• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today is Twin Peaks day

Status
Not open for further replies.
C5aBd7lXQAAR4ow.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Weird that Twin Peaks has a relatively high population for a "small" town.

Show makes it seem like they should have a population at least a quarter of that, especially considering they only had like 4 cops?

Maligna

Banned
Weird that Twin Peaks has a relatively high population for a "small" town.

Show makes it seem like they should have a population at least a quarter of that, especially considering they only had like 4 cops?

The network made the creators of the show change it. They were afraid viewers wouldn't be able to relate to such a small town so the population got bumped up. Was originally 5,120.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The network made the creators of the show change it. They were afraid viewers wouldn't be able to relate to such a small town so the population got bumped up. Was originally 5,120.

And yet everyone still seems to know each other, there's only one department store and the largest sources of income for the town are a lumber mill and a hotel?

... Nice thinking executives.

I hope that's not a production still because the gloom is missing.

edit: Nevermind you already answered my question.

Got lucky with nice weather that day. I remember me and my fiance talking about how nice it was that particular day compared to the rest of the week. Couple more from that day

bB0PSsy.jpg

GsK4J6h.jpg

MMKQW2y.jpg

Flipyap

And yet everyone still seems to know each other, there's only one department store and the largest sources of income for the town are a lumber mill and a hotel?

... Nice thinking executives.
Yep, but since then two book tie-ins established it as a "misprint" within the world of the show, turning a dumb network mandate into a cute bit of flavor.

Hell yeah it is.

Sadly my local record store still hasn't gotten the FWWM vinyl reissue in yet. I was hoping to take a picture of my 4 Twin Peaks vinyl albums (Floating into the Night, Xiu Xiu, Series Mondo, FWWM Mondo) + Blu Ray box set + Secret History book, but sadly it is not to be.

I'll probably make time to watch FWWM tonight though. The more I see it the more it grows on me.

dan2026

I've gotten bogged down in that mid-season 2 red zone twice now. I just need to power through, I guess.

Just finished watching the 2nd season not too long ago.
Its a bit of a slog but its probably worth it.
Weird how half the plot threads literally went nowhere though.

May 21 still feels so far away! I remember when shooting wrapped in Washington state in Fall of '15 thinking the wait would be arduous but nope, this close to the finish line is the worst of it (like anything). Still hoping for a "traditional" trailer but not holding my breath knowing Lynch.

Maybe I'll take a day trip out to North Bend today with the missus...

Gosh, I love that show. My mother-in-law is like, a legit SUPER FAN. She's got this huge network of friends from all over the world of TP fans... a room stuffed to the gills with decor to make it feel like Dale's room... anyway, she got me into it and I just love it. Can't make it to Fest this year but someday I'll get there. But I'm so stoked for the show.

Gosh, I love that show. My mother-in-law is like, a legit SUPER FAN. She's got this huge network of friends from all over the world of TP fans... a room stuffed to the gills with decor to make it feel like Dale's room... anyway, she got me into it and I just love it. Can't make it to Fest this year but someday I'll get there. But I'm so stoked for the show.

This will probably be my first year attending, can't imagine what the turnout will be like with the show coming back. Curious to see if Showtime plans on rolling out the red carpet in a collab with the fest organizers and get some heavy hitters there like Kyle. Heck, the show will still be airing then (July) so it'd be a perfect opportunity to do a proper blowout.

Unicorn

Why is Lara Flynn Boyle such a downer? Cock-blocking the budding relationship that got mangled in season 2, and on top of that not even returning for the 3rd season?

12285159161cd6dcb302f1a37b73f7ca.jpg

"The angels will return, and when you see the one that's meant to help you, you will weep with joy."

I love this show so much. Watching it for the first time with my brother is one my fondest memories.

Unicorn

Also, it took me well over 10 years to actually finish the show. I got stuck around that season 2 dip and finally pushed through to nirvana with my SO about a month ago.

I am beyond excited for this new season, and hearing it has also pulled out from potential strife is encouraging (I was legit worried when Lynch was dipping in 2015).

So I've also never made it through S2. If possible, what episode does it pick back up? If I enjoyed the ending I'd probably go back and watch through the slump.

So I've also never made it through S2. If possible, what episode does it pick back up? If I enjoyed the ending I'd probably go back and watch through the slump.

I honestly think it's best to just watch everything. Really can't imagine doing anything else. Just space them out accordingly to avoid fatigue/oversaturation.

Just push through. The ending really is amazing.

The guide posted above is pretty good, at any rate.

Syntsui

Finished watching yesterday, it started very promising but the drop in quality by the middle of second season was one of the most dramatic I've ever seen in a series.

People said the ending would be worth it so I sticked to it and, oh boy, what a gigantic stinky pile of hot polluted garbage that was. I can't remember anything related to any media that was so disappointing as this series, specially considering how interesting some characters were.

Finished watching yesterday, it started very promising but the drop in quality by the middle of second season was one of the most dramatic I've ever seen in a series.

People said the ending would be worth it so I sticked to it and, oh boy, what a gigantic stinky pile of hot polluted garbage that was. I can't remember anything related to any media that was so disappointing as this series, specially considering how interesting some characters were.

I liked pretty much every episode except for a couple and the ending. For better or worse (and in my opinion worse), the finale was the most Lynch thing about the series.

Why is Lara Flynn Boyle such a downer? Cock-blocking the budding relationship that got mangled in season 2, and on top of that not even returning for the 3rd season?

She's so lame. I don't give a crap that she's not returning to be honest. No Michael is depressing though.

lol holy shit

I have to say though, my heart still races when I see any of the classic Bob scenes. Terrifying even in a silly video like this.

Bob's fashion sense kept me from ever taking him too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom