• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

9mV1p.jpg

Timber

So if you have an innate and irrepressible feeling of being a woman instead of a man, why would you have a beard in the first place?

Damaged

Tieno said:
Bridge to nowhere

Wow, I so want to go ride that on my motorbike, just awesome. Had a quick look on google and its called the atlantic road. Its in norway and strings a load of small islands together

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Timber said:
So if you have an innate and irrepressible feeling of being a woman instead of a man, why would you have a beard in the first place?

don't open any cans of worms in this thread. Let it flourish, if you want to get into discussions about HRT and transgaf, there is a thread about it.

East Lake

soultron said:
Nah, subways aren't tagged up like that anymore. The 70s and 80s were rough because that was the explosion in popularity of graffiti in places like NYC. Though it's still a staple in major cities, I'd say it's nowhere near as popular as it once was.

IIRC, the graffiti trend caused major cities like NYC to get new cars with finishes, inside and out, that would make removing graffiti even easier, so as to discourage people from doing it in the first place.

You can watch one of the best graffiti documentaries, Style Wars, here. It was shot at a time when graffiti was exploding, so you'll see lots of cars in it that resemble the pictures in this thread.
Thanks for the link, gonna watch this tonight.

These are from a book called Quiet Life by Haruto Maeda

iqZ1W.jpg

mQfFs.jpg

Nn5Om.jpg

RkHmm.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That HRT series made me feel good about people that can realize their hopes and dreams. Cool stuff. And much more attractive as a girl than a guy.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
AbsoluteZero said:
Wait. What happened here? This guy was so overweight and a drug addict so he slowly morphed into another gender?

Mind blown.

Yes, he was depressed not feeling right in his own skin, delved into drugs, accepted what the future held, went on hormone replacement therapy, and bounced back.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
One of my favourite pictures - peasants looking over the wreckage of a downed satellite.

aujdco.jpg

And a better version of a picture posted in this thread earlier.

great-britain-snow-20100111-160949.jpg

Vire

First off, I'd like to say how much I enjoy this thread! Thanks for sharing all these incredible photographs.

b6stmu.jpg

14wc7dk.jpg

2wqg1fl.jpg

264j605.jpg

East Lake

Nick Brandt megapost, he has two books out called On This Earth and A Shadow Falls, then a combined version that's larger than the two originals.

R03o2.jpg

ERSTL.jpg

WGnZ3.jpg

D2zEb.jpg

xp8Q4.jpg

bYmwn.jpg

Vw2YQ.jpg

CL2Yo.jpg

HfYx6.jpg

xZomC.jpg

mpUNQ.jpg

lRIGq.jpg

5geMY.jpg

mkYxb.jpg

H1aY3.jpg

siddx said:
Ok not nearly as cool as some of the pics in this thread, but a while ago I started scanning my parents old pictures from when we lived in various places and a bunch of them I thought were really neat. Ill throw a few on here.

How long did your parents live in Nepal for?

BitchTits

Antimatter said:
Nick Brandt megapost, he has two books out called On This Earth and A Shadow Falls, then a combined version that's larger than the two originals.
Love these. More wildlife posts like this please :)

Qwomo

Vire said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/b6stmu.jpg
Ah! The Santa Maria della Pietà! One of my favorite places on earth! If there were one building in the entire world I could call home, it would be the Santa Maria della Pietà. There's a ruined castle right across from it, too! The Rocca Calascio.

Tons of pictures of Santa Maria and Rocca Calascio here.

Rocca_Calascio_2009_24_%28RaBoe%29.jpg

Daft_Cat

st-pauls-cathedral-london-blitz-1940.jpg

St. Pauls Cathedral after a World War 2 bombing raid in London. Stands unharmed while mostly everything around it was bombed out. I'm not a religious person, but man is this an incredible image.

Qwomo

ArjanN said:
I like how after the second car he doesn't even seem to care any more even though the 3rd and 4th car could have easily hit him.
It's the same car four or five times.

edit: Beaten!

Top Bottom