• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Okay sounds good. I will give you a list of what I have. Orichalcum (Zidane), Shadowblade (DKC), Tyrfing (Luneth), Revolver (Squall), Runeblade (Ashe), Excalibur (Bartz), Stoneblade (Ashe), Kotetsu (Edge), Riot Blade (Auron), Genji Blade (Greg), Partisan (Fang), Plat. Fists (Tifa), Cat-Ear Hood (Relm), Sephiroth's Coat, Tidus's Strike, Gabranth's Hauberk, Glorious Armguard (Wakka), Organics (Cloud) using, Lightbringer (Celes) using, 1st Fusion Sword (Cloud), Prism Rod (Aerith), Full Metal Rod (Yuna), Crescent Wish (Selphie), Asura's Rod (Garnet), Moore Branch (Exdeath), Wizard Rod (Garnet) using, Morning Star (Strago), Light Staff (WM), Holy Wand (Arc), Rune Staff (WM), Thyrus (Y'shtola), Healing Staff (Minwu), Killer Bow (Fran), Traitor's Bow (Fran), Artemis Bow (Faris) using, Shooting Star (Rinoa) using, Cards (Setzer), Skycutter (Hope), Fixed Dice (Setzer), Peacemaker (The Goddess), Sirius Sidearm (Sazh), Official Ball (Wakka), and Atomic Scissors (Barret). whew...I forgot I had a ton of stuff stashed in my vault. Sorry for the long post I just don't know who the fuck to use. As for characters I have all the ones listed above unlocked and I have a few level 2 crystals to get them to 80..

Current Party is Cloud, Rinoa, Garnet, Faris and Celes

Can you break them down by BSB, SSB, and SB? And maybe organize by realm? It's hard because I don't recall which relic does what. Or honestly, regular SBs
(barring Wall and Runic) don't even really matter.

From a quick glance, your best choices are Butz, Greg, Celes, Faris, Ysh/Minwu, and Garnet/Exdeath. If you haven't already, clear out the normal and elite FFV dungeons. You should obliterate them and get more stamina and mythril. Should come out ahead even if you refresh.

thedan001

Okay sounds good. I will give you a list of what I have. Orichalcum (Zidane), Shadowblade (DKC), Tyrfing (Luneth), Revolver (Squall), Runeblade (Ashe), Excalibur (Bartz), Stoneblade (Ashe), Kotetsu (Edge), Riot Blade (Auron), Genji Blade (Greg), Partisan (Fang), Plat. Fists (Tifa), Cat-Ear Hood (Relm), Sephiroth's Coat, Tidus's Strike, Gabranth's Hauberk, Glorious Armguard (Wakka), Organics (Cloud) using, Lightbringer (Celes) using, 1st Fusion Sword (Cloud), Prism Rod (Aerith), Full Metal Rod (Yuna), Crescent Wish (Selphie), Asura's Rod (Garnet), Moore Branch (Exdeath), Wizard Rod (Garnet) using, Morning Star (Strago), Light Staff (WM), Holy Wand (Arc), Rune Staff (WM), Thyrus (Y'shtola), Healing Staff (Minwu), Killer Bow (Fran), Traitor's Bow (Fran), Artemis Bow (Faris) using, Shooting Star (Rinoa) using, Cards (Setzer), Skycutter (Hope), Fixed Dice (Setzer), Peacemaker (The Goddess), Sirius Sidearm (Sazh), Official Ball (Wakka), and Atomic Scissors (Barret). whew...I forgot I had a ton of stuff stashed in my vault. Sorry for the long post I just don't know who the fuck to use. As for characters I have all the ones listed above unlocked and I have a few level 2 crystals to get them to 80..

Thanks for listing it out. I looked some of them that I didn't recognize up. Boy, you have some old relics. I'm guessing you played before then took a break?

Either way, you have some relics that are still useful and some that are outdated, but we can work with this.

Current Party is Cloud, Rinoa, Garnet, Faris and Celes

This is a logical set up based on strongest SB's, however, if you want efficiency and more focused dps, there are other options.

First thing we notice is the lack of boostgas, so I'm assuming you've been using shout/fov/sheepsong RW's?

