• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America register Fireemblemawakening.com domain

Good...

Though I won't feel sure until they actually announce it. NoA is pretty slimy and have eroded almost all benefit of the doubt from me.

I think we are pretty safe when it comes to 3DS localizations, after all they brought out Spirit Camera here which I didn't think would have happened at all. Hope for Fatal Frame 2 in the US is not so far behind. Here's hoping they announce it soon or by E3 at the latest though. I'm excited for sure!

I've imported...
Disaster, Another Code R, and Xenoblade from Europe
Fatal Frame 4 & Captain Rainbow from Japan

Sure it pissed me off that I thought we wouldn't be getting those RPGs, but I only played Xenoblade an hour before I lost interest. Not saying that I hoped it didn't come over because I thought it didn't make sense that every other market in the world (South Africa for crying outloud was getting Xenoblade [no offense] was getting the game and North America [the so-called biggest marker] wasn't). I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy The Last Story, I was actually quite interested in Pandora's Tower [that game gets shit on a lot].

I think Nintendo of America is finally trying again after seeing Op Rainfall and that they could actually squeeze out more money from the Wii since the localization work had already been done by the Euro branch.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Good...

Though I won't feel sure until they actually announce it. NoA is pretty slimy and have eroded almost all benefit of the doubt from me.

Er, while I agree that NOA has done a fairly underwhelming job when it comes to localization over the past few years, I must ask why you consider them "slimy."

Er, while I agree that NOA has done a fairly underwhelming job when it comes to localization over the past few years, I must ask why you consider them "slimy."
Because they are all talk and very little action.

It doesn't help that the head of NoA is extremely disingenuous and out of touch with his customer base.

massoluk

Banned
rF1Xd.png

Just saying...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
While Mother 3 initially not coming here is something that probably could have been worked around, the fan translation has basically ensured it is never a possibility in the future.

I don't want that to deter people from making fan translations (I'm anxiously awaiting one for AAI2, if it ever comes), but the possibility of an english re-release somewhere down the line went from slim to none.

No one to blame but themselves. They have been fucking up with the series in NA since that stupid Earthbound marketing campaign.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

This news makes me so happy you guys wouldn't believe it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
UNBELIEVABLE! I LOVE LIFE!

Okay, now we just need EB games to take pre-orders! :) You guys know this is the best selling Fire Emblem game to date, right? It's taking Japan by storm, nearly 300,000 copies sold its first week! Beating franchise sales combined. SWEEET.

Fire Emblem: Kakusei ------------ BOSS

Can't wait, come to Canada, please!

Now we just need Valkyria Chronicles III to get its ass on the plane as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should put Sacred Stones on the eshop for non ambassadors. I'd like to give you lots of money when it comes to Fire Emblem, Nintendo.

bon

Earthbound 64 definitely would've gotten a US release had the game happened.

Yeah, I remember Nintendo Power was hyping it up back then.

Mother 3 came out at the wrong time on the wrong system. If it was an N64 game in 2000 or a DS game in 2006 we would've gotten it.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Paste the following in your browser: fireemblemawakening.com

The later release is probably to spread the revenue across quarters i would imagine. The game is most likely already done for release in the west.

rF1Xd.png

Just saying...
So does that is mean they had mother3.com for 10 years and only revealed this fact to the world around when the translation came out.

Or was it they smashed and grabbed the domain at that point from random squatters to prevent a fan using it to link to the fan translation?

Why did they skip on the last DS Fire Emblem? I wanted to play it since I loved Shadow Dragon!
Nobody knows. Some say Shadow Dragon doing badly (or at least getting a colder reception to the point of "don't you try and scam me with the other half"...which were sort of my words in the post-play survey...) while others say it was too late in the DS life and so wouldn't sell a great deal or would draw sales away from that shiny 3DS thing they keep poking at us...of course none of that can stop Pokemon Conquest (unless you're NOE :( ).

Also it was the time when NOA decided to try the tactic of "if we releasing absolutely nothing, nothing will sell badly".

Nobody knows. Some say Shadow Dragon doing badly (or at least getting a colder reception to the point of "don't you try and scam me with the other half"...which were sort of my words in the post-play survey...) while others say it was too late in the DS life and so wouldn't sell a great deal or would draw sales away from that shiny 3DS thing they keep poking at us...

