• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Addi

What was the point of the last scene between Arya & Sansa. Arya is all taunting & threatening Sansa, then goes and give her the dagger... for what reason? To give her a fair chance if her sister goes after her?

I hope it's for her to take out Littlefinger. It's his dagger. From Arya's perspective there are only two possibilities: Sansa is a traitor or Littlefinger is behind this. She threatened her and played the game of faces to see if she was honest. The faces are a threat, but it can also be saying "I can be littlefinger, you don't need him anymore". Or nothing of this happens and Arya is stupid.

Seesaw15

That would mean the NK was willing to lose 25-50-100 or more wights to create a bridge just to kill 10 humans and gain 10 more undead, lol. Big loss.

I don't believe he was waiting to draw the dragon out either.

Strategically it would have made sense to sacrifice 100+ wights to get rid of Jon and company. Jon alone has already taken out 2 of his generals and knows how to kill wights. I'm 50/50 on whether the NK can see the future or was just being economical and waiting for them to freeze to death.

Well I don't know about you guys but I think this season has been great. Maybe I'm just not hardcore enough of a fan to let a lot of the complaints bother me because I'd say this is ending up as one of the shows best seasons.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Dorne has been poorly received. They were right to kill off that plotline asap this season.

Yeah but the logic that you're going to be showing up to KL with, "two armies and dragons" and not ask demand your ally back, is weird as fuck. And before anyone states that how would Dany know Cersei has Ellaria, Euron's parade was a public event.

Speely

Banned
Well I don't know about you guys but I think this season has been great. Maybe I'm just not hardcore enough of a fan to let a lot of the complaints bother me because I'd say this is ending up as one of the shows best seasons.

I feel the same. It's been fantastic. I don't mind the sped up pace and fast travel that it entails. Shit is fantasy. Sure, there is realism vs verisimilitude, but I forgive them sacrificing some of the latter for the sake of bringing all these plot arcs together.

Yeah but the logic that you're going to be showing up to KL with, "two armies and dragons" and not ask demand your ally back, is weird as fuck. And before anyone states that how would Dany know Cersei has Ellaria, Euron's parade was a public event.
Plus, they have Varys. That fucker hears everything. He would've known without the damn parade.

I feel the same. It's been fantastic. I don't mind the sped up pace and fast travel that it entails. Shit is fantasy. Sure, there is realism vs verisimilitude, but I forgive them sacrificing some of the latter for the sake of bringing all these plot arcs together.
Same boat, but I can completely understand how it is bothering people. I'm just not one of them. The only piece that I don't like is the dialogue as of the last 2 seasons. It has been lacking that snappy wit. Not horrible. Just not nearly as great as it was in earlier seasons.

Strategically it would have made sense to sacrifice 100+ wights to get rid of Jon and company. Jon alone has already taken out 2 of his generals and knows how to kill wights. I'm 50/50 on whether the NK can see the future or was just being economical and waiting for them to freeze to death.

I don't know if he does see Jon as that big a threat or perhaps as someone he can take out very easily. He's had a few opportunities to at least make a decent attempt to try and kill him and hasn't, instead he just eye balls him. Falling into the lake was a perfect chance but he just let it go. He also seen him take out the first general, not the second though.

I think he was waiting for them to die out, dude has been taking his sweet time marching South for 7 seasons now, what's a few more days. Who knows, if he is a greenseer then that's bad news for the living.

Benjen could have easily rode off with Jon. "There's no time", what?

No time to explain maybe. He's been dead, saving Bran then Saving Jon may have been his only purposes post death. It was the 3ER who sent him to save Bran, so we can assume it was Bran who sent Benjen to save Jon.

People who defend jon snow are worse than sonic fans and furries.

I don't know why people are defending him anyway. I thought it was pretty clear that when he woke up and apologized to Dany it was because he was sorry his actions got her Dragon killed, not, I'm sorry for your loss type of apology.

a916

That would mean the NK was willing to lose 25-50-100 or more wights to create a bridge just to kill 10 humans and gain 10 more undead, lol. Big loss.

I don't believe he was waiting to draw the dragon out either.

I think the simplest thing is probably true... he doesn't care... time is on his side. Probably has no concept of real time considering he's how old?

He's not exactly in an rush to do anything. He also gives off the look of DGAF too.

Makki

Im just mad John Snow and his team set this whole NK shitstorm into motion by getting his ass up there to catch him a zombie over some disjointed plan formulated out of the blue to convince Cersei that white walkers exist.

Why the flying fuck would the northern armies and all of Daenerys force need to step back so John and company can hold a science fair for Cersei, given all the developments and the show of force she had just given the Lannisters? As if she will go "uhmmm, interesting, let me give up on my conquest fueled by utter hatred for all of you and give you some men, food and coin yes"

I'm extremely salty the story has taken a turn where the science fair was worth the death of one of the dragons for the NK army.

UrokeJoe

Im just mad John Snow and his team set this whole NK shitstorm into motion by getting his ass up there to catch him a zombie over some disjointed plan formulated out of the blue to convince Cersei that white walkers exist.

Why the flying fuck would the northern armies and all of Daenerys force need to step back so John and company can hold a science fair for Cersei, given all the developments and the show of force she had just given the Lannisters? As if she will go "uhmmm, interesting, let me give up on my conquest fueled by utter hatred for all of you and give you some men, food and coin yes"

I'm extremely salty the story has taken a turn where the science fair was worth the death of one of the dragons for the NK army.

Pretty much this. All for fucking Cersei?
In Hound voice.

pringles

Pretty much this. All for fucking Cersei?
In Hound voice.
Cersei is meaningless. Her thousands of soldiers are not.

If we could put together a group of 7 badass soldiers to go out and capture some global warming to present to Trump to show him it's real, that'd be a plan I'd back. Basically the only other alternative that has a chance would be to assassinate Cersei and put in place a Lannister leadership that would help with the fight against the WWs.

VeeP

I will defend Jon Snow until the world ends after seeing his abs this episode.

image.jpg

Prince that was promised...

original.gif

RIP my dead prince :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
image.jpg

Prince that was promised...

original.gif

RIP my dead prince :(

I recently found out that they had to film that shirtless scene to have a reason why in some shots they head a beard and in some they didn't.

D&D said all the actors were flexing like mofos just so their muscles looked bigger.

UrokeJoe

Cersei is meaningless. Her thousands of soldiers are not.

If we could put together a group of 7 badass soldiers to go out and capture some global warming to present to Trump to show him it's real, that'd be a plan I'd back. Basically the only other alternative that has a chance would be to assassinate Cersei and put in place a Lannister leadership that would help with the fight against the WWs.

The "thousands" don't seem to matter in this game lately.

Heshinsi

No it was this moron who came up with the plan.

Wait a minute. In Mereen during Dany's absence, I seem to recall Tyrion coming up with another plan that involved some clever negotiation with enemies hell bent on destroying him, the people he served, and Dany. I can't remember for the life of me if that plan worked out. I think it did right? I think he proved that Grey Worm and Missandei's worries where entirely unfounded. People like those I mentioned earlier can always be expected to deal with you fairly.

Griss

The way time and continuity work in this season I fully expect Jon and Dany to sleep together when they reach Dragonstone. Jon will then get up to go to the bathroom to clean up, look back at Dany and she'll be holding his child. He'll say "Aren't you..." and she'll say "It was the dragonmagic" and at the start of season 8 Eddard Drogo Targaryen will be Tommen's age.

VeeP

Lmao. How absurd. I have definitely never done this.

.......definitely

Yep, I'm same as you. Also I've never done this in pictures. Never.

The way time and continuity work in this season I fully expect Jon and Dany to sleep together when they reach Dragonstone. Jon will then get up to go to the bathroom to clean up, look back at Dany and she'll be holding his child. He'll say "Aren't you..." and she'll say "It was the dragonmagic" and at the start of season 8 Eddard Drogo Targaryen will be Tommen's age.

Hopefully Jon has many kids.

