• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

iosa

Game seems a little bit more responsive now but it is still laggy.

Also I didn't know a stun grenade could kill you instantly at full health. Just happened to me.

Kadin

7 rounds... 2 kills. Yikes. Two top 10 finishes but yeah this might be a tad harder than I imagined. Either way it's some fun shit.

venomenon

Htf do you use the 4x/8x times sights ?
Single right click when they're attached.

Fun game. Very intense in solo mode, I suck but I already like it better than The Culling. Hope to play squad mode with friends soon.

It also runs very smoothly, I had expected much worse performance. Only got some serious server lag yesterday, none at all today. Pretty surprising for an Early Access game of this kind, but then again I'm used to the mess that is DayZ...

Grief.exe

Double right click for me.

It also runs very smoothly, I had expected much worse performance. Only got some serious server lag yesterday, none at all today. Pretty surprising for an Early Access game of this kind, but then again I'm used to the mess that is DayZ...

I only experience lag at the beginning of games. Makes me wonder whether it's struggling to stream/load assets initially or if the sever needs to drop 30 players.

Has anything been said about the sort of content that could be added in the future? I know there's a vaulting system and a first-person only mode, but has anything been mentioned other than those?

Just played my first match ever of a game in this genre a few minutes ago. Managed to survive to the low 30s and killed 3 people. Holy crap this is a lot of fun. Performance has been generally smooth for the most part after the initial plane section.

Grief.exe

Are sounds broken right now? I just had a perfect start with an AR Silencer, but got killed because some guy walked up on me without making a single noise.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
First time duos last night. I haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time. New to the PC gaming world as well. We finished #2, #8 and then #33 in the three games we played.

DrBo42

#2 in duo. Came down to me and a guy behind opposite trees and him happening to have the circle. No grenades, had to push to a huge disadvantage. Of course got bodied.

Are sounds broken right now? I just had a perfect start with an AR Silencer, but got killed because some guy walked up on me without making a single noise.

I just got the game, and yeah compared to what I was listening to on streams there is something weird. I hear gunshots fine, but I literally just walked up on someone in a house (we were both sprinting) and there was no noise.

arimanius

Finally decided to give this a try. Been watching summit play and it looks so damn fun but didn't think my PC could play it. Had to turn everything down to very low but it's playable for the most part.

Played several games and man is this game intense. Very fun but I suck at shooting. Highest ranking I've gotten so far is sneaking my way into rank 12. I still need to learn everything and I hope they can optimize it better so maybe I can make the game not look like so much ass. I can def see this game getting addicting.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We will release a server patch that should help with server lag. Servers will be updated shortly without any downtime.

We're also deploying a client patch (50MB) to fix lag issues. Restart Steam after 11PM PDT / 7AM GMT / 3PM KST. Download will be activated.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just got killed by 4 shoulder pixels.
Sight-lines and third-person fuckery... RAAAGE.
Yup

Game feels a lot more turtley compared to the beta these days. Hardly see anyone most games until the very end where it inevitably becomes a flat field gun battle simulator where I inevitably get sandwiched by two teams.

Kadin

I guess it was bound to happen but I hate seeing shit like this. Just convinced two friends to buy it tonight and while we had fun, seeing this def put a sour taste in our mouth. We'll still play but I really hope they crack down on this stuff asap.

Cheating bs, aim bots, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCezfr3cD8M

JDB

Banned
Haven't encountered any obvious cheaters yet so far after 50 hours. Haven't really seen much talk about them on Reddit either which is usually a good sign.

Kadin

Haven't encountered any obvious cheaters yet so far after 50 hours. Haven't really seen much talk about them on Reddit either which is usually a good sign.
But it's kinda hard to know isn't it? I mean, I've died a couple times from one shot with a helmet on and while I know that's def possible, is it really that common? How do you know if you get sniped from afar if it's legit or cheating?

JDB

Banned
But it's kinda hard to know isn't it? I mean, I've died a couple times from one shot with a helmet on and while I know that's def possible, is it really that common? How do you know if you get sniped from afar if it's legit or cheating?
That's why I said obvious cheaters.

Won my first squad match! Pretty fun.

Winning definitely seems to be about getting geared and avoiding all encounters, then lucking out into bunkering at a house that ends up being in the final circle area, though.

JDB

Banned
Won my first squad match! Pretty fun.

Winning definitely seems to be about getting geared and avoiding all encounters, then lucking out into bunkering at a house that ends up being in the final circle area, though.
Vast majority of end-game circles I've had have been out in empty fields or hills without any buildings. I honestly wish they'd end up in towns more often, could mix up end-game combat a bit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I guess it was bound to happen but I hate seeing shit like this. Just convinced two friends to buy it tonight and while we had fun, seeing this def put a sour taste in our mouth. We'll still play but I really hope they crack down on this stuff asap.

C4tBBwj.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
I really don't understand logic like that. Saying they "wasted $25" and "need refund" when they knew they shouldn't be doing it in the first place and would probably be banned just makes no sense to me.
Probably because sites all say they're undetected when it's not :3 also PUBG is doing manual + ban-waves by BE as far as I've see.

And if you do research any reputable cheat maker is avoiding PUBG due to BE as BE is hell to bypass and you won't stay bypassed for long and as such they value their customers accounts more than making money.

I wouldn't worry about these sites which are probably hijackers there to collect all kinds of stuff and getting people banned in the process. I wonder if someone dumb enough made a public one just for the luls.
I know a guy uploaded a cheat a few years ago on one of the public sites which had had like 100k downloads and he then flipped the switch and the cheat got detected on purpose :D

The rage was glorious.

mxgt

Banned
Maybe I'm just salty AF but 3 different games last night I unload on someone with the M16A4, get a load of hits + blood and they just turn around and kill me in 2 hits.

Game was generally laggy as shit last night so maybe that was it, but god it's so annoying.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Maybe I'm just salty AF but 3 different games last night I unload on someone with the M16A4, get a load of hits + blood and they just turn around and kill me in 2 hits.

Game was generally laggy as shit last night so maybe that was it, but god it's so annoying.
Spectator cam is good to see the server issues that may occur. Had matches where I've shot someone with a good 10 bullets and seen blood while my spectator saw no blood 😭

EloKa

you don't make any noise if you're moving in crouch position since yesterday's patch

Jobbs

Banned

What the fuck is the point of that?

It's a game.. You don't get money for winning.. It's supposed to be fun. What about that is fun?

ZenVolta

What the fuck is the point of that?

It's a game.. You don't get money for winning.. It's supposed to be fun. What about that is fun?

People want the win and the kills or whatever. Honestly cheats like this are gross and boring.

Ive played arma where cheats could spawn in HUGE cities and prefabs and force people to fight in them. These people are just the same old boring hacks that get passed around for every multi player game

Top Bottom