• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Vic_Viper

Hickman has a signing booth with Marvel set up for tomorrow. Wonder if he will be making an appearance at one of their panels?

Messi

What? lol

No laughing matter. Its a complete disgrace.

C95Oj_AWsAE3dsm.jpg

tim1138

This is unacceptable! What the FUCK,USA? You fucking suck. Your country looks so bad rn.If this shit was happening in Canada... we would not stand for it!

People have protested, but this administration does not a fuck what the people want. All Trump, McConnell, and their cronies care about is lining their pockets.

mreddie

Aaron-vengers sounds dope but I fear we might be stuck with Waid unless giving him the Archie keys takes up his time.

Hickman coming back would be huge but I think he'll go to a smaller book but what else can he do?

He ran the Marvel ship since NOW 1.0, no chance he does it again.

Sandfox

Aaron-vengers sounds dope but I fear we might be stuck with Waid unless giving him the Archie keys takes up his time.

Hickman coming back would be huge but I think he'll go to a smaller book but what else can he do?

He ran the Marvel ship since NOW 1.0, no chance he does it again.
Waid is fine as long as certain changes are made to the book.

I don't see Hickman coming back anytime soon though.

mreddie

From the Cool that Bleeds

We will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.

And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that's it. It's kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumored ”Make Mine Marvel". Marvel confirmed that, yes, as Bleeding Cool reported they are returning some titles to their legacy numbering, while still crafting the titles to be new reader friendly. And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didn't give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

Also rumored Ant-Man, C/D and Vision allegedly

Basically All New Marvel Now 2.0

frye

really? ive never heard of this. ive got a few friends that table regularly at tcaf

Yeah, I'd like to know more about this, too.

this was a thing that was shared a lot a few years ago

here's where they talk about it in more detail but yeah, other than that there's a lot of stories about manga raising some red flags when you enter Canada also

it doesn't seem to be a "100% your comics are gonna get taken" thing but there's def a history there

And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

Here's the thing I don't get. He's not dead.

He's literally in Iron Man right now. Like, he's not in a human body, but he talks and can move around in hologram and Iron Man armor. Like, I get it, Tony Stark in classic status quo, but he's not even really off the table.

duckroll

He's literally in Iron Man right now. Like, he's not in a human body, but he talks and can move around in hologram and Iron Man armor. Like, I get it, Tony Stark in classic status quo, but he's not even really off the table.

I haven't read any current Marvel stuff since the end of Secret Wars, but reading that just makes me lol.

His body itself isn't dead either. He was rendered comatose. Beast refused to operate on him (and either no one else was asked or they all said the same thing) because Tony had been making modifications to his own body (deemed a crime worthy of detaining and killing Banner over) and Beast didn't feel comfortable operating on him. So even in his own body, he isn't dead. I'm thinking they mean the resurrection of him as Iron Man. Doom is doing a mildly decent impersonation, and RiRi has her own mantle. Rhodey is dead, and there is no War Machine. Toni Ho is Iron Patriot, but she has no connection. Arno Stark is...somewhere. There's really no one clamoring to pick up the mantle other than Doom.

I haven't read any current Marvel stuff since the end of Secret Wars, but reading that just makes me lol.

He's basically turned himself into an AI like Jarvis or Friday, but only to assist RiRi and that's pretty much it.

duckroll

His body itself isn't dead either. He was rendered comatose. Beast refused to operate on him (and either no one else was asked or they all said the same thing) because Tony had been making modifications to his own body (deemed a crime worthy of detaining and killing Banner over) and Beast didn't feel comfortable operating on him. So even in his own body, he isn't dead. I'm thinking they mean the resurrection of him as Iron Man. Doom is doing a mildly decent impersonation, and RiRi has her own mantle. Rhodey is dead, and there is no War Machine. Toni Ho is Iron Patriot, but she has no connection. Arno Stark is...somewhere. There's really no one clamoring to pick up the mantle other than Doom.

I'm laughing even harder now. Marvel soap opera is so bad it's good.

Holy shit, I just realized a common theme in Bendis' books: intentional modification of one's biological self is an inherent crime and should be condemned. It was a key point brought up against Beast in the Trial of Hank McCoy; one reason why Banner shouldn't be trusted and should in fact be detained and put under strict supervision and arrest; Tony has made modifications to himself and has been rendered comatose and inoperable.

Huh.
I wonder what Marvel plans to do with Doom since I doubt there will be 3 Iron Man family books.

I don't think he was intended to be an ongoing. If it continues, it'll turn into a Doom solo and continue forward as is, dropping the Iron Man pretense.

I think probably Marvel had bigger plans for Iron Doom that have been scrapped or significantly altered, since he was heavily featured in promo material for Avengers and he hasn't even joined the team yet

mreddie

I think probably Marvel had bigger plans for Iron Doom that have been scrapped or significantly altered, since he was heavily featured in promo material for Avengers and he hasn't even joined the team yet

Bendis has been the reason Doom isn't in Avengers til now and why Riri hasn't joined the Champs.

Top Bottom