He can name his first born male Eddard Jorrah Stark, and his first daughter Lyanna Morment Stark. Maybe name his other kids Robb Sam Stark, Arya Sansa Stark, Benjen Ghost Stark. It would be a fitting end. Every great tale needs an epilogue like this.

Heshinsi

Yep, I'm same as you. Also I've never done this in pictures. Never.

Hopefully Jon has many kids.

He can name his first born male Eddard Jorrah Stark, and his first daughter Lyanna Morment Stark. Maybe name his other kids Robb Sam Stark, Arya Sansa Stark, Benjen Ghost Stark. It would be a fitting end. Every great tale needs an epilogue like this.

You meant to write Targaryen for those last names right?

Makki

No it was this moron who came up with the plan.

Oh I realize who came up with the idea and I didnt mean to imply John was behind it, but he unfortunately carries it through. My problem is mainly that it was jarringly unexpected, almost forced by poor writing I feel like, just to set the scene for future mishaps in favor of the NK army. I don't mind surprises, but the way this plan was dropped into the table made no damned sense context-wise.

duckroll

Posted?

The director of Thor 2 The Dark World and Terminator Genisys fucking OWNED GAF's shitty hot takes: http://www.newsweek.com/game-thrones-season-7-pace-criticism-director-alan-taylor-653038

“It’s funny...I did see one review where he just could not get past the airspeed velocity of a raven. If the show was struggling, if it wasn’t finding an audience, I would be up in arms about that and trying to press back, but it actually just made me laugh,” says Taylor.

“You’ve got a [dragon] that’s bigger than a [Boeing] 747 [plane] with seven people riding on its back, and you’re worried about the speed of a raven being believable. OK, obviously, we’re not doing our jobs correctly for you, but it seems to be working for a lot of other people.”

Taylor adds: “I know some people...it’s funny, because they’re just torturing themselves. They want to like the show.... The guy I was reading, he obviously got a protractor out and a ruler to measure how fast a raven would get from here to there. But hopefully that didn’t bog down too many people.”

“I understand the feeling about overall pacing,” says the director. “I do think they’re speeding things up as they head toward the finish line. And there were some things as a director I wish I had been able to linger on a little longer or play a little slower.

“But these guys have been driving this masterfully for quite a while, and they know what they’re doing.”

Suck it haters, etc.

Lol.

How do the ravens work anyway? How do ravens at Eastwatch know where Dragonstone is? I mean it's not some piddly little continent like Europe we're talking about, Westeros is fucking huge isn't it? That's like a full on migration flight for birds.

Fanuilos

How do the ravens work anyway? How do ravens at Eastwatch know where Dragonstone is? I mean it's not some piddly little continent like Europe we're talking about, Westeros is fucking huge isn't it? That's like a full on migration flight for birds.

I think the birds know a set route. The bird sent to Dragonstone wouldn't know the route to say Highgarden or Riverrun.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Something that I loved seeing in this episode was Thoros' flaming sword. It has always confused me how Jaime talked about Thoros charging into Pyke during the Ironborn rebellion with his flaming sword but then we only had seen Beric with it. I was starting to think that maybe it was an error or something, maybe in the books Thoros had it or something, but it seems like they both can use flaming swords.

Such a badass moment when they light them up at the same time.

I think the birds know a set route. The bird sent to Dragonstone wouldn't know the route to say Highgarden or Riverrun.

So they have ravens for every possible destination?

Something that I loved seeing in this episode was Thoros' flaming sword. It has always confused me how Jaime talked about Thoros charging into Pyke during the Ironborn rebellion with his flaming sword but then we only had seen Beric with it. I was starting to think that maybe it was an error or something, maybe in the books Thoros had it or something, but it seems like they both can use flaming swords.

Such a badass moment when they light them up at the same time.

Yeah that was pretty cool.

Fanuilos

So they have ravens for every possible destination?

Just about, yeah.

"Most ravens are trained to fly to a specific castle, but some few can be taught to fly between two castles and are therefore greatly prized. Once in a very great while, a raven can learn the names of three or four or even five castles, and fly to each upon command. Birds as clever as that come along only once in a hundred years."
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ravens

Top Bottom