• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Survival Instict Revealed

Survival-Instinct-02.jpg
Just noticed...

Benpic1.png

doesn't look great. I do have to wonder why acti are even bothering, especially with the far superior dead island already on the market and with the expansion coming next year.

ezekial45

Banned
It's a ways off, thankfully, so they've got plenty of time to clean it up. Plus, it's got a lot of cool ideas. I'm willing to give em a shot.

XaosWolf

Those graphics are definitely what I'm looking forward to in 2013.
I just hope they make a sequel to Bloodstone after they've finished with this.

Carnby

I know people who will play this over Tell Tale's TWD. They will buy anything that 1) is based on a licensed franchise, 2) is an action game. Quality is rarely considered.

Me: That early footage of the Deadpool game looks rough.

Them: Yeah, but it's Deadpool. So I'll buy it.

bumclot

I don't get it, why is everyone treating this as a finished game? All games are going to look rough during their development. I didn't watch the whole video though, so if I missed something, never mind.

Either way, I'm not too interested. I still need to make it past episode one of Telltale's TWD and hopefully by the time I've finished that, the DayZ standalone will be out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't get it, why is everyone treating this as a finished game? All games are going to look rough during their development. I didn't watch the whole video though, so if I missed something, never mind.

Either way, I'm not too interested. I still need to make it past episode one of Telltale's TWD and hopefully by the time I've finished that, the DayZ standalone will be out.

The game is supposed to be out in a couple months.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
In the perfect world, the gameplay and concept of ZombiU would be paired with the Walking Dead IP + an AAA budget. Just imagine an Ubisoft Montreal and TellTale collaboration on such a title.

*faints*

Edit: that footage is almost insultingly bad.

Bluth54

Looks like shit. Which is expected by Terminal Reality.

It's too bad they didn't get a chance to do a sequel to Ghostbusters, it was the only game they made that I liked besides Metal Slug Anthology, which I guess doesn't really count since they just ported it.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I know people who will play this over Tell Tale's TWD. They will buy anything that 1) is based on a licensed franchise, 2) is an action game. Quality is rarely considered.

Me: That early footage of the Deadpool game looks rough.

Them: Yeah, but it's Deadpool. So I'll buy it.

Dude. Deadpool. What else do you want?

Concept17

I understand scaling shit down for a network/port-all game, but we really don't need anything ported to the PS2.

Man, why aren't any devs willing to take the risk of making a truly open world zombie game? If some modders can make some semblance of one from one of the jankiest games on the planet, surely someone can make a proper one.

Dead Island doesn't count. That shit was linear as fuck, and featured sewers.

Looks a little rough around the edges but I'll give it a shot at the right price. The idea of a stealth zombie game isn't bad. I find the lack of a crossbow disturbing, though. Hopefully it's not something they wait to give you until the ass end of the game.

Top Bottom