• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

RM8

Against popular opinion, I think shmups suck on touch screens :( A shame because I've been wanting to buy Sine Mora for a while.

Also, guys, Asphalt 8 is super fun :p It blows my mind that this game can be so cheap.

I beat 10 million, and it was fantastic! Great match rpg well worthy of all the praise or gets. I moved onto "Oh Edo Towns" by kairosoft. So far it is a great little town sim without all the time management nonsense.

RM8

Submarino Conversível;77995233 said:
IAPs, y or n?
Oh, there are IAPs, and they're ridiculous. But you don't need them at all - maybe the game becomes unbearably grind-ish later? No idea.

mrhGB

Banned
So I recently got a Nexus 7 2013 and I've been playing lots of Zynga games but I'm having a problem with Scramble with friends (free). I take my turn just fine, but if I click done when it's the other players turn I just get stuck on the loading screen and have to force close it. If I just sit on the screen I'll get a notification when it's my turn and I can open the game from there. It seems to be a problem with going back to the games home screen.

Does anyone else have this issue?

The Room is on sale for $0.99 at the moment. I have not played the game but it got amazing reviews on iOS and has really good reviews on the Play Store.

Not sure how long this sale will last for but you should probably check this game out!

The Room is on sale for $0.99 at the moment. I have not played the game but it got amazing reviews on iOS and has really good reviews on the Play Store.

Not sure how long this sale will last for but you should probably check this game out!
Worth it. Short, but worth it for a dollar. Got it myself off a humble bundle. Great game.

r3n4ud

Walking Dead Assault is 50% off ($1.49)

On another note, Kairosoft really needs a nice sale on its games. Would love to pick up a slew of them!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Walking Dead Assault is 50% off ($1.49)

On another note, Kairosoft really needs a nice sale on its games. Would love to pick up a slew of them!

Just picked up WD:A and it is a blast and SO pretty. I'm running it on an OG Nexus 7 and it's flawless. I hear it runs like a champ on even the most awful devices, all the way down to Gingerbread,

r3n4ud

Just picked u WD:A and it is a blast and SO pretty. I'm running it on an OG Nexus 7 and it's flawless. I hear it runs like a champ on even the most awful devices, all the way down to Gingerbread,
Good to hear. I'm running it on a Shield and it's gorgeous! Great game all around.

r3n4ud

I'm a new shield owner so stupid question... I can run any game from the play store or can I only pick from the "shield store" tab??
You can buy any game :). But, you cannot use the controller with all the games. The games on the Shield store are controller enabled.

Hope more devs add the Shield controller to their games...

Fireblend

Banned
I'm looking for feedback on my first Android game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fireblend.puzzledash&hl=en

Made over a weekend during Ludum Dare, so it might be a bit rough around the edges. I do plan to update it though, and I think it's a pretty decent time waster at least as it is right now. Any impressions are more than welcome :)

10166-shot2.png

mrhGB

Banned
Does anyone play Shadowgun: Deadzone? I'm playing it on my N7 2013 and I'm getting micro freezing fairly often, most of the time the gameplay is smooth but then I'll micro freeze for a split second. I'm just wondering if this is a game issue or if the N7 2013 just isn't powerful enough. I have set my GFX to low.

Horseticuffs

Hey doods, He-Man the most powerful game in the universe is out on Play. I must warn you, it is broke as FUCK, son. It won't download the mandatory additional data.

That being said, I didn't get a refund and I bought it knowing this. It's supposed to be an excellent fucking game and I do love He-man. I'm pretty confident a big swinger like Chillingo is going to fix this shit pretty quick.

RM8

I was going to buy it.

But then I noticed it's not available in Mexico. Android has the most idiotic digital region lock out there :(

mrhGB

Banned
Bah, Draw Something 2 stopped working for me yesterday, it just gets stuck on connecting to Zynga. It's my favourite game by far so this really sucks. Is anyone else having this issue?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Is there a site or forum that lists price drops for Android games/apps, just like appshopper/touch arcade's forum?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Thanks for the info! Got my first Android a couple of days ago, so know pretty much nothing about it!

Horseticuffs

There's the appsales, uh, app. That do the trick for you?
The app has never steered me wrong before. That's how I knew about Walking Dead going on sale instantly. Got a notification and everything.

Seriously, guys, Walking Dead:Assault is the best mobile strategy game I've played. I bought Wesnoth but it's waaaaaay too hard even on easy.

depths20XX

Anyone played Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes?

I remember hearing the DS version was really good.

It's like Puzzle Quest but better right?

Would like to hear some impressions.

O Tavares

Neo Member
I've played Clash of Heroes on the DS and Steam, and yes, it's a very good puzzle game. I wouldn't call it a Puzzle Quest, although the core gameplay is similar, they both play quite differently. In my opinion, they are both must-buys for fans of the genre.

Touch controls are the best and fit the game perfectly well.

DirtyLarry

I'm looking for feedback on my first Android game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fireblend.puzzledash&hl=en

Made over a weekend during Ludum Dare, so it might be a bit rough around the edges. I do plan to update it though, and I think it's a pretty decent time waster at least as it is right now. Any impressions are more than welcome :)

10166-shot2.png
I checked it out. I actually love simple games on my phone (Galaxy s4), so I think this has a ton of potential. I truly do. My suggestions, again playing it on a phone, would be to zoom out so more of the playing field is seen. It seems to be very zoomed in, so it makes what should be a simpler game much more challenging than it needs to be because there is not a lot of area to play. Does that make sense? Otherwise I think it without a doubt has potential, and is reminiscent of my current favorite game, Dots.

louiedog

It was mentioned above, but The Room is still on sale for 99 cents. It was updated today with a new epilogue chapter to lead into the sequel that's coming later this year.

The game was also in a BTA tier of a Humble Bundle. It's been updated there as well.

Horseticuffs

Hey guys and gals, i'm hoping to make the most out of Play Games. Is there an official Gaf Android Gaming circle? Didn't have much luck when I looked, maybe I'm missing something?

The app has never steered me wrong before. That's how I knew about Walking Dead going on sale instantly. Got a notification and everything.

Seriously, guys, Walking Dead:Assault is the best mobile strategy game I've played. I bought Wesnoth but it's waaaaaay too hard even on easy.

I've been eyeing off the Walking Dead:Assault, might consider it now that it's on sale.

Horseticuffs

I've been eyeing off the Walking Dead:Assault, might consider it now that it's on sale.
I recommend it! I just beat it and plan on playing again on hard. It's the first "core" mobile game to grab me in a while and it's making me consider watching the first two seasons on Netflix.

What are the requirements of this game?
Checking the app website, it says my devices are incompatible (Samsung S4 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra)

Tried looking for it in Google Play Store, but cannot find Middle Management of Justice.
I see for S3. Weird for no S4
Don't know what they are doing but my n7 gets warm

Top Bottom