To tackle on battles higher than 140 (ultimates) we need:

Mitigation (wall, protectga/shellga) - Y'shotla can take on this role
Medicas to keep up with healing - Selphie's SSB and Minwu's SSB both are great
Boostga/Hastega for dps - this will have to be from RW

Having Rinoa and Garnet in means we need to consider magic, so Onion Knight's Fate of Vessel works. On the other hand, you can swap out Rinoa and Garnet for one of other physical SSB's like Lightning and Gilgamesh and bring in Shout RW.

Faris has a permanent slot for now since she is your best support character.

I recommend doing a physical focused team with shout and using mixed physical/magic teams when bosses need magical damage to win.

Team A = Cloud, Faris, Greg or Lightning, Y'shtola, and either Minwu or Selphie. Make sure both healers have a cure ability and protectga/shellga depending on what boss uses. RW is Shout.

Team B = Rinoa, Faris, Y'shtola, Minwu or Selphie, and last spot can be whatever. RW should be Onion Knight, but if you want magic only, then Krile's sheepsong will work great as a RW for a mage team, but I'm not sure on your ability hones. Selphie can use 4* black magic if you record dive her.

Either way, Team A is easier to start off with since you can get away with lifesiphon's while Team B needs some work with honing. You will be using 2 white mages for now.

Of course, pulls from future banners can change things up. Let us know how it goes and if anything changes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you can substitute Minwu/Selphie with Celes (or Exdeath) if the boss spams single target black/white magic.

Dude, you have Orichalcum. That BSB alone is pretty damn sweet. Get his level raised up, give him some Thief's Revenge, and go to town on some enemies.

thedan001

Dude, you have Orichalcum. That BSB alone is pretty damn sweet. Get his level raised up, give him some Thief's Revenge, and go to town on some enemies.

However it's Zidane's SSB, not Vaan's legendary BSB.

Shift Break : Deal four ranged physical attacks to all targets, temporarily lower their Attack a large amount, and temporarily raise the user's Attack a moderate amount.

Not too bad but Faris does the role better, especially with Steal Power or Rough Tides burst attack anyway.

Thanks for listing it out. I looked some of them that I didn't recognize up. Boy, you have some old relics. I'm guessing you played before then took a break?

Either way, you have some relics that are still useful and some that are outdated, but we can work with this.

Thank you for those set ups! To answer the above yes I played when the game first came out and got salty at some shitty pulls so I stopped. Still logged in every day and would pull on half price banners and unlock some units on occasion but didn't actually play. But I will give that first set up a go and see what happens. Thanks again!

thedan001

Thank you for those set ups! To answer the above yes I played when the game first came out and got salty at some shitty pulls so I stopped. Still logged in every day and would pull on half price banners and unlock some units on occasion but didn't actually play. But I will give that first set up a go and see what happens. Thanks again!

I get you. I took a break for 2 years myself too.

Keep in mind that I'm looking at the end goal with your set up.

It will need proper honed lifesiphon (start with R2, build up to R3) for Cloud and other dps.

Record Materias with free 1 SB (Y'shtola needs it to start with stoneskin wall)

Either way, the investment will be worth it.

For fights that are less than difficulty 120 or under, you don't need Selphie/Minwu, Y'shtola will be enough, replace with another DPS character.

Cloud can use spellblades to hit medal conditions that call for elemental attacks by the way.

However it's Zidane's SSB, not Vaan's legendary BSB.

Shift Break : Deal four ranged physical attacks to all targets, temporarily lower their Attack a large amount, and temporarily raise the user's Attack a moderate amount.

Not too bad but Faris does the role better, especially with Steal Power or Rough Tides burst attack anyway.

Whoops. I keep forgetting that they're different. :/

This is why listing SB names is almost more important than listing equipment names.

WarAdept

Also, in general, when would x% increase from a magic damage / elemental damage / weakness damage RM outweigh Devotion's 20% MAG?

Basically never. Unless you run just over 3 +30% Mage Boostgas at the same time to go past the soft cap.

Devotion is a staggering 35% damage increase.

