• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| RSVP: Guests of the Groom

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Did you guys think Odyssey going to special world as hard as special world 8 in Mario 3D Land?

AEREC

Holding out for the physical version which should arrive tomorrow. This and Zelda will be my only physical games.

Played like 2 hours, amazing game but the audio went mute for half a second twice, did something like this happened to someone else?
At first I tought it was the classic switch problem when it tries to reconnect to wifi, but the game didnt freeze only the audio (I know, only twice in a couple of hours for less than 1 second total, but still I got kind of worried since I dropped my switch like a month ago, but I havent had problems all this time).

I'll guess I got three to four hours in today and haven't had any glitches of any sort.

Spin the analog stick in a circle then press y.

Well, damn. That takes away my biggest complaint. I had tried Y then spin, but not spin then Y. Thanks for the info.

Did you guys think Odyssey going to special world as hard as special world 8 in Mario 3D Land?

My God, I hope not. Just thinking about it brings the rage back to me. I am not ready for something on that level.

How do you register for the other place? I can't seem to... >.<

You can't right now. Invite only, and you can't get an invite.

Damn, the one kingdom I didn't spoil so far turned out to be the lamest.

This game is incredible though.

And whoever complained about difficulty was dumb. You don't recover life from collecting coins, so it's actually harder than previous 3D Marios. Still a pretty easy game, but I'm sure there will be some challenges later on.

ajanke

I regret going Amazon Digital, did not know Nintendo was going to pull off the pre-load stuff

I hope the download does not take hours
Did the same with Best Buy. They said they’d email the code today. I didn’t realize it would be a lie or last minute lol. So much for preloading

Keihart

Mario's moveset is amazing in this game,there are so many jumps and they can be linked in crazy ways, like you can wallbounce and then bounce towards the same wall using the special jump from catching the hat if timed right....,played like 2 hours still on the second zone, pretty-cool game, feels like is mixing the best of every 3d mario untill now.

fossi8

Amazon Mx delivered my copy today,, played around 3 hours and man,, beautiful soundtrack even in the first world which seems “empty”.

Amazing mechanics, lot of surprises, one easter egg at the beginning, just wow.

Feels like Mario 64 with unlimited mechanics,, world 1 you will encounter a semihard challenge even in the first minutes.

10/10 definitely guys.

The Hermit

Played a lot and loving it so far (changed my region to new Zealand)

I still was more shocked by Mario Galaxy, which is my favorite game ever, but this is close.

this game is fun, but no way a 10...it looks...just ok. Plays like a mario, looks like a mess...but its nintendo 1st party so they will get a pass... id give it a 8 so far.

What do you mean? I thought the graphics for this game on a 4K suppose to be amazing

I'm only in the second world so far but the textures are a mess (poor filtering maybe?) and everything is jaggy. The low res sticks out worse than Zelda did because of art style. It looks like a Wii U game tbh

But whatever I didn't expect anything other than GOTY caliber gameplay. It's still a blast to play even though it's not so nice to look at. Maybe I'll try handheld mode!

nick_b

Can't wait to get home. Game is downloaded but I went in to work at midnight to break down today's delivery. Don't want the new guy trying to call me in when he gets here so I figured I'd beat him to the punch. Then I can go home and play Mario all day.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Bought digitally so i could play tonight. Just gotta put my kids to sleep and then it’s game on!

supergiz

I've been waiting 30 minutes now for my DIGITAL eshop giftcard I bought from best buy to arrive. :(

Had an $100 gift card from them and decided to use it to get Mario Odyssey. Almost at the point where if I don't receive it in another 30 minutes I'm just using my CC to buy it. Can't wait to play

jwillenn

Good stuff so far! I would have liked some other control options (not a fan of shake to redirect Cappy to the nearest target, for example).

Peterc

I'm only in the second world so far but the textures are a mess (poor filtering maybe?) and everything is jaggy. The low res sticks out worse than Zelda did because of art style. It looks like a Wii U game tbh

But whatever I didn't expect anything other than GOTY caliber gameplay. It's still a blast to play even though it's not so nice to look at. Maybe I'll try handheld mode!

I've a hugh 4k tv and it looks amazing, even better than zelda. There are some small things that could be better. But so far I've played it, I love it. Gameplay is also best one I've ever played. Reminds me how many games out there has bad gameplay

Top Bottom