off picking up his option and then working on a buyout.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Just watched some Jordan Bell highlights. How did this guy fall to 38? He's physically ready to play in the NBA tomorrow. You can't say that about many draft prospects. It appears the Warriors found yet another 2nd round steal. Unbelievable.

He's picking up the option no question. Nobody else is giving him 24M.

Not

Banned
Just watched some Jordan Bell highlights. How did this guy fall to 38? He's physically ready to play in the NBA tomorrow. You can't say that about many draft prospects. It appears the Warriors found yet another 2nd round steal. Unbelievable.

Do you think the Warriors might be good now?

15.4% from 3 will do it.

beat

Somewhat limited offensive game (not much range and not a lot of post moves), turnover problems, and esp he projects to be a center but he's only 6-9.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good pick.

I am not sure how Kyrie will fit in spurs especially if we are moving LMA for him,would that not cost the spurs too much in size?
I dont think Spurs could make a trade, even with LMA and Green, that would net them Kyrie. I'm simply saying out any of the Cavs current players (sans LeBron) I'd want to see on the Spurs, Irving about the only one.

Tom Penny

They are banking on free agency when they historically suck until last year when Horford was literally their biggest FA signing ever. I think that Hayward Brown and this years number 3 is better than Just Butler without question...but if you don't land Hayward your a second round team again maybe. I would have made a big push for Porzingis. They still could have signed a max FA on top of that...

Cornbread78

That was pizza related!

Again, I'm still in a position where I can't be mad at Danny. He hasn't blown anything up and he hasn't jumped at any random fringe superstar player.

He also hasn't brought them any further to anything as of yet. If his goal is to sign Hayward, what is he going to do with Jae, Brown, Tatum and Hayward all at the same position?

None of the moves also address this team largest weakness which is a low post rebounding and defensive presence. Who need rim protection when you can sent 4 forward out on the court at the same time, right?

Hayward should stay. Utah is building an awesome team.

Celtics have a ton of assets but the actual players are pretty meh and none match up to Gobert. He's have to be confident that Ainge is actually going to turn these draft picks into a championship level team at some point.

C'mon Boston fans you have nothing but sports legends in your history. And you just drafted a young SF with the #3 pick. Just let us keep him. We promise to elect Ainge's son to congress as a consolation.

Cornbread78

Hayward should stay. Utah is building an awesome team.

Celtics have a ton of assets but the actual players are pretty meh and none match up to Gobert. He's have to be confident that Ainge is actually going to turn these draft picks into a championship level team at some point.

C'mon Boston fans you have nothing but sports legends in your history. And you just drafted a young SF with the #3 pick. Just let us keep him. We promise to elect Ainge's son to congress as a consolation.

From the recent reports, Hayward wants to be actually recognized for being a good basketball player at some point in his career and not lost in nothingness in Utah.

From the recent reports, Hayward wants to be actually recognized for being a good basketball player at some point in his career and not lost in nothingness in Utah.

-All star.
-Every team with space wants him, and respects the hell out of his game.
-What basketball fan doesn't know that he is a good player?

Bad post is bad.

FZZ

Banned
Celtics fans are just mad that it is very likely Ainge didn't want to trade away a future pick for Yimmy because deep down he is a gambler at heart

Cornbread78

-All star.
-Every team with space wants him, and respects the hell out of his game.
-What basketball fan doesn't know that he is a good player?

Bad post is bad.

LOL, are you saying he gets the same media coverage and market visibility in Utah as he would playing for a major market team or "popular" team?

C'mon man, we talking businasss...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom