• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the voices are really bad, could have been better IMO.

And that character select screen... sigh

Looking forward to how the game is received.

Reality Stone definitely feels like the most newb friendly stone. I expect that one will be the most widely picked stone in the first couple weeks the game's out. Soul feels super powerful but also a very risky choice since if you're not careful you're just opening yourself up to get happy birthdayed.

It's going to be fascinating seeing all the work that gets put into the lab on figuring out which stones work best for what teams. That is, if one stone doesn't just come out in the meta as the clear winner.

Coda

I'm wondering now if the game will have a similar profile card menu where you can set your top 3 teams, etc. Hoping that comes back because I always liked having my favorite teams on deck.

FSLink

Banned
I'm wondering now if the game will have a similar profile card menu where you can set your top 3 teams, etc. Hoping that comes back because I always liked having my favorite teams on deck.

Meanwhile I'm wondering if player 2 can pick character select after a match instead of having the awkward thumbs up in this fucking game too.

No random character or map select pretty much confirms neither of those menus is final.

They might not change much though. I'm not expecting the UI to suddenly look amazing before release.

Ryce

Based on the roster I heard about months ago, I'm starting to wonder if maybe both Hunter and Ant-Man were on the base roster at some point, with Hunter becoming DLC after Ant-Man's removal in order to keep both sides even.

Coda

Meanwhile I'm wondering if player 2 can pick character select after a match instead of having the awkward thumbs up in this fucking game too.

From the looks of it (at least in this build) it's only player one who can hit the "Rematch" button.

WY7Yimrl.png

rocK`

Banned
Demo builds are made months in advance. The E3 build was made in March.

Sorry, I'm more asking why we haven't heard of if the game has gone gold yet - thought that was an important part of a dev cycle.

With a game with such criticism as this, you'd think it would be pomp and circumstance if they did successfully go gold or the opposite - people clamoring for pitch forks and asking questions if it hasn't.

NotLiquid

Reality Stone definitely feels like the most newb friendly stone. I expect that one will be the most widely picked stone in the first couple weeks the game's out. Soul feels super powerful but also a very risky choice since if you're not careful you're just opening yourself up to get happy birthdayed.

It's going to be fascinating seeing all the work that gets put into the lab on figuring out which stones work best for what teams. That is, if one stone doesn't just come out in the meta as the clear winner.

Reality and Mind Stone seem to be the most beginner friendly ones. They have decent abilities that can support just about all playstyles, and their Infinity Storms have good passive benefits. I can see them working for just about any character combination.

Power and Space Stone seem like they're more "intermediate" level abilities. The Infinity Storm of the former is easy to understand and somewhat a given, making it a stone that seems to benefit heavy bruisers who want to quickly KO, but it's Infinity Surge being a wall bounce and combo extender makes it a stone that you need to optimize more when throwing it out there. Similarly, Space Stone is kind of the complete inverse, pulling your opponents towards you which requires proper anticipation, while the Shame Cube puts you at an inherent advantage for tricky mixups. Either way you look at it, they're stones that require a little more from the player.

Time and Soul Stone come across as the hardest stones to use. Time because despite having a teleport that seems like a good way to escape corner pressure and applying pressure, looks like it leaves plenty of opportunity to have the opponent get a read on you, and the Infinity Storm seems like it requires much snappier execution in order to get the best possible reward out of it. It feels like it'd work best for characters who are already fast and great at applying pressure. Meanwhile Soul Stone seems to carry the highest risk/reward, not so much with it's life steal which might work for an easy combo ender, but for controlling two characters which carries all the downsides and the upsides.

There's definitely a lot of overlap in terms of what characters benefits from what stones though - despite skill gaps, Space and Soul seem to heavily benefit characters that have great mixup potential like Dormammu and Ultron.

Time because despite having a teleport that seems like a good way to escape corner pressure and applying pressure, looks like it leaves plenty of opportunity to have the opponent get a read on you

Punishing time stone teleport might be trickier than it seems, since you can freely tag at any time during it.

Seems like the most slept on stone, so I'm hoping to see what happens when people really maximize it.

You use Infinity Stone with projectile characters to get a crossup from your projectiles.

I plan on using Power with Dormammu. Soul Surge is going to be way too hard to use. I could only justify it if the basic skill kept your tridash momentum. Space is interesting since you can move people into Flame Carpet, but the ultimate ability doesn't help Dormammu at all.

Dahbomb

You use Infinity Stone with projectile characters to get a crossup from your projectiles.

I plan on using Power with Dormammu. Soul Surge is going to be way too hard to use. I could only justify it if the basic skill kept your tridash momentum. Space is interesting since you can move people into Flame Carpet, but the ultimate ability doesn't help Dormammu at all.
Cube means you can just sit back and keep charging spells to pressure the person in cube with. Cube, conjure, summon, tag into partner for mix ups.

Space surge also has super armor by the way so it can also be used as a clutch get off me.

So power stone makes it so you can't be push blocked. I wonder if that applies to your projectiles?
I assume so. My idea is to use the lack of pushblock with Jedah and Dormammu for better mix-ups and pressure.

Cube means you can just sit back and keep charging spells to pressure the person in cube with. Cube, conjure, summon, tag into partner for mix ups.

Space surge also has super armor by the way so it can also be used as a clutch get off me.
Unless the cube blocks projectiles, this won't hold true. And chip damage in this game sucks. It looks WAY easier to charge spells in this game, too. Like you can charge a spell off of a blocked Dark Hole and be safe. Crazy. And you can use Dark Hole in the air without being prone now. Look at the below gif to see what I mean.

An improved 1D1C.

Dahbomb

Yeah I already talked about special cancel into conjure spells. Works off of Purification too. Might work from his teleport as well.

I think they buffed Dorm in general because of the weaker chip in the game. Makes sense but then they forgot to buff Chris and instead put a restriction on his Magnum to prevent Time stone Magnum abuse.

JeTmAn81

That Soul Stone gif...it looks like the player is directly controlling Jedah, but then how is Dorm doing the things he's doing? Is it just sending the same inputs to both characters, like the dual character glitch in UMVC3?

Pompadour

That Soul Stone gif...it looks like the player is directly controlling Jedah, but then how is Dorm doing the things he's doing? Is it just sending the same inputs to both characters, like the dual character glitch in UMVC3?

Yeah, how does this work? Do we know yet?

Yeah I already talked about special cancel into conjure spells. Works off of Purification too. Might work from his teleport as well.

I think they buffed Dorm in general because of the weaker chip in the game. Makes sense but then they forgot to buff Chris and instead put a restriction on his Magnum to prevent Time stone Magnum abuse.
Nah, it is because Dormammu will not be able to run away in this game.

In MvC3, you pressured most of the cast to jump. Then you teleported behind them, dashed to the ground, and landed before they did. These few frames gave you time to throw out a projectile.

In MvCi, when you teleport behind your opponent he or she can immediately tag and reapply pressure. He is going to have to work much harder to establish space. Also, Dark Spells were hardly used in 3. Mostly in lieu of an incoming mix-up. Otherwise the opportunity cost was too great. I imagine they went his unique tool used more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom