• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioMutant - Announcement Trailer (from ex-Just Cause/Mad Max Devs)

Riddler

I love Mad Max and it was a surprise. So I'm looking forward to this style of atmosphere & gameplay so I'm hyped. I hope the story does take some style to the books in the same style but with of course sci-fi twists.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That CG trailer leads me to believe the hero's weapons are just for show. The story it tells is so... uninteresting? And I swear, the Mace that stuck him in that area with the glowing eyes is actually an ocean mine that'll soon explode in his face.

If they had just cut the sliced enemy weapon into a gameplay montage, I think it'd leave a more desired impression.

As is, this barely told us much. And all that "Customization!" wording in the PR actually has me concerned. Will the main character have a solid, dependable frame and personality, or will this be so thickly designed around "choose your own EVERYTHING", that it'll feel akin to how your character is treated in an MMORPG? I hope he has some individuality, and we're just modifying atop a fully realized character.

RPGCrazied

Love the little grasshopper sidekick, I wonder if it talks. And it looks like the main character is part raccoon/lizard?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Motherfucking RED PANDA
xsKUETn.gif

lumi7890

Mad max? Well signed me the fuck up! Mad max was an awesome game with great gameplay, atmosphere and great open word pacing in my opinion.... if this is anything like that, then it's a real Winner in my book.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks like crap on screenshots (X360 / PS3 level of GFX at best), but i'm a "gameplay first" guy so awaiting gameplay footage to see if I like it or not in terms of gameplay.

Clessidor

Well it's an cgi trailer ... but it looks good so far and the IP feels just fresh with it's setting.
Now just waiting for gameplay footage. I will keep an eye on this.

MAtgS

Edit: "Early 2018" is floated as release window, all three big platforms. Game is also playable at Gamescom this week so I would expect some gameplay footage quite soon.

Look, I'm not trying to port beg but must we word it that way?

Servbot24

Banned
Looks interesting! Gives off some low budget vibes but that's okay if the gameplay turns out to be good. I'm always down to play as an animal character. :)

Aranjah

Looks promising. I really like the aesthetic and the concept. Just really need to see some gameplay and find out what "open creation of weapons & Gear" means here.

I hope "contextual storyteller where the players creates their own story" isn't code for "little to no story, I hope you enjoy unguided wandering around aimlessly" because I don't enjoy that. D:

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

Some Nobody

Rocket Raccoon

Kamadi Last Boy on Earth

Knights of Wundagore

Yeah this pulled on a ton of Bronze Age comics stuff, it's nothing really new.

I've got no opinion on this game yet honestly. I was in, but I hear "systematically generated" and I start to panic. Cool protag or not, no point to an open-world(s) if they aren't crafted, with stories to complete rather than fetch quests.

Gameplay won't even fix this, unless they're running through some actual side quests. Nah, I'm gonna need an interview to explain the vision of this game.

Exentryk

Need to see gameplay. As long as gun shooting has auto-aim, I'll be all good. Need the focus to be on swordplay.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Digging the Redwall vibe. Have always liked the style of Redwall art but the books themselves never clicked with me, looking forward to seeing more of this

Griss

On the one hand, it looks like a really unique idea made by guys from games I really liked with a great art style and reminded me a bit of MGR: Revengeance there.

On the other hand... furries.

Here's the deal... I'm in until we see a blue-furred raccoon with her tits hanging out of a bikini. Avoid that, and we're good.

Some screens:

Looks good.

The trailer wasn't great, but I'm definitely curious given the talent behind the team. I'll be watching this one.

Anyone else immediately think of Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy when they watched the trailer..? Not a criticism, just felt aesthetically really, really similar.

He actually looks almost directly pulled from the Dan Abnett run of the Guardians comics. And there are worse places to draw inspiration from if that's intentional, it was a great design (if a bit of an odd one for Rocket himself).

RulkezX

JC and Mad Max were some of the most sterile and by the numbers open worlds I've ever played so I'm going in with super low expectations.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the screen shots, some look like a last gen game while others look like CGI. Hoping the gameplay will be closer to the CGI looking screen shots. Also, for some odd reason, the game gives me an Enslaved: Odyssey to the West vibe but maybe that's just me.

Top Bottom