• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well I'm still a sucker for the series, so count me in. Bows are always badass.

I just wish they had released an expansion for C2 to hold us over though.

ArjanN

Seems people haven't seen Rambo.

Imagine a bow with:
- explosives
- sedative
- camera
- proxy mines
- mic
etc

Lol sedative? I'm pretty sure if you had nano-suit strength and a compostite bow you could shoot right through a mountain.

injurai

Banned
What I meant to say was the rim would hi the side of the bow and it would go off course.
EXAMPLE:
2CwtA.jpg

Looks like the arrow is held in some sort of grav-rail set up. Arrow probably never touches the side of the bow.

-BLITZ-

So here we go with the city again. How can a Crossbow have effect on aliens and full body armored enemies. I wished so much to see the game at least in jungle again, but it seems they want to make it into a COD/Battlefield/Medal Of Honor series thing.

Everything started with the jungle, it had to end with the jungle.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Lol sedative? I'm pretty sure if you had nano-suit strength and a compostite bow you could shoot right through a mountain.

A bow isn't going to be more powerful than a gun.
But hell, this is crysis, they'll attach tiny nuclear warheads on the tip of every arrow.

McHuj

I hope DX11 support is available from the start and much better. Crysis 2 looked great, imo. But I think Crytek can do better with DX11.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I absolutely loved the city environment in Crysis 2, but I'm hoping they find a way to deliver both.

More importantly, I really hope they work on the AI and story telling this time around.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
IF you believe in them, im sure they do work.

injurai

Banned
Please EA this is your only chance to redeem yourselves... don't fuck it up... please dear god don't fuck this up.

Hopefully Crytek with their engine and prowess will have more influence one the development of this game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
better continue from the Crysis story not the rubbish Crysis 2 story.

Crysis: Aliens are invading.
Crysis 2: Aliens have invaded.
Crysis 3: Aliens are still invading.

I am totally ready for Crysis 3. I am surprised that they were able to turn around another game so quickly (presuming this is true). I guess a large chuck of the dev time for 2 was getting the new engine.

I absolutely loved the city environment in Crysis 2, but I'm hoping they find a way to deliver both.

More importantly, I really hope they work on the AI and story telling this time around.

Yup I liked the city but hope they can mix things up. Did love the whole park thing at the end of the first.

But the AI was the only issue I really had with C2, it was so bad which really stood out when the game was so good in other areas.

Rapstah

Am I missing something amazing about composite bows that makes it possible to do that? You can be as strong as you want to but at some point the bow's just going to break.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Maybe Crysis 3 will pull a Halo 2 and we'll play half the campaign as an alien.

Actually they should scrap the nanosuit entirely and let me play as an alien.

Or just make a full scale Predator game.

I dunno.

Well that was quick. Didn't Crysis 2 just come out last year. Are they trying to put this on a COD annual release schedule?

Having played Crysis 2 at maxed on pc, the game was severely under-rated and it received a lot of unfair bashing because of several factors i.e. no DX11 at launch, not being available on Steam, releasing on consoles. The open-world of the first game was gone, but Crytek still delivered the best FPS of 2011.

derFeef

Am I missing something amazing about composite bows that makes it possible to do that? You can be as strong as you want to but at some point the bow's just going to break.

100 pounds of energy, 400km/h. Dont underestimate a compound bow.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would like to se more bridging of story between C1 and C2. What happened with he original nanosuit crew [Nomad, Prophet, Psycho], more missions at Lingshan island, that sorts of thing.

CryptiK

Crysis: Aliens are invading on a remote island in the middle of no where.
Crysis 2: disregards first game puts you in a city. Different aliens no closure on what they are or where they are from which was touched on in C1 and never revealed in C2.
Crysis 3: ?????

Cornbread78

If they can get rid of the lag and the piece of crap MP that was C2, then I may be interested. C2 was waaay too inconsistant with it's crappy gunplay and hit detection....

Hoping for another MP beta for this one.

I'm one of the few that considered C2 MP fun.

Edit:

Drop Gamespy. For the love of all holy and great, DROP GAMESPY.

Crysis: Aliens are invading on a remote island in the middle of no where.
Crysis 2: disregards first game puts you in a city. Different aliens no closure on what they are or where they are from which was touched on in C1 and never revealed in C2.
Crysis 3: ?????

They were not different aliens, C2 states that they are the same aliens, and they go into explaining other facets of them such as why they are appearing in other places and how it all tied into C1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom