• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Service is broke cause Trump & family vacationing across the US

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
USA Today

Secret Service out of money to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

The Secret Service can no longer afford to pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year. 

This is basically like when an indy promoter says 'I'll get you next time kid' except it applies to the people protecting the President

And it probably ends with them bouncing and leaving him extremely unprotected which ain't good at all

Fox News: "Secret Service playing politics instead of protecting the gawd damn President. Were they 'broke' when Obama was taking vacations every other day!? Trump has given up a lot to become President, and he's not even taking a salary! Is Soros to blame?!"

Fury451

Banned
This would seem like the one thing as president that you would prioritize keeping money for above all else. If not for yourself, then definitely for your family.

BigDes

Guy with many mob connections ends up bankrupting the agency in charge of investigating money laundering.

If Trump wasn't such a buffoon I'd say that it was done on purpose

However since he is a buffoon I'll say that he needs to stop going fucking golfing every damn day

Plum

"Mr. President, we've ran out of money to pay the secret service. You now have no protection."

"Wait, you mean we need to PAY the secret service? I thought they did it for free!"

LakeEarth

And if anything terrible happens, they'll blame the media for reporting the budget shortfall instead of dealing with the budget shortfall.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Pretty sad. All the tax payers money. People will still defend this scum on television, makes me puke.

Nepenthe

This is something you don't even think is possible. Like, surely the government has accounted for the budgetary needs of the secret service.

Trump just screwed himself with this. Secret Service can't do their job if they ain't the money to be paid for their services.

If only that were the case. No way this won't dip into some other fund or cause a levy of new taxes. Which is hilarious and sad. As he'll do more corporate tax breaks and incentives while charging American tax payers so he and his family can live their independent extravagant lifestyle's.

This is something you don't even think is possible. Like, surely the government has accounted for the budgetary needs of the secret service.

They do. The Trump family has just broken all kinds of precedents. I mean in a few months Trump had vacationed more than Obama in his whole time in office. And people got on Obama for "vacationing" too much. One of those people, who minced no words about it was Trump, which is such sweet irony.

This doesn't mean they stop protecting President. Even if you have some assassination fantasies.

Ya, it probably means they just keep going on faith and get reimbursed when the next admin pops in or something.

It's just such a weird thing to let happen considering how dead set they are on traveling everywhere. And good lord do I not want a sitting President to get assassinated again

StayDead

I'd like to see how long the racist fucks last without the protection. Dead by the end of the month is my guess.

The crazy right wing people who would likely assassinate people like Trump so I would say he's probably the safest politician in the world right now. I hate trump, but killing him is not a solution.

EDIT: nor should it ever be.

dramatis

Congress could in theory pass something legislating that Trump has to pay his own protection fees, no? Since he's a self described billionaire it shouldn't be a problem.

Khoryos

All part of the plan.

Yep, with the Secret Service broke and no longer able to protect him, he'll have to create his own bodyguards! I'm sure they'll want some continuity with the old organisation, though, so they'll probably do something like keep the initials.

Top Bottom