• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who 2017 Christmas Special Trailer: "Twice Upon A Time"

Cerium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCkDXegqjR0

Believe it or not this will actually be only the second multi-Doctor episode of the modern era. It looks good actually. I'm hopeful that Moffat will go out on a relatively high note.

Seeing the stuff from the First Doctor recreated is a neat gimmick (I guess they had most of it already prepared from the docudrama).

Last male Doctor episode for a while.

iMax

Believe it or not this will actually be only the second multi-Doctor episode of the modern era. It looks good actually. I'm hopeful that Moffat will go out on a relatively high note.

Whilst not an episode, the one-off 'Time Crash' with David Tennant and Peter Davison is a must watch.

Huh.... So they brought back Bill for this one.

Not sure how I feel about this. I despised what happened with Clara how they had multiple goodbyes but she just kept on coming back.

Cerium

Huh.... So they brought back Bill for this one.

Not sure how I feel about this. I despised what happened with Clara how they had multiple goodbyes but she just kept on coming back.

As if Clara's not coming back for this one too. You know Moffat can't help himself.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Interesting to see Peter Capaldi's Doctor getting a final episode where he doesn't seem to be much of the focus for the story.

VAD

Did his hair get even bigger? David Bradley is so good they should do remakes of the first seasons. Happy to see Bill back!

Slime

Banned
yep looks like it. Double the regenerations.

Man. This has the potential to be so cool.

I hope Moffat can pull this off. I have so much nostalgia for the first two Doctors, so this whole scenario is like a fan service-y dream come true to me. It also has the potential to be super terrible, though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

This whole premise kinda reads like Moffat's (and maybe Capaldi and Bradley's?) Big Finish pilot episode.

M.Bluth

Man. This has the potential to be so cool.

I hope Moffat can pull this off. I have so much nostalgia for the first two Doctors, so this whole scenario is like a fan service-y dream come true to me. It also has the potential to be super terrible, though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

This whole premise kinda reads like Moffat's (and maybe Capaldi and Bradley's?) Big Finish pilot episode.

It seems he does his best when under a lot of pressure, so I'm hoping that this being his last ever episode, he'll pull it off beautifully.
The trailer looks pretty cool!

Savitar

Double the regeneration's double the fun!

If they want to use him to redo some of the missing first season Doctor episodes not against it, he could do it justice.

2U8P4S5.png

Nooo they got the windows wrong! So close yet so far.

M.Bluth

2U8P4S5.png

Nooo they got the windows wrong! So close yet so far.

It's an odd mistake considering the current tardis' window frames are white like the original and not blue...
(Looking at pictures, it seems the blue frames did show up in the Hartnell era, but only in what seem to be shots of a miniature model)

It's an odd mistake considering the current tardis' window frames are white like the original and not blue...
(Looking at pictures, it seems the blue frames did show up in the Hartnell era, but only in what seem to be shots of a miniature model)

One can get a bit nitpicky about different Tardises, it's a slippery slope.

Effect

I'm glad Bill is back. I wanted a better send off and goodbye for her and for the Doctor to actually know what happen to her. The idea that there would be no closure there was something I didn't like but wanted to wait and see if the Christmas special would actually address it. I'm glad that it seems they might be.

xandaca

Very glad Capaldi's going out with batshit crazy hair. Hopefully he gets to play his guitar one last time as well. Not mad about David Bradley as One and hopefully Gatiss isn't playing the Brig, but otherwise fingers crossed Moffat pulls something great out of the hat for Capaldi's farewell. He deserves it, especially as the last season didn't do him justice.

That hair is just great, mad crazy and eccentric just like the Doctor should be in my eyes. Cannot wait for this episode on Christmas Day.

adj_noun

If they want to use him to redo some of the missing first season Doctor episodes not against it, he could do it justice.

I would actually dig that. I think Bradley would do a good job.

I think Troughton is borderline unrecastable though.

Blues1990

Did his hair get even bigger? David Bradley is so good they should do remakes of the first seasons. Happy to see Bill back!

12th Doctor: "We do have one little advantage"

First Doctor: "What advantage?"

12th Doctor: "Our hair."

MartyStu

I am super happy that Pearl made it back for one last goodbye.

I really hope we see her some more during Whitiker's tenure as well.

ryan13ts

This looks like it has the potential to be pretty good. I'm also glad Bill is back, didn't like the idea of that being how they're journey ended. Was it ever confirmed that she (or Nardole for that matter) wasn't coming back for the next series?

Blues1990

I am super happy that Pearl made it back for one last goodbye.

I really hope we see her some more during Whitiker's tenure as well.

With regards to the earlier seasons that have lost their episodes, I would be fine if they either did a mini-series or a radio drama that brings the new actors (including David Bradley) reading the old scripts and filling in the gaps.

There is a lot of potential to mine those lost episodes.

Big Nikus

Happy to see Bill too, but what I want is a whole season of only Nardole doing Nardole stuff.
Wait, fuck that, I want a season with Missy as the main protagonist and Nardole as her companion.

Top Bottom