Definitely the latter, because Shadow Dragon didn't actually sell poorly.

bon

So does that is mean they had mother3.com for 10 years and only revealed this fact to the world around when the translation came out.

Or was it they smashed and grabbed the domain at that point from random squatters to prevent a fan using it to link to the fan translation?

Nobody knows. Some say Shadow Dragon doing badly (or at least getting a colder reception to the point of "don't you try and scam me with the other half"...which were sort of my words in the post-play survey...) while others say it was too late in the DS life and so wouldn't sell a great deal or would draw sales away from that shiny 3DS thing they keep poking at us...of course none of that can stop Pokemon Conquest (unless you're NOE :( ).

Also it was the time when NOA decided to try the tactic of "if we releasing absolutely nothing, nothing will sell badly".

Europe isn't getting Pokemon + Nobunaga? NoA redeemed.

With the game being the first to have DLC made by Nintendo, I think we're going to see the game released world wide to see if the DLC does well in NA and Japan.

With the game being the first to have DLC made by Nintendo, I think we're going to see the game released world wide to see if the DLC does well in NA and Japan.

Yeah, I'll bet Americans can't wait to throw money at NOA to play as Alm and Leaf. Just like when Americans rushed to the stores to buy Fire Emblem Gaiden and Thracia 776 when NOA these gems back in the day.

CSX

Yeah, I'll bet Americans can't wait to throw money at NOA to play as Alm and Leaf. Just like when Americans rushed to the stores to buy Fire Emblem Gaiden and Thracia 776 when NOA these gems back in the day.

How many people buying the JP copy actually played those old FEs?

A lot of people who buy FE in the US are fans of the Japanese games, or at least know of the characters. And even still people who just randomly buy the games may still buy the Marth/Roy/Micaiah DLC cause of Smash/FE10, and might go on to buy other DLC if they enjoy the game and the Marth/Roy DLC.

donny2112

It was the biggest bomba price I've ever seen from where I live, of course that doesn't matter at all.

$10 at Wal-Mart. However, it was also the weakest playing of the U.S. Fire Emblems. New Mystery of the Emblem was supposed to be better, I think, so it's disappointing that the weaker of the two was the only one to make it to the U.S. for DS. :(

SMT

It forwards to Nintendo.com. Makes sense.

I'm sure this is coming to the US, but we probably won't hear about it until E3.

I'm betting on it too, since the English, French, and Spanish versions are already confirmed for Europe, those languages cover the Americas.

I wonder when they'll update the site with goodies. :)

IrishNinja

awesome! we really need e3 confirmation though, i'm like just discovering this series now.

Now NOA confirm the awesome FE 3ds edition please.

aw man, this too. im not gonna sell my zelda one but it'd be cool to have options.

Oh but we have the DS version. Do you have a portable version of Terranigma?

ice cold

While Mother 3 initially not coming here is something that probably could have been worked around, the fan translation has basically ensured it is never a possibility in the future.

I don't want that to deter people from making fan translations (I'm anxiously awaiting one for AAI2, if it ever comes), but the possibility of an english re-release somewhere down the line went from slim to none.

never really thought about this...still glad it happened so i could play it, but maybe a Mother 2/3 collection could work one day?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
awesome! we really need e3 confirmation though, i'm like just discovering this series now.

ice cold

never really thought about this...still glad it happened so i could play it, but maybe a Mother 2/3 collection could work one day?

I am surprised that no one mention Crono Cross and other games.

Oh no! What is this appearing in the May issue of Nintendo Power?
http://www.nintendopower.com/images/NP278_TOC.pdf

NP is featuring Fire Emblem: Kakusei!

Also, what are Groudon and Articuno doing beside the new metamorphic Pokémon?

Kakusei? I spy something Awakening.

Oh no! What is this appearing in the May issue of Nintendo Power?
http://www.nintendopower.com/images/NP278_TOC.pdf

NP is featuring Fire Emblem: Kakusei!

Also, what are Groudon and Articuno doing beside the new metamorphic Pokémon?

That's really good news, although I'm not taking it as 100% confirmation. Nintendo Power isn't published by Nintendo themselves anymore, so I don't know how much access they actually get to what's going on within Nintendo.

Top Bottom