• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

supahkiwi

Banned
Lol, someone complaining about Stream Chat quality on "Esports" streams:

The stream chat of EMS One was just the biggest lump of cancer I had ever witnessed in my three years career in E-sports. The stream was constantly being flooded with people typing in capital letters (to show how manly they were), “rapecall” spam and also a word depiction of what seems to be my genitals. EMS should have handled the stream chat better, hiring some moderators and whatnot, because three moderators on BeyondTheSummit chat was honestly more than enough.

abc22222.png

Someone should hire this guy to review FGC streams

soakrates

Sega Cup EU edition confirmed? Fuudo to clean house once again?
Yeah, seeing this today surprised the hell out of me. Great to know Sega's still determined to support this game. I'm crossing my fingers that it means an announcement for a new VF is somewhere down the road.

Anyway, I hope the top 16 from Sega Cup gets uploaded onto YouTube soon. I want to watch some of the matches I missed, but the stream archive isn't on LevelUp's Twitch page.

Doomshine

Yeah, seeing this today surprised the hell out of me. Great to know Sega's still determined to support this game. I'm crossing my fingers that it means an announcement for a new VF is somewhere down the road.

Anyway, I hope the top 16 from Sega Cup gets uploaded onto YouTube soon. I want to watch some of the matches I missed, but the stream archive isn't on LevelUp's Twitch page.

Are you sure you are looking in the right place?

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

With all this talk about what is a major and a regional, what does everybody feel about all these tournies going to the 3 day format?

What happened to the good ole days of 2 day regionals?

Shouta

With all this talk about what is a major and a regional, what does everybody feel about all these tournies going to the 3 day format?

What happened to the good ole days of 2 day regionals?

2 days isn't very much time to run big tournaments, especially when you want to represent as many games as most do. The bigger you get the more required 3 days is. 2 days for smaller major/regionals is fine but not for the larger ones.

In case anyone missed it, GameTrailers' Memo To Capcom.

Choice words about their fighting games in there. Generally a very good series, though I disagree about their delivery of fighting game updates because it's mostly done in that manner because of the distribution fees etc. And they kinda miss that Capcom did put in incentives for players who got burned by buying Vanilla, as tiny as they were for both games (SSFIVs was much better).
I just want to know this without having to watch it: did they preach the good word of Marvel?

Dahbomb

I just want to know this without having to watch it: did they preach the good word of Marvel?
Marvel was mentioned although it was hard to tell if it was in a good light or a bad one.

FUCK YES I reminded FChamp of balance day and now he's texting everyone to come in.

I have my Pringles ready for this shit.

Marvel was mentioned although it was hard to tell if it was in a good light or a bad one.

FUCK YES I reminded FChamp of balance day and now he's texting everyone to come in.

LOL, he forgot until you reminded him? That's pretty funny.

I'm curious at what they come up with for Morrigan and Shuma-Gorath.

I didn't even know there was a website for UFGT9! Looking forward to be there for my first ever tournament. Even though I'm just watching (I'm terrible at umvc3), I can't wait to go!
I'll be going for my first-ever, too. Are you in Chicago?

Dahbomb

Push them to start without Magus or dump him.

Maybe get them to phone in God's_Beard.
They have to do 3 people because they need to sometimes vote in case there's a contention on a suggestion. I guess the best replacement for Magus is DrewGrimey.

God's Beard hates patches so he will never come.

Dahbomb

I'm gonna watch one of these Marvel theory balance patch discussions...

I have a feeling this won't be a good idea...
It's pure popcorn fun. The only bad thing about it is that you get too happy with the changes then you are brought down when you realize the current state of the game...

LOL, he forgot until you reminded him? That's pretty funny.

I'm curious at what they come up with for Morrigan and Shuma-Gorath.

I'll be going for my first-ever, too. Are you in Chicago?

Yep! I'm even thinking of paying the $15 for casuals but I'm pretty damn sure that i'll get owned each game :p so i'd prefer to watch.

sleepykyo

I'd say it was a positive light. He missed the days of crazy crossovers like CvS and Marvel or rather when the risk taking that lead to such crazy crossovers.

Top Bottom