Yeah now I remember why I stopped playing this long ago...same relic and the only one 3 times in a row? Eff off. This game is to me what FFBE is to CPP.

Sorry man. On the other hand, at least you got a relic, lol. Unlike FFBE, where you get nothing.

Also there are so many banners that if you limit yourself to one pull per banner dupes are nigh impossible

friz898

Sorry man. On the other hand, at least you got a relic, lol. Unlike FFBE, where you get nothing.

Also there are so many banners that if you limit yourself to one pull per banner dupes are nigh impossible

I've reached the point where I don't want to pull anymore -- everything is a rank 3 or 4 that I have already taken to rank 5 and 6, then forged for an additional rank.

Also, I have this thing where I don't like having more than 1 of something.

I wish there was something to do with duplicates besides sell or use as a not-worth-it equipment upgrade.

I got:

Shout (woo, and I have Ramza's BSB)
Minwu's SSB
Steiner's SSB

Not bad! Doing one pull on each banner + a 100 gem pull.

I keep getting healing relics - got Eiko's last time I pulled. Vanille is on my A-team because of her SSB with the ether effect. It's just so useful - I can't ever see myself letting go of it!

Got my first 8* relic

JphGEryl.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still undecided about drawing on this banner, but I figure if the FF14 one is the best one for the next 6 months, it's probably worth doing 3 or 4 pulls on that one.

Does anyone know what the estimate drop rate of 4* and 5* orbs is from the magic pots in the 90 stamina daily? I encountered about 10 magic pots so far today, and only 1 of them has been a 5*. This doesn't match up with my experience from other dailies, so I'm wondering if these dailies have had any data collection done on them (perhaps from when FFRK Inspector's database was still live)

Xetherion

OSB1 pulls:

100 gems: nada
11 pull: Refia's Burst and 2x Thyrus

Happy to get Refia's Burst, Thyrus not so much since I already had SG. Definitely did not want 2 copies... now i'm worried i'm going to get more dupes on XIV banner 1. Already have Catgirl's Omnirod too.

Brought my physical team against Valigarmanda. Things got a little hairy when my healer died. So much aoe, then I used Terra OSB as a RW. Almost 70k damage. Whelp, didn't even lose a medal for Character KO haha. With mage meta, this fight would be a pushover. Back to farming orbs again.

Pejo

I just finally looked at the banners for the OSB stuff. I see why everyone says to pick on 1, but I think I'm going to wait for 4 or 5. At this point, I don't ever play to beat the hardest content, I just cruise through to the 140/160 difficulty fights and then stop after collecting my winnings. I have 50 mythril, so I can only pull a single banner.

Tough choice, though I like the sound of that WoL BSSB.

WarAdept

Tough choice, though I like the sound of that WoL BSSB.

Do you like the sound of WoL stealing Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire shield and him smacking the everliving crap out of enemies on the head with it?

Because that's what WoL's BSB.

And I want it.

a few of us are trying the D200 Gilgamesh raid under Raid ID 3519 right now. There's room for 1 more right now. If you're interested jump on the FFRK Discord chat app so we can coordinate. I'll open the party up for a random 4th in 10 minutes if nobody responds.

I'm still undecided about drawing on this banner, but I figure if the FF14 one is the best one for the next 6 months, it's probably worth doing 3 or 4 pulls on that one.
I have been debating all day about doing another pull on this banner, but I've finally convinced myself it's not a good idea. I got Terra's SSB and Vanille's BSB in my first pull, so I really want Terra's OSB now. Not to mention that Refia's BSB is top notch and Kain would be fun with Lightning Dive.

I already have Ramza's Shout, Vanille's Burst and Terra's Tiara. So, I did a comparision to decide if I should do a second pull or save the mythril for XIV:

Alph's BSB > Terra's OSB
Alph's BSB would make him be a better unit for on my Mage Team (Terra, Onion, Keeper, Selphie, Vanille) than Terra and would also fit him in well on my Wind Team. Luneth + Alph En-Winded hitting Sky High and Meltdown/Valigarmanda/Tiamat would be bonkers w/ Onion and Keeper buffing and Vanille Bursting. I currently use Faris to spam Thief's Revenge until her Imperil SSB is up. I could just RW Zack's BSB for the Imperil instead.

Kitty's BSB > Minwu SSB
If I got Y'shtola's BSB, she'd replace Vanille in my Wind Team, but I'd be using both on my Mage Team. If I got Minwu's SSB, I'd still stick with Selphie as the second WM.

Minfila's BSB > Refia's BSB > Kain's BSB
All of these are good, but Minfila's BSB would combo greatly with Beatrix's BSB to make a strong Holy Team.

Minfila's SSB > Rusty's SSB
Guts!

Conclusion: IS IT SATURDAY YET?!

Kyari

Not sure if we've talked about it here but a quick google shows the FFRK site put up the new year Chocobo Suit (V) stats early

Surprisingly not terrible. Its basically a free Light Armour that has the stat spread of a Bracer:
Attack 18, Magic/Mind 16.

Shared soulbreak is Shellga.

My roommate who just started playing a few days ago did a Lucky Draw + OSB draw. Results: Leon's HotE, Ramza's Shout and Terra's Tiara.

Terra's Tiara seems like something that will be more useful for him down the line, but HotE + Shout sound like a good combo for a new account. I'm thinking of telling him to save all of the rest of his Mythril for XIV, but maybe he should do another Fests pulls. Thoughts?

If so, Banner 3 seems like a good choice. If he runs Leon+Ramza for +80% ATK, 3x P.DPS (Leon, ?, ?) + Support (Ramza) + WM would be the setup to run. Celes, Agrias, Vaan, Guy or Bartz could do well here and so can Minfilia. After that he'd need a Medica and Wall to be set. Going for Y'Shtola's Wall in XIV seems better than Keeper's in B2 and if he can nab one of B3's trio of Medicas that would complete the team.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have been debating all day about doing another pull on this banner, but I've finally convinced myself it's not a good idea. I got Terra's SSB and Vanille's BSB in my first pull, so I really want Terra's OSB now. Not to mention that Refia's BSB is top notch and Kain would be fun with Lightning Dive.

I already have Ramza's Shout, Vanille's Burst and Terra's Tiara. So, I did a comparision to decide if I should do a second pull or save the mythril for XIV:

Alph's BSB > Terra's OSB
Alph's BSB would make him be a better unit for on my Mage Team (Terra, Onion, Keeper, Selphie, Vanille) than Terra and would also fit him in well on my Wind Team. Luneth + Alph En-Winded hitting Sky High and Meltdown/Valigarmanda/Tiamat would be bonkers w/ Onion and Keeper buffing and Vanille Bursting. I currently use Faris to spam Thief's Revenge until her Imperil SSB is up. I could just RW Zack's BSB for the Imperil instead.

Kitty's BSB > Minwu SSB
If I got Y'shtola's BSB, she'd replace Vanille in my Wind Team, but I'd be using both on my Mage Team. If I got Minwu's SSB, I'd still stick with Selphie as the second WM.

Minfila's BSB > Refia's BSB > Kain's BSB
All of these are good, but Minfila's BSB would combo greatly with Beatrix's BSB to make a strong Holy Team.

Minfila's SSB > Rusty's SSB
Guts!

Conclusion: IS IT SATURDAY YET?!
It's weird, I have Terra's burst, which is okay, and I don't think getting her OSB would make her a better mage since I don't have any of the support to make her viable. I guess the plus would be that on the FF14 banner, you could get like 30 copies of the same SB relic like that guy with the Tin Armor, at which point you're kind of screwed. lol

It's weird, I have Terra's burst, which is okay, and I don't think getting her OSB would make her a better mage since I don't have any of the support to make her viable. I guess the plus would be that on the FF14 banner, you could get like 30 copies of the same SB relic like that guy with the Tin Armor, at which point you're kind of screwed. lol
I had a similar thing happen in the April Fest Banners.
I think the universe was telling me that I needed to play FFIX, because I had gotten 5 of Rusty's Ultima Sword (which I already had one of) and 2 Wizard Rods while failing to get SG (that came much later). Reforge has helped make those awesome, at least. It's nice having 2x 5*+++ Swords and a 5*+++ Rod (I got a third one later) that can be used when I lack RS for either a mage or healer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had a similar thing happen in the April Fest Banners.
I think the universe was telling me that I needed to play FFIX, because I had gotten 5 of Rusty's Ultima Sword (which I already had one of) and 2 Wizard Rods while failing to get SG (that came much later). Reforge has helped make those awesome, at least. It's nice having 2x 5*+++ Swords and a 5*+++ Rod (I got a third one later) that can be used when I lack RS for either a mage or healer.
I got that with the Beatrix SSB. lol
Also 4 of Vanille's SB and 3 of the Minwu SSB. Riiip.

I'm looking at some of the upcoming banners and analyzing them for future plans.

Raines BSB sounds incredible, but is it still as broken when used as an RW?

Usually, I pick an En-Element Mage BSBs that the boss is weak to. With a good Faithga (Onion's BSB in my case) that's 30% MAG buff + En-Element's 50% and Weakness 100% damage boost. If I run Raines RW (and the enemy is Holy/Dark neutral), that's Faithga 30% + Raines' 30% + Soul Residuum 30%. Does math favor the triple MAG buff here or element stacks?

Edit: I completely forgot that the most of the top tier En-Element BSBs have Stitch in Time (30% MAG / DEF -30%) on Command 2 (Maria, Papalymo, Edea, Desch, Quistis). That largely cancels out Raines' Soul Residuum from the equation. At that point, I'd think En-Element + Weakness would be better than his Burst Entry's 30% MAG. But, I'm not certain.

Balphon

My roommate who just started playing a few days ago did a Lucky Draw + OSB draw. Results: Leon's HotE, Ramza's Shout and Terra's Tiara.

Terra's Tiara seems like something that will be more useful for him down the line, but HotE + Shout sound like a good combo for a new account. I'm thinking of telling him to save all of the rest of his Mythril for XIV, but maybe he should do another Fests pulls. Thoughts?

If so, Banner 3 seems like a good choice. If he runs Leon+Ramza for +80% ATK, 3x P.DPS (Leon, ?, ?) + Support (Ramza) + WM would be the setup to run. Celes, Agrias, Vaan, Guy or Bartz could do well here and so can Minfilia. After that he'd need a Medica and Wall to be set. Going for Y'Shtola's Wall in XIV seems better than Keeper's in B2 and if he can nab one of B3's trio of Medicas that would complete the team.

He's got a good base to build on. I think you're right that OSB banner 3 would be a good idea since he's lacking an AoE heal and all three of those are very good. Even if he misses those the relics for Maria and Celes on there are excellent and the Bartz/Guy/Agrias ones have niche uses. Vaan's OSB is just okay but it's still an OSB.

Those sweet gils bro.

Its weird since as someone who doesn't refresh often during orb fest the roulette gave me arguable a larger selection of good things then I otherwise would have gotten. Now that its tapped out I feel less inclined to refresh for fear of wasting stamina and getting lots of gold knight rounds.

friz898

Its weird since as someone who doesn't refresh often during orb fest the roulette gave me arguable a larger selection of good things then I otherwise would have gotten. Now that its tapped out I feel less inclined to refresh for fear of wasting stamina and getting lots of gold knight rounds.

Ya, when I saw it was a one for one transfer I'm like, who the hell cares about 2400gil? lol. Should have been a higher transfer rate.

They ought to "refill' the roulette every time orb fest changes orbs.

Tidd

APOLOGIZE MYTHRIL!!! How I missed you. ;__;

I wonder what happened to the translation of the "Ward of the Four Crystals" log in bonus? Why translate something if you don't use it? :(

Its very depressing now that I completely obtained all roulette prizes seeing a knight round :(

I emptied the roulette wheel on the first day, lol.

Luckily I didn't need hardly anything from Phase 2, so the past 2 days I've been spamming story dungeons non-stop. Yesterday I think I did nothing but spam story dungeons for about 9 continuous hours.

I'm up from 118 stamina at the start of Orbfest to 140 right now. Ready to bring on the Power Orbs. I made a spreadsheet that shows I'll need 271 refreshes to get all the Major Power Orbs I need, lol.

Top Bottom