• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
High fives for those who got my joke.

Back to Skyrims now. Just hook it into my veins!

Why am I sitting at work sick.

Why has my copy not yet arrived.

Why?

Choc said:
i support this measure

What happened to your morals choc? Sell them out for some only forum group. Shesh.

new thread! new thread!

I wanna new PC for gaming

It's only going to be used for gaming (and a little light Sound Forge). I have another computer to do everything else (browsing, movies, work) so the PC has to not cost a fortune. I'm only playing MF3 and Black Ops at 1920 X 1200 res

I was toying with building one but sanity prevailed. Also the bits that I had have knocked about $50 of the price so it's not worth it.

I need some recommendations for a case, PSU and a motherboard to go with an i5 2500K and an AMD 6950

Gaz- Brendan Brewer needs to get a job in a game store

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The way PC retail is going there wont be games sold for people to steal keys from.

If I had it my way the gaming shelves would only display the games I like and think are worth buying. Tons of PC and Wii stuff, my small selection of PS3 games, and help to register a Steam and GOG account.

Fredescu

ClivePwned said:
I need some recommendations for a case, PSU and a motherboard to go with an i5 2500K and an AMD 6950
Budget? CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced is a pretty popular option. I also like the Lancool PC-K60 and variants. If you can go for more, have a look through the Corsair or Silverstone cases. They make some really sexy gear.

PSU, you should be ok with a 600w. Try and get one that is 80plus bronze rated. I prefer Seasonic or Corsair, but if it's 80plus bronze or higher it's probably pretty damn good. Consider a modular PSU if you can afford it as it minimises clutter.

I'm not really up on the latest motherboards, but you'll want either a P67 based board or a Z68 based board. It looks like they might be phasing out the P67 now as there seems to be a lot more Z68 boards around.

ClivePwned said:
new thread! new thread!

I wanna new PC for gaming

It's only going to be used for gaming (and a little light Sound Forge). I have another computer to do everything else (browsing, movies, work) so the PC has to not cost a fortune. I'm only playing MF3 and Black Ops at 1920 X 1200 res

I was toying with building one but sanity prevailed. Also the bits that I had have knocked about $50 of the price so it's not worth it.

Gaz- Brendan Brewer needs to get a job in a game store
I picked up a HAF912 case as I couldn't find stock of the CM 690 II Advanced which is being redone with USB3.0 ports for release next week. The HAF seems to have great circulation and was a breeze to install into.
I ended up with with a Corsair HX-650 PSU as I don't plan on going SLI in the future so that is more then enough wattage. Also since it is modular it made connecting everything up really neat and tidy.
For the motherboard I grabbed an ASUS p8z68-v LX just because the price is fantastic and it does the job. Has back USB 3.0 ports but no support for 3.0 on the front of a case. The LE is only a little more and has 3.0 front port support but going by NewEgg reviews some of the LE can have problems with onboard sound. Very happy with the LX.
Also grabbed a 212+ CPU cooler and it was much, much easier to fit than I expected. Should allow me to overclock over 4Ghz easily.

Gazunta

This is how things would end up with Brendan in a game store:
2011-01-28-Reviewer-05.gif

And then he would be fired ten minutes later.

Stackboy

Someone add me to the twitter thingies.

https://twitter.com/#!/stackboyroyale

I mostly just talk about games and things that make me laugh. Like games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Metroid Prime too would be good.

Jijidasu

Popped in to let the guys managing the AusGAF platoon in BF3 that I applied under jijidasu.

Technically not in Australia all the time but the timezone is close enough!

EatChildren

I have been meaning to ask for too long, but which of the many beautiful KPop goddesses appears in Salazar's avatar, and which image?

Salazar

EatChildren said:
I have been meaning to ask for too long, but which of the many beautiful KPop goddesses appears in Salazar's avatar, and which image?

Beautiful Ham Eunjung from T-ara. I'll find the image.

1mTsR.jpg

Choc

Banned
anyone catch that tidbit over the weekend that live is apparently adding a new account every 2 seconds

so

120 a minute

7200 a hour

172800 a day

wat

EatChildren

Salazar said:
Beautiful Ham Eunjung from T-ara. I'll find the image.

Lovely. Thank you.

Gazunta

Choc said:
anyone catch that tidbit over the weekend that live is apparently adding a new account every 2 seconds

so

120 a minute

7200 a hour

172800 a day

wat
There are 221,073,919,720,733,000,000,000 unique possible combinations of Xbox LIVE gamertags. (36 possible characters for each of the 15 characters in a Gamertag)

That is 1,279,362,961,346,840,000 days worth of Gamertags.

Which is 3,505,104,003,689,960 years worth of Gamertags.

BUT!

Most will be unreadable combinations of random characters simply chosen because people's preferred Gamertags are taken.

Man, I'm glad I own my simple Gamertag. It won't be long until all the readable ones are gone.

EatChildren said:
You need the Reverse Google Image Search extension for Chrome my friend! Works much better than TinyEye.

Salazar said:
Beautiful Ham Eunjung from T-ara.
Ham tastes so damn good too. Not in the same league as Bacon but still, Ham is a tasty meat.

Choc said:

120 a minute

wat
Don't you mean 30 a minute?

Salazar said:
Play AC:R on 42 inches of SD, or 23 inches of HD ?
Won't it only be 600p or something on consoles? I actually have never looked at a DF on the AssCreed series. Of course if you mean PC then go for the smaller, denser monitor for higher resolution without the jaggies.

Gazunta

Oh crap, i totally forgot spaces are allowed in Gamertags. Well, I ain't doing the math again.

Edit: Whoops looks like Choc's math is wrong too, I'm outta here this whole thing's falling apart.

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
You need the Reverse Google Image Search extension for Chrome my friend! Works much better than TinyEye.

Ham tastes so damn good too. Not in the same league as Bacon but still, Ham is a tasty meat.

Don't you mean 30 a minute?

haha

shit yes :)

ok so divide by 2 and its still bs numbers

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Won't it only be 600p or something on consoles? I actually have never looked at a DF on the AssCreed series. Of course if you mean PC then go for the smaller, denser monitor for higher resolution without the jaggies.

Going to grab console tomorrow and wait for PC to get cheap. 42 it is. That way I can keep Skyrim hooked up.

Danoss

Choc said:

so

120 a minute

wat
wat indeed.

1 account every 2 seconds is 30 accounts per minute.

edit: beaten horribly

Fred, RepScorp

budget is as little as possible- I'm aiming for under 1k. Less would be better because it eats into my savings earmarked for a possible trip to America next year

i don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers,

Danoss

Choc said:
ok so divide by 2 and its still bs numbers
Oh yeah, also wrong. Somehow you quadrupled the actual figures.

Divide by 4.

edit: somehow i missed this other horrible beating

I also recall Choc saying he was recorded as being able to type at 100wpm with only 2 errors. In which universe is this? Typo after typo, minimal capitalisation or punctuation. This is ignoring mathematical errors as well I would assume.

Top Bottom